jpj approval pricing

scarletdiva

Dec 13, 2005
hi,

Anyone knows wuts da current price for jpj approval from 1.3cc to 1.6cc?...
Anyone dat can help me to do approval, please send me contacts......

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Nothing much to do so.
Get your insurance agent with you and calculate for 1.6 insurance charges. Get your insurance form and "garlan" (car specification to pay road-tax one.dont know what it called in English)...
before this, go to puspakom for car inspection. While inspection, shows your Kastam form and application letter. They have to know where you get the engine from and they also need to check your engine block number whether it is matches with your kastam form. Then pay 40~50 ringgit for inspection. If pass, proceed to JPJ to change the engine specification only at NO Charge. Wait for 10 days then claims your "garlan". Settled!
Remember to keep a photostat copy of your "garlan" to prove to road-block-in-charge-person that your car engine is being transplant legally.

scarletdiva

Dec 13, 2005
how bout using runner?

hey thanks 4 da info....

my insurance company told me dat imported engines, da runner charge around rm1000 for approval!!!........is dat true? Any places which offer cheaper price for runners??

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
hey hey scarletdiva,
What car and what engine you are using? Actually Im facing some problem too. But I think you needs to pay such high amount of money.

erictoh

Known Member
Mar 12, 2006
is there anyrunner to help us to apply JPJ approval??

scarletdiva

Dec 13, 2005
jpj approval

dear k9972,

sure got runner wan.....its just dat nowadays...da approval damn expensivelah!!!...sure da people ther makan like hell wan!!!...Wanted to do myself but sure cannot lepaslah......advise from fren. U guys got any connection which is cheaper?

EjaT3000

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
to JPJ, we no need to pay anything. Just pay for inspection by Puspakom. Just RM40. and then top up for your new roadtax

silverchair

Known Member
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone did for 1.3 to 2.0?
Please PM me if u know the way, or u know some1 can do it..

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
1.3 to 1.8 still got little chance
1.3 to 2.0 close to impossible....unless u do it your way (illegally)

30% cc bigger allowed only ma

1300cc can add more 390cc

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I think runners no business since JPJ barred them from all JPJ offices recently.

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
hii all..
i'm so not register yet my car (Still Illigal)..
New Engine (4G92 Dohc + 4wd GB come with halfcut) Upgrade
from Original engine 4G13p (1.3 - 1.6)

my pren said go to putrajaya n submit byself (Only take 1 day) to get the jpj approval
then go to puspakom (paid Around rm30-40) n then jpj andosment...that all

it's true??

johnnygsr

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
Hi all, i've endorsed my wira 1.5 to GSR engine and alot of ppl advised me to get runner to get me approved by puspakom. The most important is to pass the puspakom test. Once approved, JPJ hav no issue to register you car. If u hav budget to get runner, plz do. So that u wont face any unnecessary issue by urself. Need runner. please PM me. Cheers!

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Honestly speaking, nowadays want to get car pass from puspakom is hard... Just try to avoid less issue by using money lo. Pay more get less problem is worth in common sense. Anyway, anyone from penang facing the same problem? Please pm me...

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
kk,

i'm from penang, previously u mentioned just go straight to JPJ, i think it's incorrect procedure, nowadays whatever engine transplant will require the letter from Pusat Kawal Selia Putrajaya, so unless u get that approval letter, ur not endorsing the engine yet....

just received my approval from putrajaya on my gsr conversion, be going to Puspakom this monday.

cheers

scarletdiva

Dec 13, 2005
kennethfong said:
kk,

i'm from penang, previously u mentioned just go straight to JPJ, i think it's incorrect procedure, nowadays whatever engine transplant will require the letter from Pusat Kawal Selia Putrajaya, so unless u get that approval letter, ur not endorsing the engine yet....

just received my approval from putrajaya on my gsr conversion, be going to Puspakom this monday.

cheers

dear kennethfong,

u are using runner to do inspection in puspakom?....how much is the cost?

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
hi scarlett,

for my engine transplant yes i'm using runner as i'm too busy nowadays with my hectic work, previously done few applications to jay pee jay myself and all approved, this is my history:

1) auto to manual
yes this needs to be recorded into your vehicle reg grant, approved and inspection at puspakom myself

2) change left hand pillar
last time accident from the previous owner and this has not been settled yet, this needs putrajaya's approval for change of pillar, it's not 'sambung' but considered 'repair'!! approved and inspection at puspakom myself

3) 1.6 to GSR
this round employed runner save my effort

OK to answer your question, for conversion not exceeding 25-30% specs, the standard charges are normally RM 500 inclusive of puspakom inspection and insurance policy change of particulars. That's if u plan doing it the 'runner' way. you can compare the pros and cons using the runner and urself:

yourself:
1) Gotta do everything urself from collection of grant if still under finance, approval from finance, application to Putrajaya, then puspakom RM 40 which will fail sometimes, insurance policy change notification (which is the last thing to do)
2) Much faster within 3-4 weeks confirmed, if not something is wrong with poslaju
3) Possible to get blacklisted, most they’ll ask you to go for re-inspection at puspakom within certain time frame for confirmation of current engine and chassis number
4) Free except RM 40 per inspection, if failed then another RM 40
5) If you’re a first timer on Puspakom, be prepared to be failed, there are 4 or 5 kinds of tests at each puspakom station, you may fail the test at poor brakes, poor suspension, or for other stupid minor reasons (I failed once so I know how it feels)
6) Everything’s gotta be original, not even a gsr bumper or mitsu or other brands’ logo

runner:
1) Ease of hassle and worry
2) May be bit slower probably 4-6 weeks sometimes 2 months
3) Won’t get blacklisted if vehicle is not approved as JPJ has the absolute right to put your car under investigation (this only applies if your car has been transplanted with new engine but kawal selia has yet to approve your app)
4) Loads of people misunderstood on the runner could get things done easily, for standard price of RM500 doesn’t guarantee your approval from putrajaya, but more towards the puspakom inspection
5) Depending how you communicate with the runner, sometimes owner may allow runner to drive the car for inspection, sometimes u gotta take a day’s leave and go along with the runner or alone, but sometimes even if your car goes for inspection, it may come back without anything done as sometimes some special authority ppl will be there at puspakom and unable to process your test.
6) If you have extensive mods like bodykit or loud exhaust pipes, then pls use this service

hope you understand all these, so the most important thing for engine change is to get kawal selia's approval from JPJ putrajaya (remember putrajaya not padang jawa or somewhere else), and there're few types of app some do not require JPJ putrajaya's consent, such as same engine capacity with same car makes eg. proton to proton or 1.5 to 1.5, which do not exceed 25% displacement, pls check this with trustworthy JPJ officers whether you're required or not, otherwise that's wat happened when some ppl go straight to Puspakom and failed as there's no notification from JPJ to approve such engine transplant.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need help from any of the sifu out there... need to know wheter an rsm meter can be installed on carb car?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience