3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
New ori suspension mounts
Arm bushings all ok
Tie rod end ok
Rack end ok
Alignment and balancing done

But my passenger side tyre forever wear off super fast. Nobody seem to be able to find out the reason. Any ideas as to why?

Driver

Passenger

Attachments

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro. veloc, the route you take got many roundabouts? Those days they mentioned because of roundabouts the left front tyres wear faster.
If not, not sure why too, because from the pictures your tyre wear is pretty even, meaning your alignment and camber are ok.
If you want them to be more even you will have to rotate the tyres. If you want to do only the front tyres, then for symmetric and asymmetric pattern tyres you just swap them around. If using directional then you have to un-mount them flip around mount back then only rotate/swap. This way will even out your tyre wear....:driver:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Try doing alignment at other tyre shop...

what vr2turbo saying are true...last time i 'layan' rounabout can see the thread near sidewall almost finished....

Parada Spec 2 weird tyre la...assymetric tyre....and looks like directional....but not...
left side remove water to 'inside', ok then...
right side move water to 'outside'....towards the bigger thread block...
I wonder how this tyre take left corner during raining...
maybe the 'longkang' is big enough for that....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, it does not have good wet handling reviews but in the dry is definitely good. Large straight grooves or large directional grooves are best for water channeling, Parada Spec 2 grooves ends in no mans land....hahhaha

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro. veloc, the route you take got many roundabouts? Those days they mentioned because of roundabouts the left front tyres wear faster.
If not, not sure why too, because from the pictures your tyre wear is pretty even, meaning your alignment and camber are ok.
If you want them to be more even you will have to rotate the tyres. If you want to do only the front tyres, then for symmetric and asymmetric pattern tyres you just swap them around. If using directional then you have to un-mount them flip around mount back then only rotate/swap. This way will even out your tyre wear....:driver:
About roundabout, I have heard some talking about this. Because of the turn, the passenger side tyre loads up. But i don't think it has such a big effect because we are mostly slow on roundabouts. And not all the time on roundabout here. I already rotated once. Don't want to rotate anymore because everytime i rotate, it wears off super fast its like wasting tyre. Signs of wear can be seen after 4-6 months My consideration now is to just try to use used or cheapo tyres for the front passenger side or maybe both fronts. It is just not worth using good tyres because even I rotate them, it's too short a lifespan.

Just curious what else could be the problem that I haven't fix.... I always do alignment inn one of the best shops here and also tried alignment in a few other shops just to make sure. So you reckon is roundabout???

Try doing alignment at other tyre shop...

what vr2turbo saying are true...last time i 'layan' rounabout can see the thread near sidewall almost finished....

Parada Spec 2 weird tyre la...assymetric tyre....and looks like directional....but not...
left side remove water to 'inside', ok then...
right side move water to 'outside'....towards the bigger thread block...
I wonder how this tyre take left corner during raining...
maybe the 'longkang' is big enough for that....
Haha sharp eye... Yes rotating the Parada is a bit tricky due to the tread design. I haven't tried the wet grip limit because I do not throw my car into corners when it's raining :biggrin:. Just drive like normal and sometimes turn slightly fast. So far, still feel ok. No tyre screech or slide. But the dry grip is phenomenal! Seriously I tried throwing it into corners. Not a single screech. But I guess I won't use this tyre anymore. Treadwear of only 300 is very low for 195/50/15.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Just curious and pardon me if I say this.

Is your passenger heavier a lot lot than the driver and causes passenger side tyre wear faster?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Just curious and pardon me if I say this.

Is your passenger heavier a lot lot than the driver and causes passenger side tyre wear faster?
That is a good point. But I seldom carry passengers. And even if I do, my gf and mum is a lot lighter than me.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Veloc, can you clean the tyre and retake the pic? It's a bit hard to really see the wear on the tyres. Is the rear passenger side the same or is the rear even wear on both sides? What suspension you using? Perhaps passenger side absorber stiffer than driver? I dunno. I'm simply suggesting things.

On a lighter side : Told you drive slower. Understeer so much until tyre botak! :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
About roundabout, I have heard some talking about this. Because of the turn, the passenger side tyre loads up. But i don't think it has such a big effect because we are mostly slow on roundabouts. And not all the time on roundabout here. I already rotated once. Don't want to rotate anymore because everytime i rotate, it wears off super fast its like wasting tyre. Signs of wear can be seen after 4-6 months My consideration now is to just try to use used or cheapo tyres for the front passenger side or maybe both fronts. It is just not worth using good tyres because even I rotate them, it's too short a lifespan.

Just curious what else could be the problem that I haven't fix.... I always do alignment inn one of the best shops here and also tried alignment in a few other shops just to make sure. So you reckon is roundabout???

Haha sharp eye... Yes rotating the Parada is a bit tricky due to the tread design. I haven't tried the wet grip limit because I do not throw my car into corners when it's raining :biggrin:. Just drive like normal and sometimes turn slightly fast. So far, still feel ok. No tyre screech or slide. But the dry grip is phenomenal! Seriously I tried throwing it into corners. Not a single screech. But I guess I won't use this tyre anymore. Treadwear of only 300 is very low for 195/50/15.
Make sure the two front tyres are of same make and size. It can differ from the rears but fronts have to be the same, and the rears also have to be the same. This is because different make and size, you will have different traction levels and that can be dangerous...

Threadwear 300 actually quite high already unless you want those tough wearing China tyres with 400 right up to 600 figures.....hhahahha

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Veloc, can you clean the tyre and retake the pic? It's a bit hard to really see the wear on the tyres. Is the rear passenger side the same or is the rear even wear on both sides? What suspension you using? Perhaps passenger side absorber stiffer than driver? I dunno. I'm simply suggesting things.

On a lighter side : Told you drive slower. Understeer so much until tyre botak! :biggrin:
Looks like bro Veloc just used the tyres in WRC events....

On the bright side, this is a good time (and excuse) to change to better tyres....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Looks like bro Veloc just used the tyres in WRC events....

On the bright side, this is a good time (and excuse) to change to better tyres....
If you read his postings, because of fast tyre wear he want to change to cheaper tyres......hhahahahha:rofl:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
We dont have to travel fast to pus stress on the tire on a roundabout.
just imagine the force that the outer tyre have to take as the weight transfer to that side.not jist the weoght of the car but the momentum also.
your prada is not like my xm2 which is made to last long.

my late firend was using prada but his car got super even wear.its bevause hos route involve no roundabout and hard corner.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If you read his postings, because of fast tyre wear he want to change to cheaper tyres......hhahahahha:rofl:

Change to harder (read cheaper) tyres...........and bro Veloc later complain how come tyre wear so little pulak.....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
less wear he happy dy, scare he complaint no traction.......hhahahhahahahhaha:rofl:

nevermind, everyday can "drift" at the roadabout.....

Just a thought about the uneven tyre wear.
TS, do you drive on road that has different roughness of surface? Since your tayar are soft, the roughness of road surface might accelerate and develop the wear characteristic on the tyres.....

---------- Post added 11-20-2015 at 12:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 11-19-2015 at 11:30 PM ----------

less wear he happy dy, scare he complaint no traction.......hhahahhahahahhaha:rofl:

nevermind, everyday can "drift" at the roadabout.....

Just a thought about the uneven tyre wear.
TS, do you drive on road that has different roughness of surface? Since your tayar are soft, the roughness of road surface might accelerate and develop the wear characteristic on the tyres.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hmmm... sori if this topic has been posted....

but what I want to know is, which immobilizer is good for a perdana V6?? any suggestions? I am located in Kuching Sarawak... so wad immobilizer is good?

Don tell me the tracking system is good cuz as far as I am concerned, there isn't one company operating here yet... :lol:...

anyway... all suggestions are welcomed and if possible, please tell me the price and where I can get it... thanks a lot guys... :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience