Please ask your thought for trustable workshop for myVi

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hello All - Good day to you,

My myvi was trapped in the flood, and the water came into inside. I did tow to perodua workshop, and the help to dry it.
What it's been done are - drain the petrol, change oil: ATF, Engine, etc.

After I collected the car, and there is an issue that indicator AT in dashboard light on. This AT is Automatic Transmission. The impact is everytime, the gear move to higher gear, it will choke.

The perodua mechanic says that I need to change the wire in the gearbox, but they also didn't guarantee that it will fix the issue due they still can't pinpoint the issue yet. If it cannot fix yet, they asked me to change ECU.

I am thinking to have 2nd opinion from other workshop. I stay around Bandar Sri Permaisuri, do you have any trustable workshop that I can go into?

Nb: I can still drive the car, but must be extra carefully. Hence, I am still able to drive it around KL.
And my myvi is the latest model.

Kindly please ask your feedback, and appreciate it much,

Thanks,

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I cant direct u to a workshop but i have some suggestion.

whichever shop u go,dont simply agree to change this and that before agreeing that if it does not fix the problem u wont be charge for the part.
its hard to find mech that willing to offer this.only few willing to do it.

flooded car will take ages to fix but not impossible.
how deep is the water?

I am thinking its either;
-ecu/tcu.guessing your tcu is within the ecu.
-wet wiring harness.

By choking u mean the engine is about to die right?
If the wiring and connector are dried properly then its the ecu.
if u mean the gb jerk then its also the ecu or the gb wiring or the atf is mixed with water.note that when u change the atf there are still a lot atf left withing the torque converter.

cheaper thing is wet connector which takes time to dry by itself and some just dont dry by itself.i experience this first hand when i drive through deep water.the engine jerk at 80kmh but no warning light on.i know its just a wet connector somewhere and just keep driving for a few days till its gone.this happen on a waja.

jackisblack

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
kuala lumpur
adf.ly
dizamaju/hyunkia wokshop can give you a good services.nearby satay station,RHB permaisuri.very thrusworthy person.The owner is a honest man.i just overhaul my toyota seg.goog price and reflect it workmanship.

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I cant direct u to a workshop but i have some suggestion.

whichever shop u go,dont simply agree to change this and that before agreeing that if it does not fix the problem u wont be charge for the part.
its hard to find mech that willing to offer this.only few willing to do it.

flooded car will take ages to fix but not impossible.
how deep is the water?

I am thinking its either;
-ecu/tcu.guessing your tcu is within the ecu.
-wet wiring harness.

By choking u mean the engine is about to die right?
If the wiring and connector are dried properly then its the ecu.
if u mean the gb jerk then its also the ecu or the gb wiring or the atf is mixed with water.note that when u change the atf there are still a lot atf left withing the torque converter.

cheaper thing is wet connector which takes time to dry by itself and some just dont dry by itself.i experience this first hand when i drive through deep water.the engine jerk at 80kmh but no warning light on.i know its just a wet connector somewhere and just keep driving for a few days till its gone.this happen on a waja.
Hello Gunnerszz -

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I have put the car already in perodua workshop for almost a month, the reason is the wire is no stock, hence, I need to wait. I collected the car already, and the wire hasn't got replaced yet due it is still no stock. I found weird, I drove the car from the workshop to my house, and the distance is more or less 10 km. The AT light didn't turn on, and no choking.
I thought, the issue was just the wire wasn't dry properly, and after almost 1 month, it's dry already.
I drove again down to bukit bintang from my home, which is the distance more or less is 14 km. Sadly when I nearly bukit bintang, the AT light turn on again, and it started choking again when the gear is moving.

After finishing my errand, I go back home, and the AT light didn't turn on until arriving home. It also didn't choke.

Do you have any idea what the issue is? Do you think that it because the wire isn't still dry properly, and it just need to wait until the wire get dry properly?
Or it is confirmed that the issue is in wire, and it need to get replaced?

Kindly please ask your thoughts, and appreciate it much

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

dizamaju/hyunkia wokshop can give you a good services.nearby satay station,RHB permaisuri.very thrusworthy person.The owner is a honest man.i just overhaul my toyota seg.goog price and reflect it workmanship.
I think, I known where the place is. Sure, let me survey on that.
What was the issue that you have with your Toyota? Was it fixed? And may I know roughly it cost you?

Kindly please ask your thought,

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
One shop I would recommend is KIP car care in Kepong. Run by Mitch Chong, one pretty active GRA-er. Quite friendly staff.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I guess the problem is not major and can be traced with time.
either the atf is still mised with water or a connector is wet.

My waja was cured quicker as when it happen i had to travel 30km to work everyday and i cruise at 90kmh.guess the prolong exposure to heat hepls dry whatever it is thats wet quicker.

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
One shop I would recommend is KIP car care in Kepong. Run by Mitch Chong, one pretty active GRA-er. Quite friendly staff.
Thanks a lot Izso. I'll have a look on this if P2 cannot solve the issue. The reason is they also cannot guarantee the Gearbox wire replacement will solve the issue or not.

:mad:

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I guess the problem is not major and can be traced with time.
either the atf is still mised with water or a connector is wet.

My waja was cured quicker as when it happen i had to travel 30km to work everyday and i cruise at 90kmh.guess the prolong exposure to heat hepls dry whatever it is thats wet quicker.
Did you drive with the condition that the car was jerking?
Won't it damage the ECU?

Worth to try ;)

Btw, after that issue, do you still have another issue subsequently especially after water came inside ?

Thanks,

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
In my case,i drive through deep water.
my tire size is 205/55/16 and water is above the center oh the rim so u can imagine how high the water gets.
the engibe bay is almost submerged as the belting send water splashing all over.

water does not flood my cabin.only minimal carpet wet.
my ecu is located in the engine bay and it was a bit wet.
that was not my major concern as i know my ecu is sealed inside a silicone type substance.thus its water tight.only problem is the connector.
my two main concern is the ecu connector and the gb modular connector.

since i am quite familiar with my car i know that the jerking is not an evu fault or wet ecu connector.its probably just some wet connector involving the plugs coil or the gb modular connector.

other issue?
The incident was about 1 1/2 year ago.no problem so far except that my car is older by 1 1/2 year..hahah.

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
In my case,i drive through deep water.
my tire size is 205/55/16 and water is above the center oh the rim so u can imagine how high the water gets.
the engibe bay is almost submerged as the belting send water splashing all over.

water does not flood my cabin.only minimal carpet wet.
my ecu is located in the engine bay and it was a bit wet.
that was not my major concern as i know my ecu is sealed inside a silicone type substance.thus its water tight.only problem is the connector.
my two main concern is the ecu connector and the gb modular connector.

since i am quite familiar with my car i know that the jerking is not an evu fault or wet ecu connector.its probably just some wet connector involving the plugs coil or the gb modular connector.

other issue?
The incident was about 1 1/2 year ago.no problem so far except that my car is older by 1 1/2 year..hahah.
Thanks a lot Gunnerzz - Ok, the reason I asked that, due many people say that if your car get water came in to Cabin, hence, it will have many issues after that. Hence, I am thinking what the next issue will be typically. Touch wood, I wish this one is the last issue caused by this.

Many thanks for your thoughts, it is very helpful.

Cheers,

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Forgot to mention one very critical thing.
i believe your car is equipped with airbag right?
Please make sure the carpet and area around the dashboard esp the front area are properly dry.
reason is u dont want the airbag to deploy without any warning.
Owners manual have this warning written in it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wondering if there any car owners install any of the products from ultra racing (chasis tuning)??any differences or improvements of handling?? i just only install front strut bar 4 point and rear anti roll bar on my 03 kancil..havent't test and see the diff yet..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience