Opinion for Myvi lagi best 1.3

Josephine

Mar 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all, I plan to do something on my car... it's been 1 year old... any suggestion?? I know all u were pro's.. =) waiting for u guys opinion~ Thank you!!!! Pls give some comment =)

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Do something as in? Maybe a bit more specific? Bodykits? Modifications? New Paint? Plastidip? :biggrin:

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
cantik, for girl,,,really suit...only feel like back very light....not grip.....maybe....need to custom made absorber.?? just my opinion

Josephine

Mar 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
oic, absober is to make it more stable?

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Urm.......alll~~~~hahahaha, i dont have a specific range..maybe will chg lights 1st, den move on to rims and den body kits??? any suggestion? or wat will u do if u were me ? =)

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

nope, it's my baby, i wont sell it xp, kind like i wanna make it special as it is my baby~ i saw alot modification cars nowaday...i feel tat im kinda into it =)

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Do something as in? Maybe a bit more specific? Bodykits? Modifications? New Paint? Plastidip? :biggrin:

Urm.......alll~~~~hahahaha, i dont have a specific range..maybe will chg lights 1st, den move on to rims and den body kits??? any suggestion? or wat will u do if u were me ? =)

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

What kind of planning? Like.... Selling it? :hmmmm:
nope, it's my baby, i wont sell it xp, kind like i wanna make it special as it is my baby~ i saw alot modification cars nowaday...i feel tat im kinda into it =)

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

cantik, for girl,,,really suit...only feel like back very light....not grip.....maybe....need to custom made absorber.?? just my opinion
oic, absober is to make it more stable?
wat is it for? i not really know abt it...... sorry for asking lame qs =(

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ok so you r not selling it. Your car is only a year old so I am pretty sure it is still under warranty. Most modifications would void the warranty so be wise with your choice.

My opinion: like many ordinary cars, myvi isn't a sports or performance car. Improve what it has not e.g. Suspension, brakes, noise absorption, maybe a set of nicer wheels, brighter lights, better plugs, better air filter (stock is already pretty good anyway), better engine and gear oil, better coolant, sound systems, security tint, or maybe some cosmetics like body kits, nice vinyls, plastidip, etc.

Make your car safe, comfortable, and fuel efficient. That is what I am doing now instead of improving its hp, I improve the km/l.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If I were you, forget bodykits and whatever modifications.

1. Spend on a good security setup. A good alarm, immobilizer, anti-hijack, GPS tracking, hoodlock, anti pry panels, door handle block and all.
2. Spend on a good tint.
3. Spend on a good comfortable aftermarket Recaro or Nappa / Alcantara leather wrap your interior.
4. Spend on a good sound system
5. Spend on a good 15" lightweight rim and good tyres.

Enjoy the car that way. Don't mod cuz then the reliability will be gone especially since it sounds like you're not modify-savvy.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Whole lot you can do with your car. Without specifying what you actually want done, it is hard to advice you. The guys might just be advising you on what they want done.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
:hmmmm: Josephine, you got to be clear in what you want to do. Either you want the car to look nicer or want your myvi to drive faster or wanting to improve the handling of your Myvi.

If you are not certain on what to do with your car, I agree and recommend to go with what Izso bro has recommended.

- Invest in better Security Tint - Looking at the crime rate nowadays.
- Invest in heat Rejection Tint - Tints that come with heat rejection + security tint is never sufficient to keep the heat out.
- Invest in better Alarm system and other security measures so that is not easy to steal your car or break into
- Invest in getting a Car DVR video recorder as a protection to yourself. In case of any car accident, you have proof.
- Better Tyres as mentioned.
- Better Brakes or even consider installing a steel braided hose.

Best not do too much where some changes may void your car warranty.

Josephine

Mar 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
:hmmmm: Josephine, you got to be clear in what you want to do. Either you want the car to look nicer or want your myvi to drive faster or wanting to improve the handling of your Myvi.

If you are not certain on what to do with your car, I agree and recommend to go with what Izso bro has recommended.

- Invest in better Security Tint - Looking at the crime rate nowadays.
- Invest in heat Rejection Tint - Tints that come with heat rejection + security tint is never sufficient to keep the heat out.
- Invest in better Alarm system and other security measures so that is not easy to steal your car or break into
- Invest in getting a Car DVR video recorder as a protection to yourself. In case of any car accident, you have proof.
- Better Tyres as mentioned.
- Better Brakes or even consider installing a steel braided hose.

Best not do too much where some changes may void your car warranty.

Thank you~ now i understand what you guys asking =) i wanto make it save petrol, i think someone have recommend me chg de ........ pulley, i dont know what was that, it's function was to make your car save petrol n it is beside your engine. Do you know what is this? does it affect the engine? and ya, i want to make my car attractive xp and ya, my car currently had dark tint...or maybe i should hav upload some pictures to let u guys figure out??

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Ok so you r not selling it. Your car is only a year old so I am pretty sure it is still under warranty. Most modifications would void the warranty so be wise with your choice.

My opinion: like many ordinary cars, myvi isn't a sports or performance car. Improve what it has not e.g. Suspension, brakes, noise absorption, maybe a set of nicer wheels, brighter lights, better plugs, better air filter (stock is already pretty good anyway), better engine and gear oil, better coolant, sound systems, security tint, or maybe some cosmetics like body kits, nice vinyls, plastidip, etc.

Make your car safe, comfortable, and fuel efficient. That is what I am doing now instead of improving its hp, I improve the km/l.
you're right...fuel efficient is important for me. Im thinking of changing bigger tyre, original was too slim, it's only 14" n im also afraid it will cost me alot after changing it....so i really dunno what to do =(

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

If I were you, forget bodykits and whatever modifications.

1. Spend on a good security setup. A good alarm, immobilizer, anti-hijack, GPS tracking, hoodlock, anti pry panels, door handle block and all.
2. Spend on a good tint.
3. Spend on a good comfortable aftermarket Recaro or Nappa / Alcantara leather wrap your interior.
4. Spend on a good sound system
5. Spend on a good 15" lightweight rim and good tyres.

Enjoy the car that way. Don't mod cuz then the reliability will be gone especially since it sounds like you're not modify-savvy.
Ok, noted. =) thanks alot. Spend on a good 15" lightweight rim and good tyres <--- mainly cost how much??? :confused:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
you're right...fuel efficient is important for me. Im thinking of changing bigger tyre, original was too slim, it's only 14" n im also afraid it will cost me alot after changing it....so i really dunno what to do

Ok, noted. =) thanks alot. Spend on a good 15" lightweight rim and good tyres <--- mainly cost how much??? :confused:
If want to spend less, then just change the tyre size from 175/65R14 to 185/60R14. This way you do not need to change the rims.

If upgrade to 15" then you need to pay for the rims too, however you can trade in the old set. Tyre size can use 185/55R15 or 195/50R15. Tyres are more expensive then the 14" ones...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If you want to save petrol, learn how to drive the car efficiently, aka hypermiling.
No mods will save more petrol than driving behaviour. Fact.

If you drive like a normal person and follow road speeds, especially road speed entering corners - Malaysia road speed will be lower when you exit a 110km/hour highway to the corner ramp, usually 60km/hour or less. The Myvi will handle absolutely fine.

The stock tyres are absolutely fine for stock driving. Ignore bullshit like "more grip" and "stability". Any Proton the same year as the Myvi will handle way better than the Myvi, stock to stock. To make the Myvi even handle close to a Savvy requires spending a large amount of money.

Changing to bigger tyres, either in circumference or width, will result in additional unsprung weight, which effects fuel efficiency. Though some tyre model are lighter than others. The original slim tyres are very good for Malaysia -- provided you follow road speeds and DO NOT take a corner like izso. Slimmer tyres on a lightweight car such as the Myvi resists aquaplaning better than a wider tyre, fact. Google aquaplaning to understand what it is. Malaysia is a tropical country and rain the year round, and you want to make sure you are in control in the rain.

Sound proofing the Myvi helps, a bit, especially if you do the roof, thus when it rains the car won't sound like rain drops falling on an empty milo tin.

Save your money and buy some hello kitty to put in the car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys...

Long time i didn't post any diy installation in this thread. So today got some time to install a Sulfarid Battery Maximiser :regular_smile: http://kruger.fotopic.net/c873848.html, CCFL Lamp in my rear bonnet :regular_smile: http://kruger.fotopic.net/c873851.html and will install a Fuel Saver unit tomorrow. Now Tired already la... :_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience