Kembara Titan-ed

wing

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
I'm guessing my Kembara is the first to be Titan-ed and below are my feedback on this dampers. I've only replace the dampers.

My setup is pretty straight forward. My Kembar OEM springs were replaced with a slightly stiffer and longer spring for a 1" lift. I've requested for a longer dampers to provide more articulation for my Kembara for offroading purpose. This was duly done and nicely calculated by Richard. The from was increased by 30cm while the rear 25cm. The dampening effect was tuned more for on-road.

The ride now is certainly better than before. The dampening effect is more stout. It goes over illegal humps and potholes with out having the effect of the tyres losing traction (lifting). I could take corners faster than ever as it provide a controlled and stable ride. Off-roading was also better controlled but maybe slightly a bit more rigid (bad for offroading). My full extension was worse than before. My full extension were only 54cm compared with my old of 56cm. I went back to Richard to re-tuned it and now the extension is better at 58cm. Was hoping to get 60cm but will wait for a bigger and heavier tyre replacement to gauge the extension.

Overall, the dampers are valued for money. Initial cost is high but I could recover it in the next few years.

Pix of my little offroading. Enjoy.

wing

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Stanley,

I'm a bit disappointed though since Richard had increase the rear dampers by 25mm, I had expected a better extension of say 60mm. Initially, my full extension was 56mm with the OEM shocks. After replacing it, I only manage 54mm which was worse than my OEM. Went back to Richard to re-tuned and I got 58mm.

Looking at the figures, it does not match with what he had done with the dampers. I mean, an extra length of 25mm and I only could only manage an additional of 2mm over my OEM shockers. Now THAT'S a shock!

Anyway, let me replace my tyres first and we'll see how it goes. With a bigger and heavier tyre, it'll help with the extension. But do I still have the two free tuning or one now since I did mentioned from the beginning that I want more extension.

wing

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Yeah. What went wrong?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A friend of a friend got mugged earlier round 0030hrs 01/12 round Sri Damansara. Owner got mugged & his car driven off by the damn thieves. Car reg no. BEN 7272 White Vios with TRD Kit. Do call owner direct should you guys have any info. Thanks.

Ben (Owner) 017 603 6072
Aswad ( Friend) 010 226 5877
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience