Kimi Raikkonen set to continue rallying in 2011

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

According to reports on Autosport, Kimi Raikkonen is set to commit to rallying in the World Rally Championship for a second season.

There have been numerous reports of a possibility that the 2007 Formula 1 world champion returning to grand prix racing with Renault in 2011, but apparently the Finn intends to stay in rallying for at least one more year.

It is said that Raikkonen is keen to continue his relationship with Red Bull, and that could open the door for a possible return to F1 with the energy drink's F1 team in 2012 considering that Mark Webber is somewhat unsettled at the team.

"I don't miss Formula 1 and I am enjoying what I am doing now," Raikkonen said at the Bulgarian round of the WRC last weekend.

"I have still not decided what I am doing next year yet. Soon I have to decide, maybe it will be just after Rally Finland."

A Red Bull source confirmed to Autosport that it is close to a deal with Raikkonen: "We are very happy with what Kimi has done this season. He is very good for the Red Bull brand and we are looking to extend his agreement into next year. I think this is likely."

Citroen Racing director Olivier Quesnel is confident that he will retain Raikkonen in 2011.

"I'm sure this will happen," he said. "For myself, he is really involved in rallying and he wants to succeed. I will be pleased if he will stay. he has done one year and he needs to do one more year to make sure."

Sebastien Loeb agrees that it would benefit Raikkonen to stay for at least a second year in the WRC.

"He should, because this year he is only learning," Loeb said. "He cannot be competitive this year and if he stops then he has lost this year. If he continues next year he will arrive on the rallies knowing where he is.

"He has the notes, he can modify them, which is much easier than this year when he had to make them all from the start. He will know better the stages in his head. He can improve a lot from this year to next year.

"Especially because we all change cars, so he will get in the new car and we will also. I'm sure he would have more chances to succeed next season."

Source: Autosport

Attachments

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
somehow I want Kimi to be back in F1 but I don't think he would be interested in other teams other than McLaren and Ferrari. Well, at least this will give Vitaly Petrov a relief since there is a rumor saying Renault is interested to sign Kimi there next year.

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
F1 needs more drivers with skills and personality like Kimi. Come back! :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello every one,

I own a Altis 1.8L M/T, VVT-i, 1ZZFEE engine. Its done only about 6000km.

What sorts of CAI & other mods would you recommend......

Waiting to hear from all ya smart guys.........

Regards!

Btw just got Iridium ND sparks from Toyota of Orlando.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience