Oil stains on the side of the engine block.

pillage2001

Known Member
Let's see, how do I explain this. I'm driving a SV4 2.0 and I can see oil traces along the side of the engine block. The top part ( The part above the extractor. The black color block). Not the bottom. Also, I can see oil traces at the side of the engine oil cap. I was wondering why is this happening?? Is it because there's too much black oil in the engine until it has to force it's way out??

Just got a mechanic to look at it. It's the valve cover seal that is worn out. Wonder how much to repair it? Mechanic couldn't give me a figure.

Last edited:
maybe u can check your seals.....they might be too worn out thus allowing oil to come out..

pillage2001 said:
Let's see, how do I explain this. I'm driving a SV4 2.0 and I can see oil traces along the side of the engine block. The top part ( The part above the extractor. The black color block). Not the bottom. Also, I can see oil traces at the side of the engine oil cap. I was wondering why is this happening?? Is it because there's too much black oil in the engine until it has to force it's way out??
try 2 help... but can't get clear view of which part... if d leaking at blok 2 head... maybe head gasket or cam seal... seem similar trouble happened 2 me b4... it was cam seal... others... no idea...

zamrioo2 said:
try 2 help... but can't get clear view of which part... if d leaking at blok 2 head... maybe head gasket or cam seal... seem similar trouble happened 2 me b4... it was cam seal... others... no idea...

Would love to take a pic but no camera. heh.......

pillage2001 said:

Just got a mechanic to look at it. It's the valve cover seal that is worn out. Wonder how much to repair it? Mechanic couldn't give me a figure.

valve cover seal repair suppose to be cheap loh, just use good glue to seal it back

Top Bottom