New Proton Inspira now available for booking!

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
You know whut ... Mitsu is very clever company, they made Evo X with high cost RnD but how they gain back the return ? by selling large volume of Evo X ?? NO ... of cos with the high sale volume of the Lancer GT!!

Same goes to Civic type R and normal Civic ..

Proton even smarter, the've got Lancer and rebadge into inspira ... what is the most important objective of a company ? Profit !!!

do u know how much the cost of RnD for the new car ??

When most of the car maker companies fall during the recession .. Proton stand still .. i have to agree, they're quite smart. Thanks to new SAGA and Exora. They make money rather than lost ...

I still remember most of proton basher here are praying for that Proton company to gulung tikar during the recession..
Correct me if i'm wrong, Proton survived because malaysia's automotive industry is still designed to protect Proton, they didn't actually succeed in doing it on their own. They have the government to thank for that. OF COURSE proton is making huge profits, Check the price of our Gen2 in UK and Arab... you'll be surprised how much the the rakyat is getting conned to help the company stay afloat....

But then that will come down to tax structure and stuff and its the same story all over again on why Malaysian car so expensive and alot of Bull...

Peace. Just my 0.005 cents

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
I really feel sorry for proton's public image. If i were the head of proton PR dept, i would be knee deep in valium and zoloft pills by now.

Develop own campro and gen-2 platform, kena bash. rebadge lancer to become wira and inspira, also kena bash. never recall car for errors, kena bash. recall car for electronic flaw, also kena bash. did not JV with VAG, kena bash. Bought over lotus for transfer of tech, also kena bash. came up with cheap car savvy, kena bash for poor quality. get good quality rebadge from mitsu, also kena bash for being too expensive. ....... and lots more reason to bash proton.

In fact, the only proton model that received minimal bashing is i believe the satria GTi. But then, its also on a mitsu platform, with a mitsu engine.....so in essence its also a rebadge...

time for another round of valium.

chimaera1855

1,500 RPM
Sep 10, 2007
proton will always be proton no matter how u partner and partner.. too bad..
agreed and no matter how much u ll put on it it will always be a proton.put all the evo parts u want on it but the registration card the day u want to sell it will always say proton.!!!

pi_zayo

Aug 28, 2008
the slogan is marketing gimmick to blind the car buyers.

the thing is that wondering how many people actually working in potong? just relax in the office, end of the month get salary which has been so since 25 years ago. the staff there learn nothing. gov keeps protecting.

hansonchen

Known Member
Jan 25, 2007
bad advertising idea, it's like - immediately launching a new car, it crashes, through a wall. they could have used the idea of the car morphing out from liquid metal like T2... :)

anyway, the car looks nice for the front part.. back part still unknown, hopefully not a gen2 at the back. price is expensive, around 50k is reasonable

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
bad advertising idea, it's like - immediately launching a new car, it crashes, through a wall. they could have used the idea of the car morphing out from liquid metal like T2... :)

anyway, the car looks nice for the front part.. back part still unknown, hopefully not a gen2 at the back. price is expensive, around 50k is reasonable
Guess they wanted to portrait Inspira strong bodyparts ..

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
haha s expected more potong bashing s usual lolz...s much s i hate potong own copy pastah method,,,i still gonna wait 4 full review of this car b4 judging potong in overall whole

Oct 15, 2010
Selangor
as normal new model vehicle of proton must have weakness as well as proton putra, wira, gen2 etc...whoever intend to buy this car better wait until the 2nd or 3rd revision....80k to 90k is not worth to malaysians....unless for rich people.....how come any campaign of 'use malaysia product' could be succeed? damn all of this shit:stupid:

^Raver^

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Keramat
some newbies information to all jeremy clarkson here..

Inspira -
For 1st batch is CBU from Japan it self.
75% Mitsui parts and 25% local(bodypart and some interior only)

Engine code 4b10 for 1.8
4b11 for 2.0 the same engine with lancer GT. (All engine part and qc is from mitsui. No alteration by proton - agreement with mitsui)

in other way this is the cheaper version of lancer GT by using proton purposely to reduce the import tax. or in a mean word this is the lancer gt. Same goes to Daihatsu and produa. Kia and Naza. Naza and Peugeot.

so 80k not worth it.. than better buy lancer gt 118k nvm pay xtra 30k++ more as long as u get front bodykit of mitsui. plus gud knock down 2nd hand value. fuhh sure worth it...

cant imagine if proton closed agreement with vw. Golf GTI 248k in proton batch. all copy cat and mybe sellin at 100k. but offcoz la malaysian.. fuhh not worth it its a proton better buy honda city.

haha mitsui marketing guy is smarter than all of us.. they really now how to make profit in malaysia, in several month this inspira probably will be in top 3 selling car in malaysia which lancer gt will never achieve it. hey they Japanese..

hohoho chears.. long life cherry car - king of copycat..

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
alot of ppl say aston marton also copy iQ but aston martin put their small car to diff market, simply put luxury on the small car, is copy but better than iQ.
proton n perodua juz hide under goverment umbrella.....n grow up. why should we need that kind of national car ?if u as me did i bangga n proud of proton? i ll say NO!!!!!
they juz ckd the model,n sell higher alot than original price. please think, a GT price RM120K with 200% tax, so without tax is RM40K. proton(buatan malaysia) selling they san zai version GT for RM95K. where the balance go?(pocket of them). inspira is not buatan malaysia but tiruan malaysia.

Mar 1, 2006
KL
Bolehland now became pirate land... congrats!! Single Middle finger up to them..
pirate are always gain more profit maaa..... china also super big pirateland now they almost overcome Japan tech :adore::idea::evil::party:

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

bro..nowadays everybody share n build same cars as their own products..
perodua rebadge move to kenari, mira to kancil, passo to myvi,
naza rebadge carnival to ria, 206 to bestari, caren to citra,
china rebadge gen2 to europestar and many more....

sorry to say..not to defend proton or other party..just sleek advise from me, open ur eyes BIG...when it involve Proton, everybody will HENTAm kaw2...me too sumtimes feel its not right..
Yup2, agree with TopRpm... need to think positively sometimes. :hmmmm:

Oct 15, 2010
Selangor
alot of ppl say aston marton also copy iQ but aston martin put their small car to diff market, simply put luxury on the small car, is copy but better than iQ.
proton n perodua juz hide under goverment umbrella.....n grow up. why should we need that kind of national car ?if u as me did i bangga n proud of proton? i ll say NO!!!!!
they juz ckd the model,n sell higher alot than original price. please think, a GT price RM120K with 200% tax, so without tax is RM40K. proton(buatan malaysia) selling they san zai version GT for RM95K. where the balance go?(pocket of them). inspira is not buatan malaysia but tiruan malaysia.
199% agree....how come the lancer GT actual price is just around RM40k in Japan but after entering malaysia the price increase to RM120k while Inspira just open for booking already RM80k to RM90k?

Last time I heard many complaints regarding on Proton's car vehicle selling price at mid asia country and europe cheaper than selling price in malaysia? how come we can think positive for over years? :mad: