Launched: Latest Honda City Hatchback arrives Malaysia Malaysia with 2 engine options

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Honda's new City Hatchback is officially here in Malaysia. Replacing the now discontinued Jazz, it promises an improved driving experience with a more rigid body and foamed pillars.

There are 4 models offered including the torque of the town RS e:HEV hybrid, which will only arrive early 2022.

City Hatchback RS e:HEV : 109ps / 253nm / twin electric motor / 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / E-CVT / Honda Sensing / Price: TBA

City Hatchback Petrol 121ps / 145nm / 1.5L 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / CVT / Price: V RM87,860.00 / E RM83,080.00 / S RM75,670.00

A tribute to the Jazz's heritage is its much celebrated 4-mode Ultra seats, that has been transferred over into the City Hatchback. These are basically transformable seats which allows a multitude of folding combinations to create space or ease private logistics

4 models: RS e:HEV / V / E / S

Exterior

City Hatchback RS e:HEV:
Gloss black front grill, gloss black solid wing, gloss black door mirrors, RS e:HEV exclusive lower grill, fog garnish, rear bumper.

Both the RS e:HEV and V models will get all LED exterior lighting which include the headlights, DRL, front fog lights, rear tailights and 16-inch wheels.

Engines

City Hatchback RS e:HEV:
This hybrid model is powered by Honda's next gen i-MMD Intelligent Multi Mode Drive which combines 2 electric motors and a new petrol 1.5L 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC engine which churns out a total of 109ps and 253nm. There's also a IMMD specific e-CVT box.

City Hatchback V, E, S:
These are the petrol versions of the City Hatchback and will run on Honda's new-ish 121ps / 145nm 1.5L DOHC I-VTEC engine.

Interior

RS e:HEV:
- Red-stitched Ultrasuede® Seats
- 7-inch instrument cluster screen
- Rear air conditioning ventilation
- 8-inch display
- Apple CarPlay Android AutoConnectivity
- Auto air-conditioning panel
- Lower pocket 2 USB ports

V: Leather Seats

V / E:
- Rear air conditioning ventilation
- 8-inch display
- Apple CarPlay Android AutoConnectivity
- Auto air-conditioning panel
- Lower pocket 2 USB ports

First in class features:
- Remote Engine Start (RS e:HEV & V)
- Rear Air Conditioning Ventilation
- Electric Parking Brake (EPB) RS e:HEV only

The City Hatchback RS e:HEV will get Honda Sensing:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Auto High Beam (AHB)

Colours:
Ignite Red Metallic RS only
Meteoroid Gray Metallic RS only
Platinum White Pearl
Lunar Silver Metallic
Crystal Black Pearl.

Prices + Sales Tax Exemption:
- V RM87,860.00
- E RM83,080.00
- S RM75,670.00

Honda Malaysia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Ms. Madoka Chujo said, “Today, Honda Malaysia is set to create another key milestone, offering the popular City model in a hatchback body type. Over the years and generations, the City has evolved into one of Malaysian’s most favourite B-segment sedan. Over 380,000 units have been sold in Malaysia since the introduction of the 2nd Generation City in 2002.”

“We are very excited to launch our latest eye-catching model, the All-New City Hatchback. This new model will be the trendsetting model with its first-in-segment advanced technology, premium features, versatility with ULTRA Seats configurations and most importantly, it will be absolutely fun to drive. I am pleased to announce that as of today we have received a total of 2,000 bookings for the All-New City Hatchback,” added Ms. Chujo.

Last edited:
Reactions: vr2turbo

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Prettier than the current Toyota Yaris for about the same price. I think Toyota gonna have it hard in 2022

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Prettier than the current Toyota Yaris for about the same price. I think Toyota gonna have it hard in 2022
it does seem more attractive in comparison, especially from the rear

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
it does seem more attractive in comparison, especially from the rear
There's a ton of talk about it wanting to look like the A45.. but personally I find that a compliment more than a diss.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
There's a ton of talk about it wanting to look like the A45.. but personally I find that a compliment more than a diss.
never thought of it that way but now that you mention it, maybe
yeah but whatever floats their boat, this new does seem pleasant all round, not the handsome kind imo, but very likeable

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
  • Haha
Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Maybe I could make a A45 bodykit and sell to the honda boys and make my millions there. hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, successfully installed an SR20-turbo from S14 into a 2-door jeep. Now still have the ori 1.5" stock pipe with stock muffler. I plan to change to 2.5 normal steel pipe with the matching straight flow exhaust- maybe with a bit of sound. What do you think? is this okay? The engine is 100% ori, I am not planning to do any upgrading anytime soon.

Also, If I I want to use a 2.5" diameter pipe, is it necessary that I find the exhaust with 2.5" inlet?

If there's already a thread for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience