Need some info on fitting a Rotary into Datsun

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
hey guys & master's of rotary engines...
Just wanna know like if its all right or i should not try it at all....
I'm planning on putting a 13b into a datsun 510 SSS (year of make 1971)

what do you guys think of the idea...
will there be loads of wiring or any other problems for this transplant..

If i'm not mistaken 13b is running at 6k above now at halfcut shops...
Will i have probloems in the future after its done...Is it a wise choice or should i just go ahead with my other choice which is a CA18dett...
If i'm not mistaken a std Ca18dett has like 170hp whereas a std 13b has 200hp on...I plan on making the most hp..thats why i was thinking about rotary...I'm a not really educated well i rotary engines...

I have noticed that one member did a transplant for his Te71 with a rotary...

well apart from that..How would jpj act with the mix of make,in my case datsun(now nissan) using a mazda engine..when i want to register it..

Also how do you guys rate a rotary for daily driving?

I'm not sure i have missed out on anything..If i have more question's i'll ask...
Ohh yeah just a crazy question...do you think the dash board would fit on the datsun 510..I know must cut here and there and adjust...But what are the chances...

Hope y'all can help me out here...Thanks.....

alex_77

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
insane_ian said:
hey guys & master's of rotary engines...
Just wanna know like if its all right or i should not try it at all....
I'm planning on putting a 13b into a datsun 510 SSS (year of make 1971)

what do you guys think of the idea...
will there be loads of wiring or any other problems for this transplant..

If i'm not mistaken 13b is running at 6k above now at halfcut shops...
Will i have probloems in the future after its done...Is it a wise choice or should i just go ahead with my other choice which is a CA18dett...
If i'm not mistaken a std Ca18dett has like 170hp whereas a std 13b has 200hp on...I plan on making the most hp..thats why i was thinking about rotary...I'm a not really educated well i rotary engines...

I have noticed that one member did a transplant for his Te71 with a rotary...

well apart from that..How would jpj act with the mix of make,in my case datsun(now nissan) using a mazda engine..when i want to register it..

Also how do you guys rate a rotary for daily driving?

I'm not sure i have missed out on anything..If i have more question's i'll ask...
Ohh yeah just a crazy question...do you think the dash board would fit on the datsun 510..I know must cut here and there and adjust...But what are the chances...

Hope y'all can help me out here...Thanks.....
i think is not problum to transplate 13b in to ur datsun,because alreadly have ppl transplate into toyota KE70 n i also had see 1 mazda 929 with rotery engine..what i know is need to custom make ur engine mouting n gearbox mouting..if u say the halfcut is about 6k,then this is fd halfcut,,,,that is not 200 hp,that have 3 type...255 hp,,265 hp,,n 280 hp..

JPJ there is not the problum,,u need to have the letter from technical department in JPJ putera jaya..after u get the letter then go to puspakom to inspection ur car to get the B2 report n go back to JPJ to do the register for changing engine....but the letter come out from the technical department maybe will writedown there(tidak boleh tukar hak milik)..

Last edited:

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Thanks alex_77...for that info...
i understand all accept..

The 3 diffrent hp for the 13b(fd) ones....
will read more and find out...and the other one is
the tidak boleh tukar hak milik...meaning after the transplant is done...
and ever in the future i wanna sell the car to someone else..i can't do so...is that what you mean..??

I doubled check on the halfcut just this and its now 7k plus...and yup its the fd ones..

But overall what do you think of the transplant...is it a good idea(apart from r.tax cheaper) should i opt for the CA18dett or go with the 13b....what would be the best choice..Majority of of my friends and mecs say go for the CA18dett...whereas i'm kinda itchy to try rotary out....A few of my friends in states have got rotary in their 510's...

i guess my next step is to find someone(mecs) who is good in doing the transplant...
My mechs are more in nissan&toyota's...

Well i did kinda get the measurements for the dashboard of a rx7 and i doubt it can fit into a datto 510...But will try to fit it in...Thats the last thing...

Again thanks alex_77.....

alex_77

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
insane_ian said:
The 3 diffrent hp for the 13b(fd) ones....
will read more and find out...and the other one is
the tidak boleh tukar hak milik...meaning after the transplant is done...
and ever in the future i wanna sell the car to someone else..i can't do so...is that what you mean..??

yes that what i mean...but if u know some ppl there,then u can try give some $$ ,u know lah $$ can do many many thing...if u ask me CA18 or RE,i sure choice RE...rotery for life..

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
hahaha i did think of that answer when i was asking you a to choose between the CA18dett & rotary...I had a picture with u saying rotary for life...

Well yeah...will do my r&d on this....i'm happy with the ca18dett but very itchy to try out the 13b....Will learn more about the engine 1st.....
thanks for the help....

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
Hi Alex_77
I suppose you are referring to Monkey Tan with his Pink KE 70 running the 1.1 RE.
That car really rocks and it received recognition even by the Drift King himself and D1 Head when they saw it the last round. Heck its even appearing in the next Video Opt. Can the engine be fitted? Sure it can. Even a RB20DET (6 cly) can be fitted nicely wat more the RE. Id say go all out for it. If your more on a budget get a FC clip like I did. It costed me about RM 4.5K but its got everything I want. Or a std FC clip would fetch about RM 3-4K now as opposed to RM5-6K for the FD clips.
If you're looking for a mech to do it, I can recommend my mech in Sri Petaling as he did a very good job for my car.

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
SideWaysGrey said:
Hi Alex_77
I suppose you are referring to Monkey Tan with his Pink KE 70 running the 1.1 RE.
That car really rocks and it received recognition even by the Drift King himself and D1 Head when they saw it the last round. Heck its even appearing in the next Video Opt. Can the engine be fitted? Sure it can. Even a RB20DET (6 cly) can be fitted nicely wat more the RE. Id say go all out for it. If your more on a budget get a FC clip like I did. It costed me about RM 4.5K but its got everything I want. Or a std FC clip would fetch about RM 3-4K now as opposed to RM5-6K for the FD clips.
If you're looking for a mech to do it, I can recommend my mech in Sri Petaling as he did a very good job for my car.
Hey man thanks for the words...will look around and learn about it...(the clips)

A few issues came in my project now....1st thing is i cant get a good datsun 510 SSS.....if you or anybody have one or know where, pls do inform...

Yeah when i get all the parts and if my mech cant do it..i'll get in touch with you...
I know finding you is easy...seen u in dcm..
anyways that pink ke70 right...is it in subang the usj 8 behind area?
i think i've seen it..
my ears were right its a rotary in there..

SWG,....i was following ur project on ur car keep it up man..
all the best of luck...

One question...how much does ur mech charge for the whole swapping of engine....??

again thanks for the info...

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
Ian,
Finding the car is not so much a problem compared to getting the right RE for your needs. Just keep your eye out in DCM as these sort of cars are often posted.
Yeah, that KE70 has started getting more people interested in the RE now. USJ 8 has seen alot of him taking corners. hehe
In terms of price for transpant, its better you speak to the mech straight as I was quoted a 'friend-friend' price so it was cheaper. He charged me a std fee but I dont think he will quot the same after he worked on mine as it took a whole 4 months to complete it alone! But he sure is very innovative and positive even when dealing with something entirely new.
My car will be coming home next week before it goes in again for body strenghteneing.

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
SWG,thanks for more info...
well for me is getting a really good car like body works...i know can do..
but most the 510's really bad shape...

Yeah been looking around for 13b parts.when i'm free...
would love to meet your mech..like to tell in person what a great job there...
as for the price..can talk things over...
4mths...man i dont mind 6mths as long as it comes out awesome and good...
I dont care if its going 2 take 2yrs SWG...its a real beauty with what i have in mind for it...

talking about the pink ke70...i saw it at mike's place that day doing some body work i guess...
yeah that car is a killer...but jpj on that car i doubt legal...as its a toyota with a mazda engine...

Will still continue my look....
as for now i have a datsun 140y coupe 2door waiting for me...just waiting for the time...if all fails on the 510 with 13b...this will be my next plan....the 140y comes ready with a ca18dett...
thanks for the info...
take care Ian

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
hmm checking it out...
not bad.....but the 510 is my main pride if i can get to do it up as loads of people doing up these cars..

Actually its not a 120y its 140y...but not much diff lar cos chasis the same only diff 2 door coupe...

Still looking...but the sad part is i'm working my ass of at nite in cyberjaya right up till 6am everyday...and during the day tired sleeping...

But trust me you shouyld try going sideways in c.jaya...roads empty and wide plus when it rains nice man....

I know one of the dcm guys named doink said that pmc has one for sale...
kinda want to check it out...just a itch..
now gotta find out whats pmc...I'm guessing its a website....

I'm kinda keen to see that cedric there..
cos last year almost got a 82 cedric....with rb20 stock..but had 2 let go....
Nice old vip car..

anyways back to topic... will post up what i find...

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
Ian,
wats the update man? found your car yet?
Ive got another fren whoz doing up his 140Y as well, but using the 4AGE instead.

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
SideWaysGrey said:
Ian,
wats the update man? found your car yet?
Ive got another fren whoz doing up his 140Y as well, but using the 4AGE instead.
Its stuck man....not the car but me..
I'm stuck in the office for the past 2weeks...I only see my home like 3hrs each day and back to work...

Hopefully when i get a day off it will pay off well....

I saw one of the top sellers maravana....he's in dcm and zth...the guy who always fits in ca18detts & sr20's
He has a fiat 131 coupe for sale...nice buy...which had the cash to take out for that...then later get a 13b in it...

Dont worry will update if i have any new news...

As for now gotta make my money 1st...

no money no car bro...

How's ur project coming up..will go over to your thread to read updates after this..

Take care...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

don't know how to use the search function, so I started a new thread.

From what I heard, it seems people rarely uprate or upgrade their brakes. Is that true? When would you do your brakes, if at all?

Anyways, onto the topic. Anyone of you had done any mod for brake air vent? making a duct or funnel to direct cooling air to the brakes. Do you think it's neccassry for your driving?

And what brakes and/or brake components you use. I have a set Wilwood Dynalite, I think. Massive 4 pots.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience