need help on avanza set-up

jooey147

Known Member
May 9, 2004
Bangi
Visit site
guys im currently driving a 1.3 avanza

mods: Eibach federn springs, rear ultra racing lower anti roll bar, rear improve abs, rims 16', tyre front 195/50, rear 205/55

my problem is the car is getting to bummpy...like to hard...izzit cause of the springs or the rear improve abs.

was thinking of just changing the rear abs only back to stock ones...need suggestions tq. :driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
guys im currently driving a 1.3 avanza

mods: Eibach federn springs, rear ultra racing lower anti roll bar, rear improve abs, rims 16', tyre front 195/50, rear 205/55

my problem is the car is getting to bummpy...like to hard...izzit cause of the springs or the rear improve abs.

was thinking of just changing the rear abs only back to stock ones...need suggestions tq. :driver:
Okay so basically what you have is...

1. Tires which are thicker at the back at than the front.
2. 1 pair 'sport' absoreber, and 1 pair of stock toyota absorbers.

Haha you imagine I ask you to go to basketball one side of your legs is using a Nike AirMax and the other one is bata slippers. You think got problem anot? Hahaha :biggrin:

Try getting stock absorbers all round, OR all improve shocks all round. Never never mix sport suspension parts with stock, like what you experienced they were designed to work as a set, not 50/50 but you get 100% performance :rolleyes:

And wah dude, 1.3 tire sangat besar ya... hows the pickup like with it anyway? :wavey:

jooey147

Known Member
May 9, 2004
Bangi
Visit site
Okay so basically what you have is...

1. Tires which are thicker at the back at than the front.
2. 1 pair 'sport' absoreber, and 1 pair of stock toyota absorbers.

Haha you imagine I ask you to go to basketball one side of your legs is using a Nike AirMax and the other one is bata slippers. You think got problem anot? Hahaha :biggrin:

Try getting stock absorbers all round, OR all improve shocks all round. Never never mix sport suspension parts with stock, like what you experienced they were designed to work as a set, not 50/50 but you get 100% performance :rolleyes:

And wah dude, 1.3 tire sangat besar ya... hows the pickup like with it anyway? :wavey:
tq bro....i think ill change my front tyres to 195/55 and the rear abs to stock, and give it a try first cause i dont want it to get to soft...pick up ok lar...got the car with 16' oz racing when i bought it...never tried with stock rims yet.

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
for avanza the front dont kacau ...

the rear one change to stiff absorber... that will make quite a lot of different...
for spring wise.. i try a few .. but it just aint work well.. I think maybe is because of the design is already like that...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

ahahaha...cant stop laughing.....
but wat u say its true...ahahahahahaha

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
for avanza the front dont kacau ...

the rear one change to stiff absorber... that will make quite a lot of different...
for spring wise.. i try a few .. but it just aint work well.. I think maybe is because of the design is already like that...
Haha dude did you read properly in the first post he put up anot? He has improve sport absorbers at the back already :biggrin:...

I'd say do for all lah, its weird that if you make the rear end stable with less overall travel but the front has still the same stock travel, its gonna be choppy over the highways... I think, you wanna try try lah :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Paint touch ups

anyone know a good place to do paint touch ups and also services for getting rid of 'orange peel' effect on newly painted car?

Oh yea as for more details about the title listed, please refer to the car detailing forum. I accidentally posted it here instead hehe.. pissed off punye pasal.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience