Mazda RX7 Savanna

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site

this is the model that i will be asking questions about.

- How would a FD3S fit in that model? Seeing its by stock 12A, would it be a lot of trouble to fit a 13B in? Mounting changes? Street Legal?

- How bout FD3S rear axle? Direct bolt on? or does it have to be welded here and there to fit it? If FD3S rear axle isnt direct bolt on, are there any other rear axle options available(street legal ones) to suit higher power applications? say, in the range of 400-500hp or even 1000hp.

- How much would this model cost in the market now?

- Can a FD3S dashboard be fitted in?

- Would the handling and weight distribution suck after a 13B is fitted in that model?

- This model with a 13B in it... how well would it be for drifting?

- How many versions of 13B engines are there? If there are other versions, how would they fit in that savanna? like the other 13Bs?

Thanks

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
The engine swap is done for the FB alot of time . You could drop in a TII engine with minimal mods . Or you could drop in a 13B REW also ...

Why the hell would you put in a FD3S dash ? The Original dash is good enough . And no you can't fit the damn thing in . I

As for the rear end , you can fit a ford 8.8 axle or even a Hilux rear end in for a stronger rear end .

Handling would not be affected much as the engine would be mounted in the same place as the original .

Drifting in any car is possible, In a FB is ok but you might wanna swap out the rear suspension for a full coilover one .

The main production from mazda for the 13b are , 13B na , 13BT , 13BREW, 13BRE

If you wanna FD3S get it , don't get a FB and make it look like a FD that is just lame .... like a guy buying a subaru TS and making it look like a WRX ... that is super gay ass

Go read some auzzie car mags , they are crazy about rotors . They drag and race FB still there ....

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Spending much to mods like this, i suggest u for anyone interested in swapping like this, better get and FD3S .. its cheaper nowadays dudes .. what a wastage money, energy and workmanship for this kindof mods .. if u want so .. put and RB26DETT on a 5 Series BMW, worth modding ..

cheers! .. SomeGuy_sg, thnx for the info's .. rotary fan?

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
i see someguy_sg.
well, its just something that came into my mind while i was studying lol... i was just thinking if it was possible and oso lucrative to do so... well, judging by your post... it isnt that lucrative.... or would SA22 with 2JZ be even better? :lol: :lol:
well anyways, SA22 is lighter than FD itself... thats why i got interested in it...
not to say that i prefer SA22 over FD.. its just that SA22,with 13B, is cheaper and has about the same potentials FD has. even a wira or kancil costs more than a SA22 or KE70.
im not that rich as to own a celica GTS, supra or a bimmer. im still 16 going 17 lol

im still wondering... if i wanna fit the dashboard from either FC or FD, it wont fit, like someguy_sg said, but it will after some mods right? how would it look like after that? deformed?
i remember some guy who replied to this thread said it could be fitted in, before the posts in this thread were deleted... and i was also told that it looks quite nice with the FD dash.

and wahts FB? o.O
FB = SA22? o.O

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
Gen1 RX 7=FB
Gen2 RX 7=FC
Gen3 RX 7=FD
Hope that clears things up . I would not describe myself as a rotor fan . I am more of a Rotor Nuts ..haha.. You can fit a FD dash into a FC there are a company in japan does has done it before . I have never heard of any one putting in a FD dash in a FB before . I don't think it will will cause of the differents in lenght and size. But anything is possible with you throw enough money at it .

I would not say that the FB as the same pontential as the FD . The FD is better in the suspension , handling and power(with slight mods) side . The FB would be a great drag sleeper . As for it being a drift/circuit car , handling would be your main enemy as the FB has a floating axle rear . You could get panhard rods and aftermarket coilovers to improve it but the FD's IRS rear would still be better . There have been people saying you can swap in a mazda miata/mx-5 or a TII rear end in but i have yet to see it .

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
There is no FA . The First series of RX 7s production code was FB hence as the future gens have letters going up . FC and later the FD .

FA might equal fuckin asshole :)

ps; nice website sakuraguy

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
MAZDA 787 and B Model
-----------------------------

The Mazda 787/787B was a prototype racing car built for the 24 hours of Le Mans auto race, replacing the 767. It used a 4-rotor 26B Wankel engine which produced over 700 hp (522 kW). The 787B's 1991 win at Le Mans was historic in two ways: It marked both the first time a Japanese manufacturer had won the race, and the first time a Wankel engine won. The 787B was designed by Nigel Stroud.

The number 55 car led the race for three hours, from lap 320 to claim the win. Drivers Johnny Herbert, Bertrand Gachot, and Volker Weidler completed 362 laps (4923.2 km/3059.1 miles), finishing 27.2 km ahead of the second-place car with an average speed of 205.3 km/h.

Rotary engines had been outlawed by the FISA for 1992, so this was the last time the car would have been allowed to compete.

The 787B's Quad Rotor powerplant was specifically developed for this race and was Peripheral Ported to achieve the high levels of power from a naturally aspirated motor. Revs were deliberately kept low for longevity (9000rpm) however interviews with the engineers who developed the motor in the years after the race revealed that the cars power increased dramatically during testing when they took the motor higher than 9000rpm.

One engineer stating that the car developed 930hp with only 10,500rpm. They also noted that after the race they pulled the engine apart and it was still in excellent condition and ready for another 24hr race, a testament to the Rotary as a racing engine.

;) .. see the condition is ok .. no need servicing for next race .. kekekek ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have a satria 1.3 carburetor. the engine can be rev up to 6k right? is it good or bad to do that? sometimes while revving at 5k rpm, i can feel the gear box shaking. Is it some problem or what?

If i drive at normal speed with normal gear, its smooth.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience