• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
from http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=98094

McLaren criticises Renault's qualifying 'tactics'

McLaren has criticised title rival Renault's questionable 'gamesmanship' at the Belgian GP. The Woking based team's 'F1 CEO' Martin Whitmarsh said Renault told Giancarlo Fisichella to drive a very fast out-lap ahead of his qualifying effort on Saturday.

As a result, Kimi Raikkonen - the previous qualifier, with a higher fuel load - could not save fuel by doing a traditionally very slow in-lap. "You could call it lots of things," Whitmarsh's quotes were published by Speed TV.

He added: "It undoubtedly consumed a bit more fuel than he would ideally have done in that lap, and it kept him a little bit busy." Whitmarsh, though, said McLaren did not return the favour, even though Juan Pablo Montoya could have been similarly used.

"Everyone's got to do what they feel comfortable with," he said, although not referring to Raikkonen's race tactic to hold the field up in pitlane so he didn't have to queue behind teammate Juan Pablo Montoya for pit service.
McLaren tends to criticised their close rival in the close fight stage.

In the past, Ron Dennis complain and criticised about Ferrari in every single possible aspect when McLaren is fighting with Ferrari for WDC and WCC.

When ever McLaren is not in the position to fight with WDC and WCC, they will just keep their mouth shot most of the time.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Mind games, mate. Not everyone agrees with it, but it is part of the game. Anyway, Renault had the right to do that because it isn't against the rules.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
si|verfish said:
Mind games, mate. Not everyone agrees with it, but it is part of the game. Anyway, Renault had the right to do that because it isn't against the rules.
i remember there were once, Ron Dennis told the media that Ferrari is playing mind game with them. :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I sent in my Mazda 323 hatch on Monday afternoon, at lunchtime to Titan and got it back today (Tuesday) after work. I was shocked (pun not intended) by how fast they could custom manufacture a set for my car.

My old suspension setup had been thoroughly condemned. The springs had sagged so much the car was riding on the bumpstops with practically no travel in the fronts. Indeed, the bumpstops had taken so much abuse that they had disintegrated. The dampers at all 4 corners were deader than...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience