MIVEC MAP Sensor Replacement

vrozario

Jun 11, 2010
Melaka
Hi guys!

I tried searching through the past topics but haven't come across a convincing question to my enquiry.

As the topic suggests, I have a 4G92 MIVEC in my Wira, and suffering from the common faulty MAP sensor problem. I'm looking for a replacement sensor, which preferably comes with the wiring harness as well. So far, no luck :-(

I've read from previous posts that I'm able to use a Proton Wira 1.5 MAP sensor to replace the MIVEC one. Is this true? Will the wiring be similar or do I have to do some major mods to this? I've come across new MIVEC Map sensors, costing bout RM400.00, but they don't come with the wiring harness.

Any advice on this guys? Urgent help needed as my car's really in the dumps now...

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
y wan find wiring harness??? the wiring harness is come with main harness. buy is seem imposibble. but what wrong with the wiring? if sensor fault, just change the sensor. the wira 1.3&1.5 mitsu efi is same, jz pnp.

vrozario

Jun 11, 2010
Melaka
Artworkz : At first I thought it was the harness problem. Brought the car down to the mechanic today and tested out a few sensors from 1.3 and 1.5 mitsu engines. They were working fine on their respective engines, but when I plugged it into my MIVEC, it still didn't work.

However, I borrowed a friend's MIVEC MAP sensor, plugged it in, and the idling immediately went back to normal. Confusion confusion....

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
the part no. is diffrent. i oni look the 2 type sensor is same but i never notice the part no.

ryousuke

Dec 13, 2007
Hi guys!

suffering from the common faulty MAP sensor problem.
how bout your prob now? settle already? how u know the problem is come from map sensor? what is it symptoms? lets share our xperience :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TEAM ES MALAYSIA 1st ANNIVERSARY OFFICIAL MEGA PHOTO SHOOTOUT

Words by: Daniel, Team ES

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience