Performance Cam on Siemens VDO ecu

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Problem with a MAP system such as Siemens is that out-of-box it is not very adaptable to mods which let the engine breathe better. It's best to couple it up with a piggyback or standalone. I believe Matspeed is working on some electronics to alleviate this.

From stock-to-stock comparisons between the 4G93P MAF and MAP system, the latter tends to run leaner at high rpms. But this is still debatable on a car to car basis.

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
thteh86 said:
Heard from some users that they have some problems with Powerzone cams and Matspeed Cams on their own vehicle running under Siemens ECU.

Besides for Idling, what more problems could be caused by these performance cams?
I've been using Matspeed Performance Cams for past 1 month on my Siemens VDO gen2, with adj pulleys and FSE Fuel regulator...no problems at all.

Have recently put in OBIT Piggy Back ECU to fine tune A/F and ITC, results?
performance even much better..

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
razaksa.....hope to see ur dyno results posted here asap :P hehehe....if cun means my bro's gen-2 gonna go to matspeed also :)

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
thteh86 said:
razaksa....wat about ur idling? From the info i got, matspeed is running on 272 degree high cam
bro

from what I know from 272 cams users, idling will definitely be rough but you get very good high end gains...if you use mild road cams i.e. 252 duration idling quality is hardly noticeable and you get better low mid to range rpm gains....

Kodiak_gbl

Known Member
Feb 24, 2005
Johor
Visit site
razaksa said:
I've been using Matspeed Performance Cams for past 1 month on my Siemens VDO gen2, with adj pulleys and FSE Fuel regulator...no problems at all.

Have recently put in OBIT Piggy Back ECU to fine tune A/F and ITC, results?
performance even much better..
Hi razaksa. How much was the OBIT piggy back chip and is there a web site for it. I wanna know more about this product :)

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
thteh86 said:
Besides for Idling, what more problems could be caused by these performance cams?
No offence to all high cams users out there, no doubt its fast & powerful but just sharing the cons of it....

Regrind cams wear faster compared to stock cams. If u want performace and reliability, billet cams are the way to go.

Regrind cams can have more lift and duration but can they keep + optimize the ramp profiles throughout to increase flow and avoid blowing ur pistons?

Lastly, you would have to compliment the cams with all other work to increase power substantially. Can't just expect 12-15hp on a stock engine. Bare in mind u'll b revving more since power is move further up the dial on ur tacho. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Posting on behalf of my friend.

His Civic B20 VTEC idling sound. He says the car doesn't sound right but doesn't know what's wrong. He even does not know if there is really a problem. Just listen to the sound, He brought his camera as close as he could to capture the sound, so nothing much can be seen. Please comment if you think you know what's the problem. Thanks.

Again ignore this crap video. Just listen to the sound. Hehe.

Does...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience