MAP or MAF sensor questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

oonbc

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
evo
hi,

can someone educate me abit about MAP or MAF sensor for a piggy back? and what is the difference a piggy back with or without it? is it essential?

i dono how to put it correctly, hope u guys understand what i mean... thanks.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
oonbc,
You quote:
"can someone educate me abit about MAP or MAF sensor for a piggy back? and what is the difference a piggy back with or without it? is it essential?"

Well, the MAP or MAF sensor for a piggy back is to re-calibrate the output signal,like fuel map, rpm X load ( map or maf )
Example, a 1600cc engine, you re-bore to 1800 cc. Since engine cc increase, you alos have to upgrade your injectors, say from 210cc to 285cc.
Now, when you want to idle the engine, the A/F show very rich. What you can do is, you have to reduce the MAP or MAF signal from the input table according to rpm and loading.
That mean MAP or MAF will reduce the signal and feel to the stock ecu, then, the stock ecu will re-calcualate the volume of the fuel in order you have smooth idle.
If you re-gain the output signal from the input table, you will have bad idle for your engine.

For cheap side, you can re-chip or burn the eprom after mod the fuel and ign table like Honda VTEC, software editor like CROME.

Goodd Luck.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
oonbc said:
hi,

can someone educate me abit about MAP or MAF sensor for a piggy back? and what is the difference a piggy back with or without it? is it essential?

i dono how to put it correctly, hope u guys understand what i mean... thanks.
Regardless whether its a standalone, piggyback or stock engine ECU, the job of the MAP or MAF sensor is to relay information to the ECU about how much air is present in the intake manifold.

Unless the engine is carburated, without the MAP or MAF sensor, the ECU is as good as blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW Group Malaysia have introduced the first diesel-engined variant of their 5 Series executive sedan, the 520d, that will now offer customers another option of premium executive motoring but with the addition of impressive fuel consumption figures.

The F10 5 Series has already garnered over 70 international awards including the Red Dot Design Award, Germany’s Favourite Car and numerous Car of the Year...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience