• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

atermizi

Known Member
HI all,
some question for you guys

1. Should i go with a'94 MR-2 N/a auto (RM47000 or '93 prelude 2.2 (M) RM 40000

any other suggestion?

How much is the cost for a manual conversion for MR-2?
If convert to turbo how much?

too bad the MR-2 is an auto. you couldnt find a manual option? converting would be quite costly.

93' prelude wif h22a is cool..but depends if u wanna get a t/charged cars or a Naturally Aspirated ones...
for me..if i were to decide these two..i'd go for prelude..cuz its a 4-5 seater..compared wif a mr-2 wif 2 seater..furthermore,its manual wif VTEC..
mr2..i'd get it if i've already got a car...cuz its 2 seater..and auto..powerwise..of cuz the prelude has it all..
converting from auto to manual is costly..if u wanna convert it to turbo, i'd rather get the prelude nad turbocharge it...since its RM7k diff wif the mr2..dump tht 7k into the prelude for turbo..ehhe
if wanna play drift, go for MR2!!
one bad thing bout preludes- ROADTAX! haha
thts just my opinion..hehe..
cheers and hope this helps!
chaoz!

Last edited:
some like the 4WS offered by the prelude.but mostly women for parallel parking. XD

mr2 wins my vote.MR,turbocharged and looks better to me. :_:

go take PRELUDE .. you won't regret! TRUST ME & TRUST US .. HP4G !!!

come join our thread .. HP4G ..

oh .. we are not CAR CLUB like others .. we are FAMILY .. HP4G!!

hehe.. come come

buy PRELUDE!

cheap parts.. cheap .. lots of parts .. lots lots of parts.. no worries .. good FC .. good car .. lots of performance parts .. etc etc ..

* go SEARCH in ZTH forum .. for HP4G

* ROAD TAX = RM551 (1 Year)
* H22A Dohc VTEC (190HP-200HP)
* VTEC powered

* FC .. RM90-100 = 500KM (vtec open 2-3 times or more in1 day)
* lots of parts,h/cuts,auto/manual/performance parts,bla bla bla..

think bout it..

MR2 is no where compared to Prelude BB1-BB4 H22A

HP4G Family we got bout 30 modded preludes .. all are beast n monsters!

* HP4G (Honda Prelude 4TH Generation) (1991-199x) .. BB1-BB4 Series! ONLY!

002.jpg

0113engine.jpg

mr2%20edwin.jpg

Last edited:
design wise i think MR-2 is more sleek, while prelude is more muscular. roadtax would be about the same as FC also.
I'm 24, single, with my first job n plans of getting married soon. I think MR-2 will become a classic design wise becuase the MR-S is kindda ugly.
I've never seen 97-01 preludes in malaysia? do we have it in malaysia?
thnaks for all ur opinion i'll be test driving the prelude today. while i've test drived the MR-2 yesterday.

i have seen the prelude 97 before, the head lamp is restangle shape like the 350z, for my opinion, the prelude 92~96 still the best, i c this type of prelude got someone mod the outerlook like supra, damn cun!!

atermizi said:
design wise i think MR-2 is more sleek, while prelude is more muscular. roadtax would be about the same as FC also.
I'm 24, single, with my first job n plans of getting married soon. I think MR-2 will become a classic design wise becuase the MR-S is kindda ugly.
thnaks for all ur opinion i'll be test driving the prelude today. while i've test drived the MR-2 yesterday.

atermizi said:

* i do AGREE that MR2/MR-S is UGLY

* yes we do have 97-01 Prelude in malaysia. its RARE but its kept as "limited" here .. its called as 5TH Generation PRELUDE which bring the code as BB6
H22A Dohc VTEC (black top) 190-200HP and also BB6 Type-S (red cover like type-R but Type-S) with 220HP.

its kinda pricey.. can fet not more than RM120K market. its rare! but lots of h/cut lying around.

* 5TH Generation Prelude BB6 is the LAST PRODUCTION from Honda.

DSC01900-2.jpg

DSC01902-2.jpg

DSC01919-2.jpg

DSC01928-2.jpg

go for sw20 (mr2) ... straight away get the turbo-charged 225hp.
dun take the trouble to convert engine or manual gearbox .. wasting $$$.

MR2 is a driver's car. It is never meant to be a poser's car as the midship is kinda hard to control because it is tail happy. Some people love this sort of car as it is a fun car to drive. The 3SGTE engine is something that most ppl who love to have and for more info, I suggest you seek advice from the Toyota forum.

The Prelude is a much easier car to control, with it's FF drivetrain, but it doesn't mean that it is a better car. It has 5 seats, but bear in mind that it is still a 2 door coupe. However, there're still advantages of an FF car as it doesn't oversteer as often as a midship. H22a is a great heart to toy with. But why mess with an engine so much? Turbocharging a H22a? Why the hassle? Enjoy the VTEC's roar!

For me, I'd go for an MR2 as it is a much playful car compare to a Prelude. Power is not everything though.

i've owned both and i must say each has its own good/bad side..

space wise.. if there is never a chance that you'll need rear seats or carry luggage than u can consider the mr2 if not its definitely out of the question..

performance wise the lude would definitely smoke the mr2 since your comparing a h22 manual with an auto 3s..

handling wise i prefer the mr2.. midship rwd.. nuff said..

so if it was down to your options of the lude and the mr2.. i'd definitely go for the lude..
but if it was the 3sgte.. than my vote is definitely on the mr2.. :shades_smile:

good luck on your purchase and enjoy..

yaya... prelude looks nicer.....
but if u want something for occasional GRA or drifting, choose mr2...

Bro.... I own a '97 Honda Prelude.... I can understand your dilemma between the 2. I too was having trouble picking both your options. Though I must say, in comparison between MR2 and Prelude... the Lude would give u more milleage compared to the mr2 unles u are talking about a non turbo mr2 lar....
anyway.. it would be easier to compare for u this way:
1) Looks I have to say the MR2 coz the Prelude looks a lil bulky
2)Power MR2 turbo has more power, but if its NA, the prelude would better choice seeing that its engine is one of the most powerful NA engine in the market.
3) Space The Prelude has more space .. since its a 2+2 and the booth is bigger... the MR2 has a small lil booth... with no backseat....
4) After-market parts I am not too sure about this since i dun really chase after parts.. but i do know who u should look for if u are looking for MR2 parts lar.. hehehe....

Overall, Personally... among the 2 that u mentioned.. i would prefer the MR2. Its looks is much sleeker.... but then again.. my opinion is rather biased.. coz i have always loved the MR2... hahahaha.... If u do get the MR2... come join the MR2 club lar... and u can probably meet me there too.. hahaha... the only Honda Prelude in the MR2 club.. hehehehehe....

* note to prelude owners... hehehe... I am still prelude supporter.. hehehe... YAY!!!! hahahaha.... and if u also own a 97 prelude and above.. please contact me... i am looking for all the BB6-BB8 owners.... as far as I know.. there are 8 of u in Malaysia... me being one of them.... :p

By the way... Skywalker... Prelude also can perform at GRA wat... hehehehe.... My Prelude was at the GRA Drive Clinic 1 mar... hehehehe

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom