Non-CPS Campro to CPS Conversion

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Is it possible to convert the non CPS Campro to CPS version? I read somewhere that you will need the complete CPS head, intake manifold and ECU. Is this true? Any workshop that provides such a conversion service?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
possible....u can search fro drexchan (ea autoworks) in this zth forum.... :adore:

but mind u it not gonna be cheap..

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
yeah it is possible and theres already a few successful 1.3 to 1.6 cps conversion, even from 1.6 to 1.6cps a few edy.....

cost also quite high but not silly high, and have to take quite sometime to search for complete convertion parts (used condition).... imagine new parts from proton? a bomb! u can buy a halfcut for that money...

better still, sell ur current engine.... buy complete cps engine which will cost around rm3500 to rm5500, depends on whos asking too..... bengkel2 yg main campro drag ada bnyk non-cps/cps engine halfcut lying around...need to get jpj endorse on the road..hehe:idea:

what u get is better than convertion from non-cps to cps....

or with that budget, u just mod ur non-cps campro NA.... kuat also bro if properly tuned....

or get a halfcut (mivec or gsr) then endorse also la, if more dare take evo4 to evo6.... but sadly cant endorse.... so now the halfcuts are filthy cheap, never than gsr or mivec if engine age is concern....

or get BOT?:idea:

hahaha racun, racun...........

which path would i take if i got the chance? hmmmmm

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
was actually thinking of changing to cps head too, but looking at the estimated cost, i think rebuilding non-cps engine+turbo better.. lol

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
sell yr car and go for R3 version of neo...cheaper this way and comes with warranty..just my suggestion.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Things you need for conversion :

- complete CPS main engine harness
- complete CPS cylinder head
- new front cage assembly for CPS
- sensors
- ECU
- intake manifold ( VIM )
- exhaust manifold for CPS
- throttle body CPS
- meter cluster CPS ; im not sure if the non-CPS meter cluster could work..coz "cold" indicator may not work
- fuel rail and fuel injector CPS

that if you're not swapping gearbox :)

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
holyshet... that is like getting a halfcut.. :idea:
Lol..... Yes, I have checked. Need to change many things. Not worth the money. Best solution to get more power is to swap in the 4G92 Mivec engine, if not 4AGE is also a good choice.

Downside is..... how to get past inspection....lol....

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
Lol..... Yes, I have checked. Need to change many things. Not worth the money. Best solution to get more power is to swap in the 4G92 Mivec engine, if not 4AGE is also a good choice.

Downside is..... how to get past inspection....lol....
it is impossbile to pass inspection.. unless thru workshop.. lol..

sian.. i tot can jus change head.. so now turbo is the easiest liao.:banghead:

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
it is impossbile to pass inspection.. unless thru workshop.. lol..

sian.. i tot can jus change head.. so now turbo is the easiest liao.:banghead:
Yes, must go thru workshop...lol...I am also thinking along that line..

However, there are problems with turbo as well. Need workshop to get thru inspection also.

But getting more power for Campro is rather costly. Cause the pistons, conrods and crank is not forged. Hence getting more power means you need quite alot of $$$. Custom pistons, rods and crank is very expensive (assuming the block itself can hold).

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
I am thinking jus overhaul n rebuild the engine first..

Off topic, where to get wire mesh for stock bumper? I plan to change back stock with lip, putty the hole at the badge and wire mesh top n bottom grills. :biggrin:p

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
I am thinking jus overhaul n rebuild the engine first..

Off topic, where to get wire mesh for stock bumper? I plan to change back stock with lip, putty the hole at the badge and wire mesh top n bottom grills. :biggrin:p
Overhaul engine?? Whats your mileage? Mine has yet to hit 100K so still a long way to go before overhaul....

As for grills, are you referring to the metal ones? IF so, I saw it in autobacs.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Mine is 95k.. lol. Jus gonna get ready for tc mah.. :biggrin:

I dunno how to DIY leh.. LOL
OIC. You don't need to overhaul just for TC purpose. I read over at Campro turbo website that there is this Xenon turbo kit for Campro engine. Its around $3.7K (RM8.8K). Its not exactly cheap but since they claim to have done all the necessary research and ensure reliability.

Btw, I am currently sourcing for better internals. Trying to see if Proton is willing to sell their forged conrods and crankshaft used in the CFE engine.

If Proton can sell the CFE engine for $5K and then perhaps $1K for engine swap, I think it will be a better choice. Then can get thru inspection easily!!

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
they just launched the cfe, personally i think they wont be selling it out so soon...new model of a cfe saloon coming out in march...so maybe later on...when volume build up...then they able to produce surplus for after market. just my 2cents

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone pls help me on this..

planning to install CAI on my wira 1.5 injection.. by d.i.y lah..

any of u guys got pictures of the installation process?

or if there was a thread regarding this topic tht u guys know off.. cos been searching thru this DIY section but cant find one..

pls help me.. thanks in advance guys:adore: :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience