Need some advice on E60

cyclonez

Jun 9, 2008
Hi everyone out there, i just bought a used 5 series e60 year 2006/09 with push start engine for RM 218k is the price ok?

oh to be exact it's a car from auto bavaria..

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
E60 is a beautiful car. Congrats. Let's see, RM 218K is about US 60K. It is better be an M5 model :) Enjoy the car, as they said BMW is an ultimate driving machine.

Aloe Vera Cat

May 10, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Members,

I just purchased five year old E60, 520d with a mileage of 100,000km. :love: I would like to seek advise on preventive maintenance. My questions are as below:

1) Breakdown - What are the Top 10 breakdown causes for this model?

2) EWP - Which are reliable EWP Workshops for this model in Klang Valley and Kuantan?

3) BMW Official Service - From my research at the old club website, Wearnes and Quill have good reputation as Official Service Dealers. Do their good reputations still stand and are there any others that are equal or better?

Cheers and much appreciated! :adore:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Dear Members,

I just purchased five year old E60, 520d with a mileage of 100,000km. :love: I would like to seek advise on preventive maintenance. My questions are as below:

1) Breakdown - What are the Top 10 breakdown causes for this model?

2) EWP - Which are reliable EWP Workshops for this model in Klang Valley and Kuantan?

3) BMW Official Service - From my research at the old club website, Wearnes and Quill have good reputation as Official Service Dealers. Do their good reputations still stand and are there any others that are equal or better?

Cheers and much appreciated! :adore:
Someone else may be able to suggest some good BMW service shop in MY since I am not in MY. Dealership is good but expensive.

I have own quite a few BMW over the years, one thing on all BMWs or Euro car is rubber seals. I think there are too much synthetic mixture that cause the rubber to fail or harder pre-maturely. Usually after a few year, oil leaks is pretty common. Some minor but some is very severe. My current E60 has severe oil leaks from the alternator bracket (very common) on BMW V8 engine. Valve cover, front engine cover leaks are also common. Other than that, sensor issues found sometimes. Windows regulator (All Euro, BMW, Mercedes, even Porsche). Above all that, BMW are really fun car to drive. It is all around, sport & luxury car. Enjoy your BMW :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
my engine needs to be over hauled and since i'm going to, I was thinking of increasing the c.c to 2.4. The usual way is to stroke up. Buy a 4G64, use the block and crank, change the pistons. However, to use a 4G64 block, I'll have to send for JPJ approval right? Any problems there? A friend of mine who drives an E3 says that it's not nessesary to change block, in fact it's better to just use the crank and get custom forged pistons that are shorter. Is it really possible to do that &...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience