LSD after market Pro & Con

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
Damon taikor,not my car...it for gen2 or satria neo etc frm powerzone...very small nia...unfortunately there is no LSD for my kp in m'sia:bawling:...except change ae86 axle,weld differential or buy TRD LSD for kp frm oversea...if TRD punya,it will cost me a boom....

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
what is the different between LSD 1 way,1.5 way and 2 way? can share here?
:adore:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
andy,sorry to tell u that the thread i told you could not be found as our search engine cant search with only typing 3 words

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
what is the different between LSD 1 way,1.5 way and 2 way? can share here?
:adore:
1 way is only function when car is accelerating.
2 way is functioning both on accelerating & braking.
1.5 way is full functioning on accelerating & 1/2 function on braking.

DonJuanDeMarco

Known Member
May 10, 2007
powerzone LSD is "traction type" with wedge lock system..
so far my cousin use at evo3 (satria R3 body) very efective..

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
1 way is only function when car is accelerating.
2 way is functioning both on accelerating & braking.
1.5 way is full functioning on accelerating & 1/2 function on braking.
thank for the info, but what i worried about is people saying that 2 way lsd will make lot of noise when you turning your steering and when you parking your car, not sure about 1.5 way will have that problem or not. what is full lock lsd?

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
thank for the info, but what i worried about is people saying that 2 way lsd will make lot of noise when you turning your steering and when you parking your car, not sure about 1.5 way will have that problem or not. what is full lock lsd?
no problem. Full lock LSD is 2 way LSD.
Normal daily drive don't recommend 2 way LSD, during low speed turn it got lots of noise like shaft going to broke soon sound.
Personally I never try 1.5 way but should be the best if you use your car as daily drive + frequent visit to track. For my car, 1.5 way will be quite hard to source. Now I only use 1 way LSD, it's good enough for me as I only drag but not going to track :biggrin: You will benefit of LSD on wet track.
But one important thing, remember to use the branded/recommended LSD fluid if you fit LSD. It will reduce the noise + prolong the lifespan.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Anyone knows how long the warranty given by both the dealers if installed the LSD?

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
no problem. Full lock LSD is 2 way LSD.
Normal daily drive don't recommend 2 way LSD, during low speed turn it got lots of noise like shaft going to broke soon sound.
Personally I never try 1.5 way but should be the best if you use your car as daily drive + frequent visit to track. For my car, 1.5 way will be quite hard to source. Now I only use 1 way LSD, it's good enough for me as I only drag but not going to track :biggrin: You will benefit of LSD on wet track.
But one important thing, remember to use the branded/recommended LSD fluid if you fit LSD. It will reduce the noise + prolong the lifespan.

:adore:wow i am very clear with that now. "Normal daily drive don't recommend 2 way LSD, during low speed turn it got lots of noise like shaft going to broke soon sound." What i worried is this problem. Still dont know 1.5 way will make sound or not? If after market have 1 way i wil go for it, cuz cannt find oem mitsubishi.

by the way evox2 what brand LSD are you using or ori for your EVO?

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
sorry i dont drive evo. I drive dc2, now used back original type R LSD only, for normal driving plus few sprints its more than enough.
Even with the best full lock LSD, driver skill counted most. I ever tried my friend fully mod S15 even with kaaz full lock LSD I still spin the car. Lousy driving skill :biggrin:

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
any one using 1.5way LSD can share some experince here :adore:

RS gang

1,000 RPM
Feb 19, 2006
www.egoldmalaysia.com
i'm using oem evo lsd..need longer driveshaft head..the cons is that when ur drivshaft broke..then u will know how hard to find one...huhuhuh:bawling:
if aftermarket lsd,just use back ur normal driveshaft...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Thank you for your much awaited patience, and anticipated posting. I thank the Above for this opportunity for allowing me to detail this exotic! A Porsche 997 Turbo!! After going much obstacles & hurdles, finally this is the time to share with you.... the encounter....

After this detail I went thru quite a bit of challenge & calamity, a week late had a L4 Slipped disc. (May...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience