mitsubishi 6A10 1.6 V6 engine...

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
its got really really good sound,esp if u were to match it with the right type of muffler...its smooth when on the go as well,cost of running it is kinda high id say....changing the timing belt,or even the spark plugs are not cheap....as for the power,initial take off is a little slow n not really sure about its the top end.

To me personally,its only the sound of this engine produces that attract's me...otherwise, nothing much

motherker

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
god mod laa.....power delivery is damn smooth

n da startin sound u get=priceless

it may be a bit slow on low end, but top speed, u'll go EAT MY DUST S**KRZZ

K3nnYkl82

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
KL
from wat i read (most forum)..

its not a good choice for a wira... the engine is much heavier compare to inline 4 engines.. makes the front part heavier .. easier to go understeer..

yet ,.. no performance part available .. pickup quite weak.. due to its smaller CC but heavy engine.. high end so so only ,.. but engine is quite smooth due to its V6 configurations.. Top speed compare to other L4 .. is weaker also .. but then the engine should be smoother during higher end .. bcoz its a V6.

motherker

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
im usin it.....n so far no problems............n i enquired my mech, he said can use 6A12(perdana)'s TURBO kit........

1.da car is very powerful, overtakin is a breeze
2.im usin da absorber+springs from da halfcut, bhind im usin APM performax absorbers+ stock springs, i can c da front part higher than the back, so im plannin 2 change suspension sys for da whole car
3.top speed can go 220(ive tried so far, until a big butt S320 came n slowed me down)
4.if u wan this engine, better chg 2 a good set of brakes, stock configuration(2vent disc n 2drum) is insufficient....
5.when u start ur car, evry1 will b starin.......V6 startin sound mmg CUN laaa
6.FC is good, it gives me 250KMs for RM50(RM1.92 per litre), im dun drive very fast
ok ok ony laaa lolzzz....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I'd personally prefer the 4G91 over this engine... 4G91 got more potential... there isn't much u can do to this engine... performance parts are very limited. If u have the budget, get 4G93, even better.

Further more the engine is pretty heavy... u're gonna experience quite a bitch-like handling... understeers a lot. =Þ

Actually... a slightly done up 4G91 should be able to whack a 6A10.

RM50 for 250kms isn't exactly good fuel consumption... i know tons of GSRs that could get better fuel consumption than that... summore they're 1.8 turbo comparing to 1.6 n/a lerz... my 4G91 could go past 500kms for 40 litres petrol (roughly RM80).

However.. i'd have to agree the exhaust sound memang cun!! =Þ
Starter sound can change starter wan maa...

syaq

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
Seremban
www.keretabaru4u.blogspot.com
i'm using this 6A10 engine...manual..so far ok...pick up ok la...but top en (hiway) very2 best...FC for RM 10...town driving can go around up to 70-80km...if at hiway more cheaper...the sound of the ekzos very2 masyuk one...if u all want to see my car can buy the latest G4's Magazine...blue wira sedan...title my secret identity...

Last edited:

syaq

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
Seremban
www.keretabaru4u.blogspot.com
maintenance for changing timing belt and spark plug littel expensive for this engine...

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
how come what u said and what my friend told different geh?? He said his 6A10 top end no power... which i believed la... assuming my 4G91 could whack him if rolling start. Maybe his one got problem? hahaa...

STill think 4G91/93 has more potential... u can't go far with this engine... there's practically nothing almost can say... nothing to mod. =Þ PnP is expensive (2 heads, 24 valves)... cams cannot get, adjustable campulleys could probably use 4G93 ones but nobody knows how to tune V6 pulleys... and if u play n/a... thats the best few mods that u could do to your engine !!

If you decide to turbo... sure the turbo kit is available... but u can't go far with that either... so far haven't heard of metal gasket for this engine... and u won't be able to get stronger internals or forged pistons for this engine... so end up, u can oni use small turbo and boost lowlow. =Þ Unless u order custom internals... which are going to cost a bomb. =Þ

arih

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Sunway
www.resakse.com
not all people same type with u maa, u think its worthless convert to non performance engine...but some people feels that 'look and sound' is better than performance engine. Tekan here and there once a while enuff la, PnP for what? not like all people like to race or enter track etc..140bhp is good enough IMHO for non full-time racing type of people.Plus u get a smooth drive, and an eye catcher when they heard the good old bubble sound from the exhaust.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
haaha... 140hp on crank maybe la... if on wheels, i doubt the 6A10 can reach without doing massive mods. =Þ

Think the 6A12 with moderate mods also is around 130+ on wheels only.

Further more i don't think its worthless converting a non performance engine also... 4G91, 4G93 are not performance engines... further more even the GSR was not created as a performance engine as well... thats why these engines damn hard to find aftermarket parts... =Þ but still easier to find than the V6 engines la... which are next to impossible to find.

I not saying what la... but u ask for opinion ma... therefore i give my opinion lor... still, based on my experience, i dun feel its worth it converting to this engine. Maintanence high, fuel consumption high (compared to 4G91, 93 or GSR), worsens your handling with the heavy front, parts are difficult to find... besides the exhaust sound (by which u'll try to run from JPJ all the time, which could be a bad thing)... i can't find anything good about converting to this engine.

Unless of course u driving a perdana... I must say... the 6A12 on the perdana is just EXCELLENT !!!!!!!! Wouldn't mind having one of those to drive around.

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
used to drive my wira 6a10... but unluckily involved in an accident after tiesto party.. sigh.. n the car total loss...T.T
its a very smooth engine but not much can modd.. n i think wira dont have enough place for u too add turbo kit coz last time i juz changed a bigger radiator ald no more place...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear all sifus,..i need your brilliant opinion regarding RB20DET engine performance vs SR20DET .How about also in term of maintenance & easily to get parts. Mine is RB20DET manual in A31 body...6 cylinders rev sound little bit smoother than 4 cylinders..SR20DET sound is very "syiok" laa man..Is it true 6 cylinders engine is more hotter than 4 cylinders? Pls Help me...:emoticon_U:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience