MYVI preview

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
This car is gonna be da bomb. Can already imagine many Avanza bookings being cancelled.

N/A guy

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
u got some very cool pics dude:)

but frankly speaking, the front n rear seat are sucks n the spotrzz rimzz is crap:D

others, very cool n ok:p

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
great pics! for a locally produced car, i like the front and rear end. nicely done with matching bumpers and check out those rear widebody. frankly, i see perodua is doing a good job in upgrading the quality and design of the cars. though i cannot say myvi has great interior, but at least you look back at kancil and kelisa and you'll realise how much they've matured. hopefully this car shies away from petty QC problems like windows and glovebox problem.

one complain though, the rims suck big time. imagine if the buyer smacks in a nice 15"/16" rims coupled with the widebody and the car is black in color. guarantee to make heads turn. i personally think this car will be a cult in few years time. as it is now, kenari and kelisa have a large K-CAR followers.

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
walaaa wehhh.. de console/ cd player.. like small kid stuff oni.. those buttons so big!!n letters so BIG!

K-Kid

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Earth
Wahaha, the airbag there got one note written 'please don't punch'
typical malaysian...:D

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Seem i am bit late to share this information :D

malice

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
www.keiconcept.net
i love the meter cluster!!!!! and also the side mirror signal!!!
and not to forget....................THANK YOU FOR SHARING THOSE PICS!!

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
lawrence q, did you go fo r the launch? i was also there. got pics but promise 2 pero2 ppl not to show it b4 25th... but somebody else has shown it so enjoy it guys...

got 2 say that the car's quality is superb for a small car. dare i say it as same as toyota build quality .

Last edited:

mizerZ

2,000 RPM
Sep 14, 2004
subang
www.pro-hatch.net
looks good.....but duno how the performance will be...anyone test drive it at the launch??

suga_gurl

May 16, 2005
KL
"First of all, P2 would liek to stress that they have 80 engineers and designers involved in designing the Daihatsu Boon and the Toyota Passo. So it is safe to say that the three cars are a joint-colloboration between these 3 companies. The local input on the cars are actually the exterior, as in the design of the body panels. But while the Daihatsu Boon and the Toyota Passo were launched in the middle of last year, P2 needed more time to train and find the best vendors to supply the parts. The MYvi has 80% of local content.

The first car I drove was the Myvi 1.3 SXi auto. This is the top of the line, RM51,300 car with ABS and dual airbags. The meterpanel is electro-luminance, like the one in Altis.

Interior is very up-to-date with a clever mix of Toyota plastic (upper oprtion of the dashboard) and the cheaper Perodua plastic (the lower half).

It is very roomy, though I think it is slightly smaller than the Jazz or the new Swift. But it is on par with the Aveo and Getz. It is definitely bigger than the Picanto (pi kentut).

Engine is the same Kembara-sourced DVVT 1.3, but with better gear ratios of course. So throttle response is quite good (not as peppy as the 3-cylinder Kelisa, but more refined and very quiet). Wind noise is comparable to the Japanese sedans and it is no longer as noisy as the Kenari or Kelisa.

The rear seats are very clever. You can fold it flat, or pull the bottom part and have an extended platform. It still can't do like what the Jazz can though, but still it is very impressive.

The boot is as big as the Getz, so you can put in a golf bag inside with no problem.

I drove it around the Sepang track (half the track, bugger). I should say that it handles very well for a car this size. It corners better than the Jazz and it soaks up the rumble strips and apex points very well. The front might feel light but the rear is so predictable. You can feel the tail going out if you are a bit too fast but take off the throttle and it goes back in. If you want some fun, floor it around the corners, left foot brake and the tail will swing out too in a very aggressive manner. Swerve it to the left quickly; pull the handbrakes and you get four-wheel slides.

It shows that the car is very well built, has a good chassis and a jolly good suspension.

The 1.3 manual has the same attitude, but of course you can make the front tyre chirp a bit even in second gear. Unfortunately they retain the same rubbery feel in P2 manual gearbox. With a long gear stalk, precise is not the word you will use to describe its feel.

The 1.0 manual is using the Kenari/Kelisa powerplant, BUT with DVVT. Since the car is a lot heavier, you can't feel the acceleration that much but I think the engine is still able to drive the car well. As the NVH level is a lot better, the 3-cylinder engine rattle and shake is not really that evident.

I have pix, but I have to respect the embargo until 25th. They are launching the car on that date and to date, they have 6k of orders.

Do I like the car? YES! Proton will have to start sweating because P2 has announced that they will never come out with their platform or engine, as they will rely on their partner (toyota) for that technical input. They will however design the body panels, which is good enough for me. Why bother having your own engine when your partner is the mighty Toyota?

Kenari and Kelisa will still be sold, but I am sure their sales will drop like beruang from a tree. Even Hyundai Getz and Chevrolet aveo also might feel the pangs because in terms of drivability, this Myvi is a LOT better."

suga_gurl

May 16, 2005
KL
alexz said:
Nicely put words there ^^

BTW which one is you at that day??
Aiks...that's not me la. Think i am so lucky to test drive it meh? :p

It's some journalists' review i copy paste from somewhere...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am confused with this spec frm mivec. Has no clock and aircond as the dash comes with std analogue aircond. Based from what i read its rally spec. How much is this engine in halfcut. What are the problems that we face having this engine transplanted.
:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience