JDM GTR R35 V Spec - By 7tune.com

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
:love::love::love::love::love:

Weight reduction, assorted carbon parts, over boost function… the GT-R Spec V is shaping up to be a very special car.

The concept behind the Spec V version of the Nissan GT-R is similar to the Porsche 997 GT2 and the BMW M3 CSL in that they offer reduced weight, structural reinforcement of the body and increased power and torque. The biggest hurdle for the GT-R has to be that of weight reduction, its standard weight coming in at 1740kg. Best Car magazine reported back in February that a carbon hood and front grille were being developed for the Spec V GT-R, it being a crucial part in the Spec V’s weight reduction plan. Nissan wants to reduce weight by a total of 100 - 150kg and to do this the body and interior will get special attention. The doors are one of the main areas where weight can be reduced, so the Spec V will have aluminum door panels over carbon frames with aluminum side intrusion bars.

The carbon ceramic brakes were undergoing high performance trials at Sendai Highland circuit in northern Japan, and although they offer incredible performance on the circuit there is some concern as to how pedal feel will be affected at low speeds encountered in urban areas. Nevertheless, the carbon ceramic brakes will be one of the big selling points of the Spec V and will be easily noticeable with the calipers being coated in silver paint as opposed to the standard gold Brembo calipers. The suspension is still in its testing phase with both Bilstein and SACHS dampers being chosen for further trials. The suspension settings are said to be unforgiving on the street, the focus is on ultimate handling on the circuit so we can expect a harsh ride not unlike a race car.

Best Car only mention a couple of details concerning the engine, those being an over boost function which will increase power output from 480ps up to 520ps, and the inclusion of a titanium exhaust system to make the most of the higher boost level. This goes against reports of the Spec V’s power output being as high as 550ps so we will definitely keep a close eye on any new information as it arises. Moving on to the interior, the electric front seats are quite hefty and it seems a 10kg reduction in weight each side can be had with the inclusion of some carbon frame Recaro sports reclining seats. The rear seats and surrounding trim will be removed to further reduce weight and make the Spec V a genuine 2-seater. Materials like Alcantara and buckskin are likely to adorn the dashboard, center console and steering wheel.
The Nissan GT-R Spec V is expected to sell at around 13,000,000 yen (base model GT-R 7,800,000 yen).

Text: Justin Karow

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,
I've gone thru most of threads on this topic but i still need a little help from guys out there ?

1) Would it damage my stock shocks and struts if i were to lower it with say springs from eibach ?? ( Proton Waja 1.6 - 1 year old )

2)Will i be trading off a noticeble amount of comfort if i go for the eibach+ stock abs configuration ??

3)Anyone sellin it out there ?? ... :)

Pls advice cause im really plannin to upgrade to eibachs in this comin week .

Thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience