K-II rims on Wira SE

alexscm

May 2, 2005
Hey Guys,

I'm new here in this thread...This is the first time posting. However I have a few inquiries that might need your expertise.

I drive a Wira SE, got a set of new rims recently. I have just installed K-II rims...SA-70 (Black with red lining)It's 15". Downgraded from 16" to 15". I'm running on Goodyear Eagle F1 195/55/R15. The problem is, The tyres at the back seemed to brush my rear wheel arch whenever i go over bumbs or over wavy roads especially when there are 2 persons at the back..it'll definately be worse if there are 3 persons at the back. Some told me it's bcoz of my tyres being too thick, some told me it's my rims' offset, some told me it's bcoz of my faulty absorbers...I'm frustrated. which one could it be? I will regret if you guys tell me it's my rims' offset. i spent so much already. But I'm ready to change my absorbers. Some even told me to knock/rollback my wheel arch/fenders to give some clearance. So what is the problem and what will be the right solutions? Please Help????!!!

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
check whether your absorbers are actually worn out or not. if not, you could "ketuk" your wheel arches so that it doesn't brush against your tires. i had the same problem with my 17"s. but after "ketuk", no more probs.

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
make sure whoever that does the ketuk, either uses a rubber hammer, or a hammer with cloth. or not, you paint will chip off, if he whacks it too hard, your body panel will dent.

alexscm

May 2, 2005
Thanks...but what is after ketuk also i have the same problem? will it be my absorbers?

alexscm

May 2, 2005
I've got my springs changed...to waja's ones...and absorbers as well.....so far so good...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All, my fren's car (model as per title) was stolen in ALor Setar. Please give me a call if anyone found it. 0124842464. Thank you very much.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience