Optimum Car Wax/Alien Wax...is it abrasive? Does it stain white in the cracks?

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Sometime ago I asked Chris Thomas of OPT USA whether can OCW/Alien Wax be used for other uses... say CPU casing? He said its possible... it just that he reminded me to make sure to KEEP the microfiber cloth damp at all times to prevent static electricity! This is a DELL computer casing that uses a single stage spray-on paint without any clear coat. Some of us know that OCW/Alien Wax works well on modern day paint system(2 stage...base coat and clear coat). So how would a wax like OCW/Alien Wax react to it? Well lets see.

I first cleaned the casing with a dampen(with plain water) general purpose microfiber(non plushy ones) since its just purely light dust. Casing age is about 2 years old.

Product used... Optimum Car Wax/Alien Wax of course.

Just 2 light squirts. I didn't press the trigger all the way full.

Noticed that there is more beading on the left side compared to the right side. I did let OCW/Alien Wax cure for 30 minutes. Temperature indoors is about 29C-30C.

NON Abrasive... No black paint transfer. Those marks on the microfiber cloth is basically just OCW/Alien Wax or just water(I did use the same cloth to wipe off the water after doing a 50/50).

No stains in the cracks.

No unscrewing of casing required. I did unplug everything from the back of the CPU so I can perform the application.

BTW, do note to use common sense when trying to mess with electrical equipment using some form of liquid, if there are vents on the casing then its best to spray OCW/Alien Wax onto the cloth and wipe it down onto the casing. Application takes seconds. For the water spraying demo, I did make sure that that side has no open vents. Also I did be very careful not to spray water into the casing gaps too much.

It works for me but for others, at own risk.

Thanks for watching!

Guess I won't be waxing until Christmas.

http://www.chemicar.com/cardetail_wax_offtestreport.pdf

Last edited:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Yupp
The polymers does fantastic work here. Only requires 10 minutes for one full car & best of all it does not leave an unwashable whitish stains like carnauba wax

Lepakboy

Jul 7, 2004
Well a picture is worth 1000 words ... so here it goes!

Spoiler was polished with Optimum Hyper Polish on a Optimum Finishing Pad
Refined with M205 with a Meg Polishing Pad on a DAS -6 DA
Sealed with 2x Coats of Opti-Seal
Topped up with 2x Coats of Optimum Spray Wax
and Finally just because I have it ... One coat of Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax

Attachments

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Well a picture is worth 1000 words ... so here it goes!

Spoiler was polished with Optimum Hyper Polish on a Optimum Finishing Pad
Refined with M205 with a Meg Polishing Pad on a DAS -6 DA
Sealed with 2x Coats of Opti-Seal
Topped up with 2x Coats of Optimum Spray Wax
and Finally just because I have it ... One coat of Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax
another OCD

here is some of my alien eggs

wow wowo side by side with the ultimate opticoat
keep rocking