atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
HI all,
some question for you guys

1. Should i go with a'94 MR-2 N/a auto (RM47000 or '93 prelude 2.2 (M) RM 40000

any other suggestion?

How much is the cost for a manual conversion for MR-2?
If convert to turbo how much?

drew1.0beta

Known Member
May 27, 2006
93' prelude wif h22a is cool..but depends if u wanna get a t/charged cars or a Naturally Aspirated ones...
for me..if i were to decide these two..i'd go for prelude..cuz its a 4-5 seater..compared wif a mr-2 wif 2 seater..furthermore,its manual wif VTEC..
mr2..i'd get it if i've already got a car...cuz its 2 seater..and auto..powerwise..of cuz the prelude has it all..
converting from auto to manual is costly..if u wanna convert it to turbo, i'd rather get the prelude nad turbocharge it...since its RM7k diff wif the mr2..dump tht 7k into the prelude for turbo..ehhe
if wanna play drift, go for MR2!!
one bad thing bout preludes- ROADTAX! haha
thts just my opinion..hehe..
cheers and hope this helps!
chaoz!

Last edited:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
some like the 4WS offered by the prelude.but mostly women for parallel parking. XD

mr2 wins my vote.MR,turbocharged and looks better to me. :_:

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
go take PRELUDE .. you won't regret! TRUST ME & TRUST US .. HP4G !!!

come join our thread .. HP4G ..

oh .. we are not CAR CLUB like others .. we are FAMILY .. HP4G!!

hehe.. come come

buy PRELUDE!

cheap parts.. cheap .. lots of parts .. lots lots of parts.. no worries .. good FC .. good car .. lots of performance parts .. etc etc ..

* go SEARCH in ZTH forum .. for HP4G

* ROAD TAX = RM551 (1 Year)
* H22A Dohc VTEC (190HP-200HP)
* VTEC powered

* FC .. RM90-100 = 500KM (vtec open 2-3 times or more in1 day)
* lots of parts,h/cuts,auto/manual/performance parts,bla bla bla..

think bout it..

MR2 is no where compared to Prelude BB1-BB4 H22A

HP4G Family we got bout 30 modded preludes .. all are beast n monsters!

* HP4G (Honda Prelude 4TH Generation) (1991-199x) .. BB1-BB4 Series! ONLY!

Last edited:

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
design wise i think MR-2 is more sleek, while prelude is more muscular. roadtax would be about the same as FC also.
I'm 24, single, with my first job n plans of getting married soon. I think MR-2 will become a classic design wise becuase the MR-S is kindda ugly.
I've never seen 97-01 preludes in malaysia? do we have it in malaysia?
thnaks for all ur opinion i'll be test driving the prelude today. while i've test drived the MR-2 yesterday.

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
i have seen the prelude 97 before, the head lamp is restangle shape like the 350z, for my opinion, the prelude 92~96 still the best, i c this type of prelude got someone mod the outerlook like supra, damn cun!!

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
atermizi said:
design wise i think MR-2 is more sleek, while prelude is more muscular. roadtax would be about the same as FC also.
I'm 24, single, with my first job n plans of getting married soon. I think MR-2 will become a classic design wise becuase the MR-S is kindda ugly.
thnaks for all ur opinion i'll be test driving the prelude today. while i've test drived the MR-2 yesterday.
atermizi said:
* i do AGREE that MR2/MR-S is UGLY

* yes we do have 97-01 Prelude in malaysia. its RARE but its kept as "limited" here .. its called as 5TH Generation PRELUDE which bring the code as BB6
H22A Dohc VTEC (black top) 190-200HP and also BB6 Type-S (red cover like type-R but Type-S) with 220HP.

its kinda pricey.. can fet not more than RM120K market. its rare! but lots of h/cut lying around.

* 5TH Generation Prelude BB6 is the LAST PRODUCTION from Honda.

d6d2

1,000 RPM
Sep 17, 2005
kl/ipoh
go for sw20 (mr2) ... straight away get the turbo-charged 225hp.
dun take the trouble to convert engine or manual gearbox .. wasting $$$.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
MR2 is a driver's car. It is never meant to be a poser's car as the midship is kinda hard to control because it is tail happy. Some people love this sort of car as it is a fun car to drive. The 3SGTE engine is something that most ppl who love to have and for more info, I suggest you seek advice from the Toyota forum.

The Prelude is a much easier car to control, with it's FF drivetrain, but it doesn't mean that it is a better car. It has 5 seats, but bear in mind that it is still a 2 door coupe. However, there're still advantages of an FF car as it doesn't oversteer as often as a midship. H22a is a great heart to toy with. But why mess with an engine so much? Turbocharging a H22a? Why the hassle? Enjoy the VTEC's roar!

For me, I'd go for an MR2 as it is a much playful car compare to a Prelude. Power is not everything though.

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
i've owned both and i must say each has its own good/bad side..

space wise.. if there is never a chance that you'll need rear seats or carry luggage than u can consider the mr2 if not its definitely out of the question..

performance wise the lude would definitely smoke the mr2 since your comparing a h22 manual with an auto 3s..

handling wise i prefer the mr2.. midship rwd.. nuff said..

so if it was down to your options of the lude and the mr2.. i'd definitely go for the lude..
but if it was the 3sgte.. than my vote is definitely on the mr2.. :shades_smile:

good luck on your purchase and enjoy..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifus here,
i wish to mod my wira aerobac se 1.5 GL to better performance. i have been told tat 4G93 is suit n' izit anything else tat i should mod b4 i locate da engine?

bsides tat, i'll be very glad if all car enthusiasts here can giv me guideline on how to mod my car.
thanks. . . .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience