Lotus to be Renault-powered soon?

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The August break for this year’s Formula One season could see the confirmation that Lotus will be switching over to Renault engines for next season.

Although Lotus is currently Cosworth-powered, the words of Renault’s Engine Technical Director, Rob White, that claims any announcement regarding the French marque’s plans for the 2011 season is not going to be made anytime soon, could just be the inkling that they could be supplying engines to Lotus come next year.

“We have the capacity to supply additional teams in the future and would be willing to do so if it was good for Renault and for the sport as a whole. There has been speculation in the press, with different teams mentioned from time to time, but no announcement is imminent,” said White.

The move, if confirmed, would be very nostalgic as the original Lotus team that competed in Formula One had a Renault lump under its skin between 1983 and 1986.

Source: WorldCarFans

prince of speed

Known Member
Apr 1, 2006
intresting.. when can we see lotus engine inside that skin or even better, CPS Campro??? Can they do it.... maybe the next 30 yrs...:hmmmm:

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
I believe Petronas and ferrari collaborated on F1 engine development in the pass therefore wouldnt it be logical for Petronas to work with Lotus on this in the best interest of 1Malaysia?
Or doesnt Lotus has the financial resources for further R&D with Petronas on the engine portion.....
But then again it would be sort of like a band-aid solution with Lotus using a 'customer' engine from Renault.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, im driving a wira manual transmission,i would like to ask u all that had u all ever experience on having difficulties in shifting from 1st gear to second gear? and as i force the gear to be enggage, there'll be a 'grek' sound comming out from the gear box...this problem is muc more serious in the morning and when the engine run hot, the performance improve slightly...Frank to say that i just had my lubicant and clucth set replaced with the new one and the problem seems still...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience