Kancil 660 (M) major overhaul

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Danzeterna dude : that price you got quoted for the Kancil 660 doesn't seem to include swapping out the oil seals? Head skim?

I love the Kancil. Rebuilt one and it was so bloody light to work with. Even the engine is so so so light to remove.

I never modded it since it wasn't my car - but issit possible to overbore by 1.5mm and fit in larger pistons? :biggrin:
I've heard ppl put in starlet 2e piston in their L2 turbo head + 850cc block with great successs

not sure abt the size, must be bigger than standad kancil rite?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've heard ppl put in starlet 2e piston in their L2 turbo head + 850cc block with great successs

not sure abt the size, must be bigger than standad kancil rite?
The 850 block is kinda heavy compared to the 660. I never had the priviledge of messing with a 850. I'm proud to say I can dismantle an entire Kancil 660 engine from the car in 3 days. :biggrin: slow but aiya.. newbie mah.

And helluva lot of fun! :biggrin: I'd try to uprate the 660 just because it's easier to work with (lighter) although the end result may not be cost effective.

Anyone can tell me what type of block is the 660? Cast iron right? Whats the max bore size we can go? Might convince my cuz to 'loan' me her 660 for... 'playing' :biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
izso. the price includs changing oil seals, but not skimming the head.
but im still experiencing lost of power compared to my previous engine, is this normal?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Time to turn it into monster bro :biggrin:
Car with good pick up only safe for wife to drive :smile:

DerrickEe

Known Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys,
my kancil 660 (M) 1999 that served me well for the past 8 years gave up on me last 2 weeks, the crank nut was jammed, unable to remove it unless send to machine shop to get it welded & might damage the internals, i had no choice but to get another 660 engine, as i dont plan to turbocharged it cos i plan to pass it down to my wife & get myself another car.

anyways i decided to let my mech go ahead on changing to another 660 engine & the costs breakdown as below.

1.timing belt set rm95
2.exhaust gasket rm10
3.head gasket rm15
4. gearbox oil rm16x2 = rm32
5.speedometer cable rm35
6.drive shaft rm120x2 = rm240
7.front wheel bearing rm65
8.engine oil + oil filter rm70
9.fan switch rm45
10.spark plug rm15
11.welding aircond gas hose rm30
12.top up aircond gas rm40
13.top radiator hose rm25
14.service radiator & coolant rm95
15.1 pc engine kosong 660 rm650
16.labour charges rm650
17. steering rack + allignment + balancing + horn button + wash engine RM250

a grand total of rm2360

i just wanna know is the price reasonable of expensive?

thanks.
Yeap I think its quite reasonable,my friend's father's 20 year old saga broke down,and the mech told him it will cost 10k to overhaul his engine:idea:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
been talking wif my pomen/runner fren... he sez for rm2.5k, he can get you the following

1. Engine Lantai L5 turbo = 4cyl turbo 660cc
  2. Upah for splicing L5 wiring to original kancil's wiring
  3. use back your alternator, gearbox

...but then, admittedly the risk are there especially if you don't know the exact status of the engine lantai la... hehe

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah, my lil bro in law also got his l6 for that price include workmanship + trade in his old 850 engine, but still
retain his gbox.

but in the end of the day, i still need to get my driveshaft replaced & many wear & tear parts, it could have doubled my costs...
i dont believe in engine lantai though...:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What happen in the last decade?
My car just turn 10 years old this year

You can go online shopping…goggle the most powerful search engine, air ticket available online…many other things like Ebay..paypal,,,,electronic wallet….e certifications - chips implanted in dog‘s ear as identity & breed status…..

I recall E ticket was imposed - abolish all the paper ticket, which waste lots of trees
Mobile phone comes with colour Tex, 3G was introduce - video conferencing make wide avail
Car comes...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience