Some help to find 850R rims

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
Hello good people of ZTH,

I would very much appreciate any help you can offer to help me find the 850R rims.
I tried looking high and low for it but still nothing found as of yet.

Appreciate all the help you can give.

Cheers!

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
To clarify

Sorry for not being too clear, what I am looking for are Volvo 850 R original rims.

Can anyone give some pointers?

Most appreciated.

Regards to all.

gtmaniac

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Putrajaya
i'm not mistaken, those Volvo 850R OE rims was manufactured by speedline..

Real hard to come by here..

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
gtmaniac said:
i'm not mistaken, those Volvo 850R OE rims was manufactured by speedline..

Real hard to come by here..
Any chance I can find it then? Have you seen them being sold anywhere?

Thanks

volvo740modified

Known Member
May 17, 2006
vyndicator, hi I hv been with Volvo for a while , the rim you looking for is call "Titan" is for 850 T5 and also 850 R. It is very difficult to find the original one but Taiwanese do made them. They even had the letter "R" on it, brand new cost about Rm1000 ++ if my memory correct. I will check my contact if there is one. What Volvo you driving now ??

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
volvo740modified said:
vyndicator, hi I hv been with Volvo for a while , the rim you looking for is call "Titan" is for 850 T5 and also 850 R. It is very difficult to find the original one but Taiwanese do made them. They even had the letter "R" on it, brand new cost about Rm1000 ++ if my memory correct. I will check my contact if there is one. What Volvo you driving now ??
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, was tied down with work. That cost, brand new for the Taiwan versions and not the Titan ones right?
But do the Taiwan replicas look bad? Or identical to the Titan? Is there any place which I can go to view/purchase them?

Thanks for your help!

volvo740modified

Known Member
May 17, 2006
Almost , not so original. If you ask a hardcore Volvo fan to look, they will know to differentiate it. But than is a cheaper alternative for a Titan. I ma not sure the shop in Klang still has it but I can take a few photo for you when I visit the shop to get myself new set of tyre for my mini.

T5 is one held of a car....errrr..no is actually a wagon, super speed wagon. If I can effort it, I would go for a T5 but I would maintain the std 16" rim of T5. Let see one fortunate day I hit the jackpot !!! hehehehehe

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
Thanks a bunch for your help!

Will look forward to your reply on those lovely rims.Hopefully they are still available, will look forward to the pictures as well.

Yeah, the T5, very sweet indeed :)

gtmaniac

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Putrajaya
volvo740modified said:
Almost , not so original. If you ask a hardcore Volvo fan to look, they will know to differentiate it. But than is a cheaper alternative for a Titan. I ma not sure the shop in Klang still has it but I can take a few photo for you when I visit the shop to get myself new set of tyre for my mini.

T5 is one held of a car....errrr..no is actually a wagon, super speed wagon. If I can effort it, I would go for a T5 but I would maintain the std 16" rim of T5. Let see one fortunate day I hit the jackpot !!! hehehehehe
Well.. T5 actually available in sedan too. T5 stands for the engine (5-cyl, turbo), not the bodystyle....

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
but the revolution started with the 850 T5....so i guess usually the pioneering batch gets the recognition...

so thats what he probably meant...but its good to get the facts correct...

yes, the 850 T5 was a helluva car....but then again, so was the maintenance... my dad used to own one when it first came out... parts were expensive and difficult to come by...Even Volvo Malaysia - Federal Auto then did not stock much of this car's parts... so it had to be flown in from ...guess where?? SWEDEN ....damn...high costs made this beaut high maintenance. so altho its cheap to buy them now as they have depreciated in ten-folds, it is still costly to maintain them...especially the rear portion (where potong kereta pplz hardly bring in the back parts)

but thumbs up to this luvly piece of machinery..we used to eat up vtecs and all those who thought they stood a chance with this monster at traffic light launches...

btw...if i m not mistaken and my memory never failed me, the 850 T5 rims were 17"stock standard"...

vyndicator : hope u find those rims mate...its gorgeous..free bump

Last edited:

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
Thank you for the well wishes tombstone, I really do wish to get them ASAP.

Oh, original stock 850 T5 rims/wheels are actually 205/50/16.

17" should apply to the Titan rims I am looking for :cry_smile:

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
i could have sworn mine were 17....

but nvm...too far back to remember...

volvo740modified

Known Member
May 17, 2006
Hi tombstone, nice to hear your passion for T5. Yes I laso admit the parts are a little higher but I it don't seem to be difficult to find nowadays, I mean new parts. Used parts U still can get it sometime from halfcut shop, even a T5 engine. One day I may go into T5......one day....

vyndicator, good luck on your rim hunt.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi en Sirazul and team,

Currently my car have these items, 4g93p, oversize pistone, half race cams (272/288 ??), std t.body with std. intake manifold, 4-2-1 xtractor with 2.2 inch straight piping (no muffler), std crank with balanced internals, adj. pulleys, lightweight crank pulley, lightweight flywheel, SAFC 2, Mivec ratios.

So the problem went like this, my car develop strong power at 3500-6500rpm only, and after that it was nothing (flat all the way). So i was looking for that high...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience