K3-VET/YRV vs Bolt on Turbo

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
I dunno bout the exact HP for the 'R' version. Some say 140hp. but for sure, the pistons a little bit bigger than normal turbo YRV. plus the coil is different, has 'Igniter' box which the normal version don't have, two O² sensor, 220 meter, and no speed cut..
I am sorry...but i have to correct you...

What makes you think the piston bore of a Turbo R is any bigger than...What do you mean by coil?K3 are running on direct ignition....

and all K3 has the DVVT coil...just bukak ur valve cover and see...

Speed cut? japanese governement has the regulations of restricting it...unless the halfcut is obtained out of jap...maybe Russia or singapore....

2 x o2 sensors? normal k3 has it too..even NA....

and think logically...what makes u think DAIHATSU will spend much more money on doing R&D for another base out of K3 but just calling it Turbo R...?

The main difference is the ECU...the fuel mapping in the Management is different...

at most daihatsu will play with compression...just like K3VE and K3VE2...they just raise the compression of the piston and change the ECU mapping...and there you have an engien with slightly higher output.....

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Which one is a better choice for Myvi ?

Care to share your thoughts/experience?

Thank you
Bro, between BOT or K3vet halfcut...i would go for halfcut..and maybe can kahwin with your k3 manual gearbox..

BOT is a fun process...but the tendency of going wrong is high...for a problem free solution...go get a K3vet halfcut..drive it stock...and its problem free..toyota/daihatsu engines are pretty reliable....when stock...

btw...there is another option since u are driving a myvi..get a 3sze....1.5 litre...same engine as alzas....

i would prefer CC...as there is not replacement for displacement.. cheers :rolleyes:

now ppl selling full half cut for YRV is around rm8k++.. no need mod anything, still can drive syiok syiok tapao Vios ma...
I am one happy owner here...with manual tranny boosting at 0.9 stock boost..

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
then just try plonk a K20A into ur Kenari, get a set of HKS/Greedy/TopFuel turbo kit... boost low low 1.3bar... sure can not only monte bella, but Hawaii Five-O ler.....

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
diu , pening2 for that SPecial edition or Type R Edition for wad
Since u say UNLIMITEd Budget:

if want power
1. change Rebore piston
2. LArge intake manifold + throttle
3. high cam + adj pulley
4. exhaust banana
5. standalone / piggyback tuning
6. Clutch Racing 3/4 Puck
7. Cantik punya Amoi

Advance :
1. Larger Custom Turbo
2. Injector larger
3. sexy girl

this is what u need for a FAST car .

but for me , not worth to plonk in too much for myvi
coz it is still myvi
Get a Sedan / Coupe / 3 door car better .

Furai

Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I am sorry...but i have to correct you...

What makes you think the piston bore of a Turbo R is any bigger than...What do you mean by coil?K3 are running on direct ignition....

and all K3 has the DVVT coil...just bukak ur valve cover and see...

Speed cut? japanese governement has the regulations of restricting it...unless the halfcut is obtained out of jap...maybe Russia or singapore....

2 x o2 sensors? normal k3 has it too..even NA....

and think logically...what makes u think DAIHATSU will spend much more money on doing R&D for another base out of K3 but just calling it Turbo R...?

The main difference is the ECU...the fuel mapping in the Management is different...

at most daihatsu will play with compression...just like K3VE and K3VE2...they just raise the compression of the piston and change the ECU mapping...and there you have an engien with slightly higher output.....

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Bro, between BOT or K3vet halfcut...i would go for halfcut..and maybe can kahwin with your k3 manual gearbox..

BOT is a fun process...but the tendency of going wrong is high...for a problem free solution...go get a K3vet halfcut..drive it stock...and its problem free..toyota/daihatsu engines are pretty reliable....when stock...

btw...there is another option since u are driving a myvi..get a 3sze....1.5 litre...same engine as alzas....

i would prefer CC...as there is not replacement for displacement.. cheers :rolleyes:

I am one happy owner here...with manual tranny boosting at 0.9 stock boost..
Do you know much does an alza half cut cost nowadays?

May i know your WHP ? since you already have experience running on o.9 boost. thanks :)

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

diu , pening2 for that SPecial edition or Type R Edition for wad
Since u say UNLIMITEd Budget:

if want power
1. change Rebore piston
2. LArge intake manifold + throttle
3. high cam + adj pulley
4. exhaust banana
5. standalone / piggyback tuning
6. Clutch Racing 3/4 Puck
7. Cantik punya Amoi .
walao how much would all of that costs?

Last edited:

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
dun diu them , u tot 1.5 engine easy find a ?
better change internal parts lar
change realistic thing

For the psrts i say , all depends on u
if u unlimited budget can do all of it
but i prefer the Amoi parts . it is FREE lol

Furai

Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
change realistic thing

what do you mean by amoi parts?

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Im driving myvi yrv now and i would suggest you to get yrv better than BOT-ing your car. like jun_ng_1208 said.

YRV halfcut market price is around 5k - 5.4k only. and dont bother getting the 4wd, you would be wasting your money changing it to 2wd. just a small problem that most myvi yrv problems have is the gearbox would drop, IF you use the triptronic g/b.

Like me i used back my M/T trans back, but theres no more triptronic.

my car stocked dyno 137 hp.

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
Sifu germ has already spoken :D I would say yrv are a good choice but the pricey way ;)
I'm a kuli only..no where near to be a sifu...just sharing facts to enlighthen other self claim personnel here...u are k3 sifu also ma...

then just try plonk a K20A into ur Kenari, get a set of HKS/Greedy/TopFuel turbo kit... boost low low 1.3bar... sure can not only monte bella, but Hawaii Five-O ler.....
cannot le boss...later bungkus AMUSE S2000 macam mana?

change realistic thing

haih..chill la...dun diu here diu there...keep ur DIUs in the room...

1.5 3sze is not difficult to source... 3sze are increasing lately as more and more passo are scrapped..and we are SUGGESTING a more feasible approach..where there will be no/less complications later

Do you know much does an alza half cut cost nowadays?

May i know your WHP ? since you already have experience running on o.9 boost. thanks
i am running with emanage...ignition harness wasnt tuned as it was close to useless....getting 150 hp on wheels...with ron 95..boost 0.9bar...dynojet dyno machine @ toms sg besi...

3sze halfcut...it depends...sometimes can get around 5.5k too....but it can also go up till 7.5k...have to be wise...

you may obtain 3sze from:
* Daihatsu Terios
* Daihatsu Gran-Max
* Daihatsu Materia / Daihatsu Coo
* Toyota bB
* Toyota Passo Sette
* Toyota Avanza
* Toyota Rush
* Perodua Alza

where else before the 3sze was well known, people usually use the crank shaft and conrods of the 3s into the k3ve to increase volume...but i dunno whether there are any successful case...i mean havent seen for myself...but heard alot of rumours, logically it fits...both k3 and 3sze uses 72 MM piston...just the the stroke of the 3s is much longer..where the difference in STROKE is 12.1mm..which is quite alot..and that explains the CC increase...

It will be nice to mod your way up...but the expertise in K3ve in msia is scarse...so as in japan...unless you do it right which will take quite a while and more $...as the WISE man szeonn...the specs are easy to list and say...but calculations....are difficult to be right and precise..how many foreman in msia does the calculation?

remember...there is no replacement for DISPLACEMENT! :thefinger:

if u give me a 2nd choice..i would rather take 3S...but i did my transplant like 4-5 yrs back...mana ada dengar 3s?

agree with Turborized...changing to turbo engine is much more better than BOT...:burnout:
But this is still subjective la...personally i prefer NA raw power..keke...althought i am driving a turbo..
:bawling:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
lu kuli, i'm just a friday boy nia....:bawling:

here got no Amuse S2000, so dun worry... u got no chance to tapao 1...
mayb u can tapao R35 & see how la...

Accord80

Known Member
Jun 2, 2004
Seattlewangsa
My opinion, if money is not an issue go for transplant. BOT is the only way for some ppl like me who don't want go to JPJ for endorse...plus my budget a bit tight la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello powerzone

I'm planning to modify my standard kancil 850EX (2003 facelift),
what kind of modification you can recommend to me, could you PM me the items and prices....

thank u in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience