Mystery whining noise from front

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
last time i have d same problem too..ask mechanic to check, he said drive-shaft but i'm not satisfied. go ask another second opinion at oth workshop. it's actually just my disc brake whooping. grind it back then the problem is gone. not sure bout ur case but hope dis can help.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
last time i have d same problem too..ask mechanic to check, he said drive-shaft but i'm not satisfied. go ask another second opinion at oth workshop. it's actually just my disc brake whooping. grind it back then the problem is gone. not sure bout ur case but hope dis can help.
Some mechanics just try luck only.....

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
That mechanic is very nice, he can earn more by just changing both rotors but he didn't:biggrin:
Nowadays mechanic seldom send our hardware to skim or grind at machine workshop, they usually suggest us to change it to earn more and save their times..

Some mechanics just try luck only.....
Agreed:itsme:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That mechanic is very nice, he can earn more by just changing both rotors but he didn't:biggrin:
Nowadays mechanic seldom send our hardware to skim or grind at machine workshop, they usually suggest us to change it to earn more and save their times..

Agreed:itsme:
But nowadays can get cheap replacement also....:biggrin:

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But nowadays can get cheap replacement also....:biggrin:
Haha yeah, but not sure about the quality :hmmmm:

Sorry for out topic abit, recently asked price of skim flywheel, mechanic's workshop price 250 :mad:
Last time alot rm80 job done, but hard to find around my area now :bawling:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha yeah, but not sure about the quality :hmmmm:

Sorry for out topic abit, recently asked price of skim flywheel, mechanic's workshop price 250 :mad:
Last time alot rm80 job done, but hard to find around my area now :bawling:
Flywheel must remove and send to machine shop....Disc brake rotor they can do on the spot...

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Flywheel must remove and send to machine shop....Disc brake rotor they can do on the spot...
How they fix the rotor? Asked my mechanic, he said also sent it to machine shop..

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Back to the topic.. after few days of testing, the whinning noise never appear after the meter cable took out from gearbox, this is funny :bawling:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How they fix the rotor? Asked my mechanic, he said also sent it to machine shop..

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Back to the topic.. after few days of testing, the whinning noise never appear after the meter cable took out from gearbox, this is funny :bawling:
They bring the machine to skim on the spot. If FWD they use engine to turn the rotor. If non drive wheel the remove and attached to their motor/machine.

Probably cable problem then. The sound could come from the cable turning inside....

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
They bring the machine to skim on the spot. If FWD they use engine to turn the rotor. If non drive wheel the remove and attached to their motor/machine.

Probably cable problem then. The sound could come from the cable turning inside....
Is that connector for the cable at the gearbox need to reoil T_T i though only KNN filter need to reoil :biggrin:

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb

my place is small town only ma..stil can find old & helpful workshop even u are nt a regular costumer. :cheers: