Perodua Myvi 2005 fuel consumption!

Putra668

Oct 5, 2004
hi.. my 1.3 auto myvi 2005 in stock condition... everythings original..
mileage is 35k..
this thingis.. a full tank of ron95 RM60 shell can only go for 300 km the most.. normal driving..:banghead:
is this normal?:hmmmm:
or what can i do to improve it?:idea:
as i know 1.3 should go further..:driver:
any advise or share urs?:adore:
tq:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
try driving by keeping it below 2500rpm and report back your fc..driver behavior determines FC.. even if you drive prius and full throttle all the way.. the bmw will be more fuel efficient..go see top gear they did the test

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi.. my 1.3 auto myvi 2005 in stock condition... everythings original..
mileage is 35k..
this thingis.. a full tank of ron95 RM60 shell can only go for 300 km the most.. normal driving..:banghead:
is this normal?:hmmmm:
or what can i do to improve it?:idea:
as i know 1.3 should go further..:driver:
any advise or share urs?:adore:
tq:biggrin:
That is not normal, fuel consumption is too thirsty. You should expect at least 400 km for 31 ltr for that engine.
Go to a workshop that has a gas analyser equipment then check your exhaust gas reading, more importantly the Lambda (air/fuel ratio). For fuel efficiency, the lambda should be more than 100. Besides exhaust gas reading, also check ignition timing, it might be too retarded.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That is not normal, fuel consumption is too thirsty. You should expect at least 400 km for 31 ltr for that engine.
Go to a workshop that has a gas analyser equipment then check your exhaust gas reading, more importantly the Lambda (air/fuel ratio). For fuel efficiency, the lambda should be more than 100. Besides exhaust gas reading, also check ignition timing, it might be too retarded.
This is good advice. Might just need P2 to reset the ECU and to clear the fault codes.

Btw, you can't mess with ignition timing on a Myvi. All ECU controlled

Aug 25, 2010
K.K/Sabah
www.facebook.com
previously my 2009 SE2 auto tranny can get 320km from full tank until warning light starts to blink,
but then after replacing the original exhaust system with 4-1 D-Sport extractor,
Zenden twist bullet and a straight flow muffler...
i can easily hit 400km no sweat...maybe more if no high revs :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think it's all in the driving style. I have 2 versions of the Myvi, pre 2007 and post 2007. Both have different ECUs, manifolds, throttle bodies and sparkplugs. As long as I drive sensibly and don't rev past 3k whenever possible, I get on average 410km for both cars. But if I'm redlining the cars every time I want to overtake or something, the best I can get is 350km. Basically my FC ranges between 11km/L to 13km/L depending on how I drive.

One thing to note, the Myvi 1.3 uses one serpentine belt, if it's old and worn, it'll be quite loose and you won't see anything wrong with it. The problem with a old and worn belt is the pulleys will need more effort to turn the belt because of slippage. Before and after changing the belt made a huge difference in acceleration for my cars. So if you have more "lost" power, you'll tend to be more lighter on the throttle which means better FC.

nicholas6188

Jun 13, 2009
K.K/Sabah
Agree with you Izso, definitely your right foot plays a huge role in FC too!
But then if you have a heavy right foot that u can't stand being tailgate by other cars,
Everyone can give a try at Sun Auto InaZma HG and Sun Auto InaZma Supple...tried and shows a huge improvement in FC too ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Bro's need a favour from u guyz regarding 6A12tt or Evo3 halfcut prices.I'm looking for one urgently.Kindly drop in some info here.I would like to trade in my current 6A12 Na and would like to know how much roughly the market price for my current engine.Regards
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience