Knocking after bolt on turbo

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Almera plug is slighlty long compare to common plug, after market currently only HKS and Brisk have its plug. HKS is about Rm5xx for 4 plugs, I heard denso have it.

Almera owner can't be paying RM5xx for plugs alone. V6 using 6 plugs on Iridium only RM360 and that is a lot already....:rolleyes:

Almera owner can't be paying RM5xx for plugs alone. V6 using 6 plugs on Iridium only RM360 and that is a lot already....:rolleyes:

kzpyig7kv

No joke, u see the bill, 150 for retuning, 580 for plug

Attachments

• DSC_0262.jpg
    DSC_0262.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 260
kzpyig7kv

No joke, u see the bill, 150 for retuning, 580 for plug

Because HKS mah! That is why asking you to source other brand/make.
My Iridium (Denso) I used was RM150 for 4pcs, now on Platinum (NGK) only RM50 for 4pcs.....:driver:

Erm, bro I also used HKS platinum plugs previously, cold plug.. also not as expensive as yours ler.. Import directly from Japan too...

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

How was the rattling sounds like, i feel like does`t have that weird sound.
My fuel pump was okie, had tested fuel pressure, my car does`t have fuel regulator, mine is a return type..

BTW thx for the sharing :biggrin: Appreciate it

Bro my car also doesn't have fuel pressure regulator. It's a returnless fuel system, but i've mod it to become return fuel system with custom fuel filter outside for easy maintenance and with a new fuel rail(WORKS) + fuel pressure regulator(WORKS) and a high flow fuel pump(AEM). You may say I'm kiasu, but it's my daily drive car.. so i hope it is reliable.. So far if full tank Ron97 is around 350km+-, if V-Power Racing surprisingly is 380km+-.. sometimes heavy foot + heavy jams, Ron 97 is around 320km+- :driver::driver::driver:

Because HKS mah! That is why asking you to source other brand/make.
My Iridium (Denso) I used was RM150 for 4pcs, now on Platinum (NGK) only RM50 for 4pcs.....:driver:

Previously I was using brisk, heat range unknown

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Erm, bro I also used HKS platinum plugs previously, cold plug.. also not as expensive as yours ler.. Import directly from Japan too...

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Bro my car also doesn't have fuel pressure regulator. It's a returnless fuel system, but i've mod it to become return fuel system with custom fuel filter outside for easy maintenance and with a new fuel rail(WORKS) + fuel pressure regulator(WORKS) and a high flow fuel pump(AEM). You may say I'm kiasu, but it's my daily drive car.. so i hope it is reliable.. So far if full tank Ron97 is around 350km+-, if V-Power Racing surprisingly is 380km+-.. sometimes heavy foot + heavy jams, Ron 97 is around 320km+- :driver::driver::driver:

My car model doest have aftermarket fuel rail yet.
Fc is about ron95 320~380 for full tank, full city driving with heavy jam.
Ron97 can go about 350~400
Mine are 41l

Mine only 320km mix highway town driving on around 45L. If town only around 280km only.....:smokin:

Nowdays tuner and car mod technician are businessman, they care about income more than service. This is what I saw...
As what I did is, I was tuning with 95, and the knocking is happen even I`m using 97, and last I was told my mechanical part such as intercooler, open pod location, etc... got problems...

I`m using mechanical type boost controller, 0.6 was my lowest, but I will try to get a electronic boost cut in future.
But plug for my car is quite rare, its same plug with latio, and GTR R35, I hardly found that plug.
I`m thinking to look for another unichip tuner, maybe will go for johor viswork... to do on road tuning...
I will try raise the bonnet tmr, I had just custom a temporary heat shield, and it work well, significantly increase of fuel consume and no knocking so far.
I dun really understand what is 1.3 bar radiator cap, any example for me?:confused:
Did petron and petronas fuel really better? I heard a lot people which claiming they are best fuel.
I am currently using either caltex or shell.

My experience on my car is...

Shell - Best response, power and fuel economy but knocks a lot
Petron - Worst response, worst power and worst fuel economy but least knocking
Petronas - reasonable power, reasonable response and fuel economy (somewhere in the middle betwene shell and petron). Moderate knocking.

I switched to petron due to knocking issues. Knocking significantly reduced. But I just couldn't stand it. It's rubbish. Shell's fuel is just too addictive. So I detuned my ignition slightly and adjusted my driving style and switched back to shell.

Mine only 320km mix highway town driving on around 45L. If town only around 280km only.....:smokin:

Mine low boost low power ;-)

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Petronas - reasonable power, reasonable response and fuel economy (somewhere in the middle betwene shell and petron). Moderate knocking.

I switched to petron due to knocking issues. Knocking significantly reduced. But I just couldn't stand it. It's rubbish. Shell's fuel is just too addictive. So I detuned my ignition slightly and adjusted my driving style and switched back to shell.

But some say, its all about the tuner.

That does not make sense because if got knocking means ignition is not proper hence by right the one with more knocking should give less power and the one with no knocking should give more power. This is the first time I hear such opposite happening.

Honestly for me, like I said in many other threads about fuel brands, I cannot tell the difference between them. They all seems very similar powerwise or FC wise. Or maybe I'm just not sensitive enough and my car is just too ordinary (too slow) to benefit for such difference.

Anyway back to the original topic, if want to try tuning the mapping, maybe can try visit RS Dynotune. A friend who installed SC kit for Mark X went there to tune and managed to get rid of his earlier knocking issue.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Mine also low boost of 0.6 but 2.0L......:biggrin:

Yours is different league la, legendary 4G63T, already very well known for very sturdy turbo power ma!

That does not make sense because if got knocking means ignition is not proper hence by right the one with more knocking should give less power and the one with no knocking should give more power. This is the first time I hear such opposite happening.

Honestly for me, like I said in many other threads about fuel brands, I cannot tell the difference between them. They all seems very similar powerwise or FC wise. Or maybe I'm just not sensitive enough and my car is just too ordinary (too slow) to benefit for such difference.

Anyway back to the original topic, if want to try tuning the mapping, maybe can try visit RS Dynotune. A friend who installed SC kit for Mark X went there to tune and managed to get rid of his earlier knocking issue.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Yours is different league la, legendary 4G63T, already very well known for very sturdy turbo power ma!

But Robyn seems like not being friendly to everyone =[, some of my friend who know him get very very good result, but those who dunno him just randomly went there, usually giving negative review .

Yup, I agree. When I had knocking issues in my VR on Ron95, the engine could not rev pass 4.5k rpm. Pick up was slow, mileage was bad.
For me all the while on Esso, now Petron. Main reason, station near my house and I don't have issues with the petrol. Then a friend who tried Shell pester me to try as he mention works for his Honda. I tried one tank of Shell FS formula Ron 97 and immediately I could feel the loss in power. Imagine it was so bad I went home siphon it out and poured them into my NA Hyundai.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

But Robyn seems like not being friendly to everyone =[, some of my friend who know him get very very good result, but those who dunno him just randomly went there, usually giving negative review .

Sometimes you need to get to know them. Some of the bosses of shops I know, first impression by a new client they will say they look snobbish, etc., but after get to know them they are an ok lot. I think is human nature........hhahhahaha:rofl:

Yup, I agree. When I had knocking issues in my VR on Ron95, the engine could not rev pass 4.5k rpm. Pick up was slow, mileage was bad.
For me all the while on Esso, now Petron. Main reason, station near my house and I don't have issues with the petrol. Then a friend who tried Shell pester me to try as he mention works for his Honda. I tried one tank of Shell FS formula Ron 97 and immediately I could feel the loss in power. Imagine it was so bad I went home siphon it out and poured them into my NA Hyundai.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Sometimes you need to get to know them. Some of the bosses of shops I know, first impression by a new client they will say they look snobbish, etc., but after get to know them they are an ok lot. I think is human nature........hhahhahaha:rofl:

Need to break down the ice mountain?:biggrin:

Told you already lor... not the fuel, not the tuning, not the ignition timing.. stop guessing, stop wasting money.. stop re-tuning and dyno-ing.

If it doesn't happen during WOT, it is part throttle full boost fuel starvation along with non-linear boost control strategy -- you should not have full boost with part throttle.

RM150 for 1 spark plug? KNNMCCB what spark plug is this? Got diamond dust ah?

All this money, here a bit, there a bit, it all adds up..and in the end can buy Haltech 500.

So bos,i only gt petronas and shell ron97 so which one better??:wavey:

Told you already lor... not the fuel, not the tuning, not the ignition timing.. stop guessing, stop wasting money.. stop re-tuning and dyno-ing.

If it doesn't happen during WOT, it is part throttle full boost fuel starvation along with non-linear boost control strategy -- you should not have full boost with part throttle.

RM150 for 1 spark plug? KNNMCCB what spark plug is this? Got diamond dust ah?

All this money, here a bit, there a bit, it all adds up..and in the end can buy Haltech 500.

Wokie dookie, so on to engine management

So bos,i only gt petronas and shell ron97 so which one better??:wavey:

I am still on Petron woh! I guess you need to test and see which is better for your car. Seems different people, different cars gets different result. Even same type of car can get different results....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Wokie dookie, so on to engine management

Pm bro ixeo see got any Denso Iridium that suits your car....:driver:

Top Bottom