Lack during driving for Airtrek Turbo 2.0L

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
I got Mitsubishi Airtrek turbo 2.0L last year and newbie here... recently i feel my car driving is not smooth... it is lack during driving, look like the fuel loading not smooth. I went to Mitsubishi car center and the guy told me maybe the fuel pump or gearbox got problem. anyone got this problem before?? Car's manufact is 2004.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Bro, u need to be more specific what is the issue you're facing. When you're saying 'lack of', does it mean power? What else is not smooth? Maybe these questions will help us understand more.

- Lack of power?
- Does it vibrates when turbo kicks in?
- Is there any weird noise when turbo spins?
- Is there any weird noise during gear change?
- Does your car choke or missfire at high rpm?
- What was the last thing you did lately before the synthoms appear?

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Could be dirty fuel filter. Try removing the fuel filter and see whether it is dirty first.

cftiew

Feb 9, 2009
have u checked air flow sensor ? faulty air flow sensor cause this kind problem also ....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
check yr vacuum pipes. did the boost level dropped? will it vibrates when turbo kicks in?

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
send a foreman knows evo better then services center.call ah wah 0122963909 if u r around kl.as far as i know most airtrek send to his workshop.

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
hi stutzedward,
to answer your question as below:

- Lack of power? Yes
- Does it vibrates when turbo kicks in? Nope, but it look like fuel come not smooth...
- Is there any weird noise when turbo spins? nope reayll hear that..
- Is there any weird noise during gear change? nope.
- Does your car choke or missfire at high rpm? never try it...
- What was the last thing you did lately before the synthoms appear? I remember that when I used 97 petrol this synthoms gone away, but recently is come back after I used petrol 95. It is related??

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

kaninbu,
I'm from Penang, any workshop recommend to me on Penang site?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Nyantong,
Do you know how to open up and check it?

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
bro,mayb ur trek need some fine tuning only.ron95 n ron97 sure big diff interm of power.even price oso diff so much.

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
I experience only on morning and afternoon, but seldom driving at night. it is happened when I try to press petrol that time...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Morning but air temp is warm right? So let's say u got stuck at traffic jam and when u accelerate, the car felt heavy and doesn't wanna go. I am pretty sure it's knocking. We all hv this issue with original intercooler. It's BBQ'ing the intercooler during jam.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Pirelli may have secured the exclusive contract to provide Formula One teams with tyres for the coming season but reports suggest they may have followed that by joining the ever increasing exodus from the World Rally Championship.

Having been the official tyre supplier to the WRC for the past three years, the tyre manufacturer was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience