Oil Cooler

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
All sifus!
Is n/a car can put an oil cooler?have any different after putting it?wat's is the benefit putting it?

dean75

Known Member
Nov 10, 2004
Port Dickson
One thing for sure, no hot engine problem, your engine oil will not be too thin/gas up ( to that extent ). I believe adding an oil cooler to the engine system is not necessary to N/A referring to normal driving, but a good choice for those who're 'kaki lari' ..... all sifu, please comment if I am wrong....

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
but i think if we alwiz rev high should better install wan kua.so that engine will not so hot

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Its good to install an oil cooler no matter its NA or TC or SC. Keeping the lub oil within its working limits is good. Will help you avoid overheating problem and damage engine parts.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
erm, anyone knows how much does an oil cooler cost and where do we find it? looks like its kinda rare this item....

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Oil cooler is cheap... ranging from RM 50 to 200 depending on size / brand.

What is difficult to find is the adaptor - u need to screw this to the oil filter port n relocate 2 hoses to oil cooler. The oil filter then screw to the adaptor. Some adaptor have mounts for oil pressure / oil temp sensor - these are expensive.

nukleus

May 31, 2004
The oil filter then screw to the adaptor. Some adaptor have mounts for oil pressure / oil temp sensor - these are expensive.
the adaptor it self cost rm250 - rm350

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
woa, i see...so is there any way to get a solid confirmed price? sounds bloody interesting this thing is... ;) can be transferred from engine to engine right?

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Better if u can find a kit for your car complete with the oil filter adaptor and all the hoses and joints.
If u just have an oil cooler, dont stinge on hoses and joints. Get the best quality hoses and joints and preferrably "10 or "12 size. Also take into consideration of the length of the hoses. The longer the least ideal. Coz u dont want to fit it wrongly and suffer low oil pressure and that is ultra bad for the engine. U might even consider adjusting the oil pressure relief valve to up the pressure after the oil cooler is installed. But dont over do it as it can over stress the oil pump gears.
Just my 2 cents.

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
there are 2 size of adapters.for bigger type of oil filter and smaller size of oil filter.i just bought 1 oil cooler from chop shop at Rm100 and adapter rm200

dean75

Known Member
Nov 10, 2004
Port Dickson
if i may ask, from which car the oil cooler attach to previously and what's your ride ?...Will you let us know what's the result after you install it to your ride?.....thanks man:_:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Bro, after fitting the oil cooler. Do give us a result on the installation, want to see how good it perform.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
3 years ago i installed oil cooler to my 4g15 engine.

seriously didnt feel any improvement. my 4g15 was a high rev engine, exceeding 8000rpm.

i guess u could monitor the difference if u have oil pressure n oil temperature gauge. but seriously without those meters installed, its hard to feel or know any improvement...

KE2020

Known Member
Dec 12, 2003
Visit site
I have it installed in my 4AGE. U can't feel anything for sure, cos it only cool down your engine oil thus preventing your engine oil to overheat when high revving like during drifting or tracking.
So the purpose of installing it is just to protect your engine, it won't improve any horsepower.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus...

Need to seek advice from all here again.

Was wondering is HWL good enough for satria gti? anyone on satria using it now?
looking it into consideration as the price is within my budget.

How is HWL compare to APM...both also nearly same pricing at around 1.6k

Hope all hwl give some comment here...overally? ride? service? perform? warranty?

Thanx thanx. do not wan to invest in bad product here. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience