Neo Campro CPS to Mivec 1.6 Boleh?

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You also need to save your money for another parts of your car, if you can afford:
1) full exhaust (I am using 2.5" all the way, midbox +S-flow, more than rm1K)
2) oil cooler (engine oil and transmisson since mine is auto, another rm1K for both)
3) brake upgrade (I am using steel braid hoses, better pad, around rm700 for front and rear)
4) suspension (I am using IMProve abs, around Rm1K)
5) lower down your compression (either metal gasket or change forged pistons, i am using metal gasket)
6) some gauges to monitor your car condition such as boost, water temp, oil temp and pressure etc.
7) better tyres

still many more to be list out. Yes maybe you think it is not worth to put so much money on a proton car but its all about how you enjoy the ride sometimes, anyway, I'm okay with it.:driver:
Do you know anything about the kit Dori=dori offers? 8.8k (turbo kit including management + tuning) I don't know which brand of management they are using tho. How's your FC btw?

ecal echal

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
unichip+turbo module kot...from what i've seen...tune @RS. price quoted rm8888 all in.
seen few BOT neos there.nice,neat setup and also churning out good output...but like jo_ann said,need to prepare to invest summore...hehehe
yahhh...same question here,how's ur FC?
heard from camproturbo guys,most of their cars (auto,mostly) got better FC after BOT??

Jerry_ann

Sep 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on how you drive your car, if you want boost all the way but ask for better fuel comsumption is ridiculous right.
Like in mandarin we say, how can we "want to horse to run fast but without eat more grass".

For me, the fuel consumption is nothing much different compared to my N/A time, and i never drive my car at 90km/h at the highway all the time, what for i put in turbo then, so i cant really tell about the FC. If you want a figure, averagely rm70 I can get 350 to 400km, its okay for my campro kosong auto.

additional list (continued from my previous post):
- at least double layer radiator (turbo = hot)
- piping isulation and silicone hoses
- fuel regulator for adjust fuel pressure (wider tuning range)

yes it think most of them are offering piggyback (Dori-dori or speedworks), but i think you can ask for standalone but with extra $$$.
my advice: save enough money and do enough research, you cant do it stagely or you may damage you engine before next step, especially if you have not enough fund for management. THERE ARE SOME BAD REVIEWS behind but covered sometimes.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on how you drive your car, if you want boost all the way but ask for better fuel comsumption is ridiculous right.
Like in mandarin we say, how can we "want to horse to run fast but without eat more grass".

For me, the fuel consumption is nothing much different compared to my N/A time, and i never drive my car at 90km/h at the highway all the time, what for i put in turbo then, so i cant really tell about the FC. If you want a figure, averagely rm70 I can get 350 to 400km, its okay for my campro kosong auto.

additional list (continued from my previous post):
- at least double layer radiator (turbo = hot)
- piping isulation and silicone hoses
- fuel regulator for adjust fuel pressure (wider tuning range)

yes it think most of them are offering piggyback (Dori-dori or speedworks), but i think you can ask for standalone but with extra $$$.
my advice: save enough money and do enough research, you cant do it stagely or you may damage you engine before next step, especially if you have not enough fund for management. THERE ARE SOME BAD REVIEWS behind but covered sometimes.
I see , i see. Nice to have first hand info from a person that actually drives a campro turbo. Thanks for sharing. Your FC is really good then. I feel that the FC for campro CPS is actually pretty good. Cheers! :wavey:

ecal echal

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yup,i agree with wat u said. still need a good standy coz the piggy might not be able to hold up the close loop forever...hehehe.
btw,bad reviews always covered up.nicely and perfectly...jage market laa...hahahah:burnout:

Jerry_ann

Sep 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Jerry, any reliability issue is lets say I travel often from KL - Perak (Lumut). About 3 hours drive? :driver:
Depends on:
- how's your original car condition before BOT?
- how's your BOT kit setup?
- how's your tuning done?
- what is your driving style? wanna keep boosting or occasionally?
- do you have any additional or upgraded kit to reduce the heat? such as oil cooler and better radiator.
- appropriate engine lube to take the power and heat generated?

I cant give you an answer because i used to heard few stories of piston melted, water temp reach very high, etc.

For me, so far my car still like N/A time:
- no coolant reduction (very minimal)
- no engine oil reduction or burnt (turbo = hot), i am still using petronas syntium 10w40.
- auto transmission oil still in good colour after 10000km
- turbo so far still works properly, still getting 0.7 bar and never overboosted.

It will be good to put some gauges to monitor your car if you are hardcore type (or even you are not). Perhaps you can notice the readings from them, before the car sudden break down...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Anyway, before BOT, my campro kosong auto can reach 170km/h easily but then slowy up to 190km/h.
Now I can get to 200km/h without hesitation, but never try to press further because mine is still meatballs... XD
And I still wanna protect my engine and gearbox, since they are still in stock condition.
Don't ask for too much.

If you want free from headache - never mod your car but buy a new car come with everything you want, at least anything happen still with warranty. Not like BOT, you have to spare more time and money if something bad happens.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on:
- how's your original car condition before BOT?
- how's your BOT kit setup?
- how's your tuning done?
- what is your driving style? wanna keep boosting or occasionally?
- do you have any additional or upgraded kit to reduce the heat? such as oil cooler and better radiator.
- appropriate engine lube to take the power and heat generated?

I cant give you an answer because i used to heard few stories of piston melted, water temp reach very high, etc.

For me, so far my car still like N/A time:
- no coolant reduction (very minimal)
- no engine oil reduction or burnt (turbo = hot), i am still using petronas syntium 10w40.
- auto transmission oil still in good colour after 10000km
- turbo so far still works properly, still getting 0.7 bar and never overboosted.

It will be good to put some gauges to monitor your car if you are hardcore type (or even you are not). Perhaps you can notice the readings from them, before the car sudden break down...
I see, cools! 0.7 boost is quite high already IMO. The one dori-dori is doing only 0.4 boost (using NIssan SR20 turbo).

ecal echal

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
price is reasonable but have we got any review from users?pros n cons againts mivec conversion/BOT setup....curious
from the package they're offering,it's super tempting coz of the all-in package...hmmm...interesting.hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just want to share...
i tried the DIY about putting the computer fan in the air filter box tube.....first 2 days,it never show the different.....only a little bit pickup and a little bit expensive about the fuel....
then,3 days after that.....i have to go to Pagoh..Muar,Johor......
from my house,shah alam here,i fueld my car rm 20...then i go to putrajaya...working here......so,my fuel meter level at the lowest line before red.....1 takuk la.....
then,i didnt topup my fuel coz i decide...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience