Myvi ABS problem

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi all,

So sad that my ride currently having ABS problem. There are 2 situations the ABS indicator light on.

1. When the engine is cold, the ABS indicator light is on while the ECU is checking on the sensor and it went off. After 10min cruising, the indicator light on again and never go off.

2. The ABS indicator light is remaining on after i start my car where i just off it few minutes (go down and buy stuff and off my car).

I've unplug my battery -ve terminal to reset the ECU (more than 30mins) and hope that this problem resolve but unfortunately it still remains.

Anyone face this issue before? Is it ABS sensor problem or Reluctor bend or ABS hub (got this?) problem?

My ride details:

1. Myvi 2009 batch
2. installed myvi 1.5 brake kit (caliper and rotor), clocked more than 40k mileage.
3. IMP platinum brake pads, clocked more than 30k mileage.

I need advise.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The socket is loose. Check it at the master cylinder there. Loose or soaked in brake fluid because of leakage might cause this. So you need to use contact cleaner or something to clean the connection.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If the fluid level is well and all connection are in good shape u can try cleaning the abs sensor on each corner.
Its a long shot but cheaper than replacing the module.
If its still lights up after cleaning then chances are the sensor is faulty.
Still, best to send it to a shop with diagnostic tool.

On my Waja if it lit up and i know my sensor are clean and the module is good, its a sign of weak battery.
I know the ABS light will be followed by the gearbox light short after.
It only happen when stuck in jam or at low speed.
Additional grounding seems to help in some case.
Pull once cable straight to the ABS ground point, i did just that.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
If the fluid level is well and all connection are in good shape u can try cleaning the abs sensor on each corner.
Its a long shot but cheaper than replacing the module.
If its still lights up after cleaning then chances are the sensor is faulty.
Still, best to send it to a shop with diagnostic tool.

On my Waja if it lit up and i know my sensor are clean and the module is good, its a sign of weak battery.
I know the ABS light will be followed by the gearbox light short after.
It only happen when stuck in jam or at low speed.
Additional grounding seems to help in some case.
Pull once cable straight to the ABS ground point, i did just that.
OK bro gun. Will check first on the fluid level and the sensors before paying big money for the module. Thank for the info.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi all, a latest update on this issue. The problem has been resolved and the root cause is a loosen ABS sensor -.-". Got it attached back and clear the error code in the ECU. Tested and ABS is working fine :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im using Mits Lancer model A172 with engine 4G12 (1.4 SOHC Carb)

It'z posible to mod my original engine with any force induction? i mean bold on turbo, supercharger, eturbo or other type of Force Induction?

can discribe how to mod, which part of my engine need to be change or improve, how much it cost and wich workshop can do it?

Okey... Thanks... :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience