Kimi admits return to F1 is possible but rallying is more fun

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Kimi Raikkonen has admitted a return to formula one is "possible". But in an interview with Austria's Kleine Zeitung, the 2007 world champion also sounded more than happy with his new foray in world rallying, and not keen to immediately switch back to the grand prix grid.

During an event for his sponsor Red Bull, the 31-year-old Finn answered "Sure, anything is possible" when asked if he is open to launching a second F1 career.

But when asked if he still feels like 'Raikkonen, the F1 driver', he said: "The past is what it is -- over. I don't miss it."

And Raikkonen raved about his new job with Citroen.

"I love this job and the whole environment. But I have much to learn and I want to be good at what I do. With a relaxed setting you do not go far."

Asked whether he would like to add a rally title to his F1 championship, Raikkonen admitted: "No one can see into the future, but yes, it is a dream.

"Now it is the time to learn; my formula one past does me no harm."

He said rally is a more difficult discipline than F1.

"Because it's constantly changing; the weather, the surface, the track. You have to be flexible, adjusting and responding quickly."

When asked which is more fun, he did not hesitate: "Rally! Because there are always new challenges."
Source: GMM

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
I hope Kimi will return to F1 as soon as next year, hopefully.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
haha....

he admit it rally driver can suits easily on F1...

but from F1 to rallying is hard....
:proud:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
F1 is 80% technology 20% driver's skill while Rally is the opposite way, I would say. In Rally, skills are more important than the car, of course if have both is better. In F1, even if the driver is the best driver out there, if let him drives a slow car, it is impossible to get good results.

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
seldom see Iceman smiling:proud:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
that is the reason why they call him Iceman, because he is always so cool.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have with us a brand new Honda Civic, face lifted to the latest version with this sleek looking bluewish grey colour. We are here to get the car fully protected with Opti-Coat™Pro.

Upon arrival, we did our standard walk around to inspect for any visible damages...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience