Kancil 660CC EFI Conversion-Possible?

SemoSemo

Jul 12, 2006
Just wanna ask you guys is it possible to do a kancil 660cc EFI conversion? Will there be an improvement in HP? Worth it? What are the costs involved?? Thanks.. :shades_smile: :shades_smile:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
If u get the EFI for free also I will said no to you.
Dun waste your time and money, later regret..
Straight to L2T or L5T..

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
not worth it...

better transplant L2 with that sum of money... u get more power.....
.. and if if you keep it as stock standard, no other mods (big turbo, big intercooler, big this n that), you might get better fuel mileage also.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok I've read all the comments here, but if say I'm just itching to do the conversion and don't want to go through the hassle of JPJ registration, how can it be done? 660 carbie to 660 EFi?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Ok I've read all the comments here, but if say I'm just itching to do the conversion and don't want to go through the hassle of JPJ registration, how can it be done? 660 carbie to 660 EFi?
see, it's not impossible, but would you REALLY wanna go thru the trouble?

you'll need a standalone ecu & harness, some sort of crank trigger wheel, and lotsa efi stuff like injectors, fuel rail, fuel regulator etc... and tuning it is another story altogether. all in all, costs roughly a new engine.

teach yurself the basics of efi 1st, and you'll see it' very much s do-able.

but a typical malaysian answer wud be " easier to transplant Lxxxxx engine lorr..." :biggrin:

haihz..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
see, it's not impossible, but would you REALLY wanna go thru the trouble?

you'll need a standalone ecu & harness, some sort of crank trigger wheel, and lotsa efi stuff like injectors, fuel rail, fuel regulator etc... and tuning it is another story altogether. all in all, costs roughly a new engine.

teach yurself the basics of efi 1st, and you'll see it' very much s do-able.

but a typical malaysian answer wud be " easier to transplant Lxxxxx engine lorr..." :biggrin:

haihz..
I appreciate the answer and I already do have a standalone ECU. Harness will be added on later. I'm just trying to find out what EFi engine parts can be used on a 660 Kancil. Injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump, fuel tank, etc etc are all the things I have already taken into consideration. I just can't find enough info on a cylinder head that'll fit together with the intake manifold and block. Cost is not a problem. Ideas?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
I appreciate the answer and I already do have a standalone ECU. Harness will be added on later. I'm just trying to find out what EFi engine parts can be used on a 660 Kancil. Injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump, fuel tank, etc etc are all the things I have already taken into consideration. I just can't find enough info on a cylinder head that'll fit together with the intake manifold and block. Cost is not a problem. Ideas?
i for one, am not familiar with kancil's motor or any of the L series.

for ease of installation, can you use L2's intake manifold with kancil's head?
everything got there - TB, plenum, injectors n stuff.

since i know a buddy over here hybrid'ed a 850T (look fer username 'flamefox') i know some kancil parts fit the L series but dun quote me on that, ask kancil guys more on that!

that, or you'll looking on a custom plenum setup.

OR...

since you've already have a standalone, get 3 throttle body, custom intake with injector buns welded on and go ITB's. now THAT is something you just don't see everyday. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i own a honda prelude 2nd generation and now in the process of swapping engine to B16B. I was told by the mechanic that the clutch pump type gearbox cannot be install in my car. the mechanic told me that there is no way to modify it. can anyone here please help me to understand if what the mechanic told me is true? because for what i know even Honda EF can be install with a LSD clutch pump gearbox.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience