Lotus casts its motorsports net wider

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

If you thought the unveiling of five new models at the Paris Motor Show would keep the boys from Hethel in a bind, you’re sadly mistaken. Not only are they focused on the new product line up, they’ve also announced plans to expand their racing program extensively.

As we’ve reported earlier, Lotus Formula One arm will be dropping Cosworth and switching to Renault power for next season. They’ve also tied up with Red Bull Racing to use its gearboxes and other tech for next year. If that wasn’t enough, Lotus will be developing their own aerodynamics package for the new adaptable chassis that will line up on the grid come 2012.

Next up is the expansion of their efforts in Indy racing, a partnership with former Champ Car chief Kevin Kalkhoven’s KV Racing that will see them run two cars instead of the previous one.

Lotus will also be teaming up with ART Grand Prix in the GP2 and GP3 single-seater feeder series. ART are themselves champs in several single-seater series and will bring plenty of experience to the table. In a move that will surely not quell the damage from the use of the Lotus name in the Formula One team, Lotus Formula One boss Tony Fernandes has announced his own plans to run a team in the GP2 feeder series under his Air Asia banner.

Finally, just before calling it a day, Lotus will be working on GT2 and GT3 versions of the Evora GT4 due to the promising response received for the car. Looking to the future, they’ll also be building a GT2 racer based on the new generation of vehicles unveiled at Paris. While they’re at it too, they’ve decided to have a go at LMP2 by building a purpose-built closed-cockpit Le Mans Prototype car.

Source: Lotus

Attachments

hafidz_moro

Audi 0000 Fanatics
Feb 13, 2005
Cheras
www.coroflot.com
Kudos to all LOTUS team!! (Tony F, Kamarudin, Mark G, Dany Bahar, Riad Asmat, TS Syed Zainal & NAZA) ...

drMpower

May 1, 2006
which Lotus u are congratulating?

the first para is about the Danny Bahar's version of Lotus. the middle paras are about the best new team in F1. and the last para goes back to the Lotus of which owned by Proton.

sfcc80

May 31, 2006
walau more and more stuff is going on. by 2011 Lotus is almost everywhere !!!

MiTec-i

500 RPM
May 2, 2004
Kay L
www.teamfuze.rules.it
I hope the all the big shots kiss and 'make up' and have make up sex and stop arguing and put their problems aside and go on with the plans!!! then it would be awesome!:love:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
thats more i like it mitec.....but not some sort of gay-ish of them.....hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All sifus,

Suspension of Gen2 CPS was claimed that tuned by Lotus.
However, still encounter floating feel when go for 130km and above.
If would like to improve my car stability, should I go for front canards or lower spring?
Please advise.. Thx. :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience