My Civic Ek...titaned (first Impressions)

deathbringer

Feb 20, 2005
Just sent in my Civic today. Richard said it would take a couple of days. So no car for the next few days. *sob* We will see how the final outcome would be like. Richard did explain some stuff to me the day b4, though most were techno-babble to me. :)
Anyways, I will update once it's done.

Btw, Stanley...u seem to be a very busy man. Always not in the office. :)

deathbringer

Feb 20, 2005
ahh....no wonder.

thought he would lazing around at home in his pajamas, surfing ZTH. :)

sub

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ, Selangor
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Apr 13 2005, 22:17
hey! mengumpat me!

*scratches armpit thru pajamas*

hahaha
no la, me studying in LimKokWing now, so part-timing for TiTAN la.
hyper la u...
can feel about someone talking bout u in ur psychic pajamas? :lol:

deathbringer

Feb 20, 2005
UPDATE...here's the verdict.

Just got my car back today. Surprised it was ready that fast. Richard said that he was looking for an anti-roll bar for my rear. (Stanley, pls do remind him to contact me when he does find one) :)

Anyways, the first test for my titans came almost straight away. On the way out from the shop, I ran into a F&*^%*g big pothole (dun ask me why i didn't see it. it was filled with water). My first thought was "there goes my titans and RM2800". Fortunately i was driving extremely slow (25km/h i think). So hopefully there's nothing wrong with it. (if there is, at least it's under warranty) :)

Along the way, i went through lots of bumps/potholes/those yellow strips, and my titans ate them all. I use the Seremban highway everyday to get back home. So it's a good playground to do some (extremely) high speed testing. Drove back at a constant speed of 180-200 km/h. Car was extremely stable. Cornering was excellent. The ride was solid.

In fact, i think my ride might be too solid. I was literally bouncing when i went through some speed bumps (at low speeds) near my house. Back home, i noticed my first IMPERFECTION. :( The height setup was imbalanced. I thought my vision was screwed, but my car really was literally TILTING slightly to the right. I immediately called Richard, and he said to return tomorrow to rectify this small problem.

So other than the slightly bumpy ride, and the "OMG, IS THE DRIVER THAT FAT??" tilt to the right, it was a good job. Richard said to run in the suspension for a couple of weeks. So hopefully the bumpiness would rectify itself, and maybe i would raise it a little higher.

*Note to self* Must remember to take Richard's Civic for a test-drive.

Cheers

deathbringer

Feb 20, 2005
*Breaking News*

Went to MPD this morning to get the height balanced. It didn't look as bad as it did yesterday. Richard lowered the left rear a little. Said to give it a week or 2 to let the springs settle. It still looks the same to me, so maybe i'll give it a week or so.

Also, i started hearing some weird noises coming from the suspension on my side. It's not really squeaking noises but more like a "rubberish" sound. Maybe it's my chasis making it, or just the springs settling in. Guess i'll find out after a week or 2.

Cheers.

deathbringer

Feb 20, 2005
lol...
not worthy to put it up here...just a plain old Civic. :)

deathbringer

Feb 20, 2005
*UPDATE*

first, the bad news. My titans are finally confirmed to be SQUEAKING, and that's LESS than 2 weeks after installation. :(

Second, and this happened shortly after Richard did the lowering (refer to post #8), the spring did not settle in properly (i.e. it did not become lower). The guy who did the adjustment said that the car has to run just a short distance then the spring will automatically drop to accomodate the lowered height. However, when i got to my office, i noticed that the car was still tilting, like no adjustments were made. I did not bother, until when me and my 2 colleagues went out for lunch...in my car. Shortly after i departed my office, i heard (and felt) what could be described as a very sickening (and heart-breaking) sound. There was a huge cracking sound, and my rear left of my car sank violently, giving my colleague a jolt, and immediately, the familiar sound of a scraping undercarriage for a second or 2. I immediately stopped aside to inspect the damage. Fortunately there were none visible, but i'm not so sure about the titans. I suspect that the springs finally "readjusted" themselves to the height, AFTER I TRAVELLED 20 KM to my office from MDP. :angry: I was lucky i did not lose control of the car. Also, after that incident, the squeaking got much worse than before.

Lastly, the setup is still quite stiff. But i think that could be rectified with some fine-tuning. But i'll only do it after i get my new set of rims end of the week.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Mine squeak and it turns out to be 2 items...

1. Stock rubber absorber mountings - hairline crack (also contributed to height problems)
2. Caliper springs - to secure the brake pads (produced 'clink', 'clink' sound)

I think since Titan is a performance shock absorbers, it tends to be a little harder than stock OEM ones.

As a result, many bushes, mountings n other related components require replacements.

For my case, I threw away all rubber mountings and replaced them with Titan pillowball for front and a custom aluminium plate for the rear. No more spending money on yearly replacements and plus it is serviceable!

Next, I also threw away the both front lower arm rubber bushes and replaced them with SuperPRO as recommended by Stanley. Wow! Superb!

Next on the list? Replace all existing rubber bushes with SuperPRO - soon...

I hate rubbers! :angry:

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
speedking,

please understand that we (titan) cannot foresee everything.
It may be true that your bushes has already worn out?

and even your chassis flexes after some years of use.
heck, my car had that flexing noise too, but i was aware of what noise it was, and i fixed it myself (chassis strengthening)

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
speedking,

please understand that we (titan) cannot foresee everything.
It may be true that your bushes has already worn out?

and even your chassis flexes after some years of use.
heck, my car had that flexing noise too, but i was aware of what noise it was, and i fixed it myself (chassis strengthening)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there.....
just got few questions...
I have just tranplant GSR eng into my satria. The problem is I want to know how to register the engine without my mum knowing it (the car is reg under my mum name). Is it possible for me to just go to the finance and ask for the reg card (geran). I heard it is really hard nowadays to take out ur geran and some more mine is a new one (1 year 3 mth). I heard that we must bring our vehicle to PUSPAKOM and JPJ without the car being heavily mod....
And...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience