IPOH TT

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Small town only, not like Ipoh........hhahahhahah
Not a bad place what. Got AEON already now. It has been more than 10 years since I last visited Taiping. I heard it rains quite often over there.

The Taiping zoo is famous got night safari. The Taiping lake with their famous tree branches touching the water, Taiping Lake Garden, Famous Popiah.....hhahahhahahah

As for automotive side, Toyo tyre factory is there.....lol
Do they make any performance tyres there?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If durian season, VR can drive to taiping then to balik pulau. Hehehe
No need mah! The durian are sent to KL......lol:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Not a bad place what. Got AEON already now. It has been more than 10 years since I last visited Taiping. I heard it rains quite often over there.

Do they make any performance tyres there?
I think still is wettest town in MY. Heard from in laws, back then, the oldies gather at market kopitiam, they can even bet when the first rain drop fall at what time, Closest wins......lol

Toyo bought over Silverstone factory. The factory in the picture is another one which is nearby. Was driving to Simpang, waze took me through Industrial area then saw this factory. As far as I know they are producing for export also. T1-R if not mistaken is produced here already.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
No need mah! The durian are sent to KL......lol:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I think still is wettest town in MY. Heard from in laws, back then, the oldies gather at market kopitiam, they can even bet when the first rain drop fall at what time, Closest wins......lol

Toyo bought over Silverstone factory. The factory in the picture is another one which is nearby. Was driving to Simpang, waze took me through Industrial area then saw this factory. As far as I know they are producing for export also. T1-R if not mistaken is produced here already.
I wonder what factor caused the frequent rain... Maybe because of the mountain areas and the ground level...

Which means there are two Toyo factories?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
oh wow... am also gona be in ipoh on that day (probably) but kenot meet u guyslah hehe

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I wonder what factor caused the frequent rain... Maybe because of the mountain areas and the ground level...

Which means there are two Toyo factories?
Not sure, but could be because located at the foothill

Yah! I thought one only until saw the second one....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Durian drop from tree still fresh mah....not too many hand touch yet...hahahaha
Too bad I don't eat durian.

oh wow... am also gona be in ipoh on that day (probably) but kenot meet u guyslah hehe
Woah, really? Contact me via fb la. :biggrin:

Not sure, but could be because located at the foothill

Yah! I thought one only until saw the second one....:smokin:
I don't see a lot of Toyo tyres on the road neither do I see many Toyo shops. But somehow, factory got two and so close with each other. Hope they at least make R1-R so next time can buy it at cheaper price. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't see a lot of Toyo tyres on the road neither do I see many Toyo shops. But somehow, factory got two and so close with each other. Hope they at least make R1-R so next time can buy it at cheaper price. :biggrin:
Found this. New Factory is their largest outside of Japan....
Toyo Tyre Malaysia Sdn Bhd was established in Taiping, Malaysia on April 12, 2011 following the acquisition of Silverstone Berhad.

On May 8, 2013, Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. Chairman, Mr Kenji Nakakura officiated the Toyo Tyre Malaysia Factory Completion Ceremony – a traditionally important event to mark a major accomplishment before commencement of operations.

The state-of-the-art tyre facility costing RM800 million sited on a 148-acre site in Kawasan Perindustrian Kamunting Raya, Kamunting, Taiping produces world-class performance and high quality tyres for passenger car, MPV and SUV / 4 x 4 tyres. It is equipped with the latest manufacturing equipment and uses Toyo Tires’ most advanced technologies – T-Mode and Advanced Tyre Operation Module (A.T.O.M) a highly flexible and automated production system that maintains consistency of product quality at all times, during the manufacturing process.

Toyo Tyre Malaysia’s flagship manufacturing facility is headed by its managing director, Mr Kanji Kasai and is primed to be the largest outside Japan for Toyo Tires, when it reaches full capacity. The factory will produce 2.5 million tyres that will double to 5 million tyres in 2015 and exported to Southeast Asian countries, Middle East, Europe and the US.

The Malaysian tyre facility is strategic in Toyo Tires’ global expansion plan and is an integral component of Toyo Tires’ Mid-Term Business Plan where a global optimal supply system based on its three-region world of Japan, North America and Asia will produce and supply 45 million tyres in 2015.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Found this. New Factory is their largest outside of Japan....
Toyo Tyre Malaysia Sdn Bhd was established in Taiping, Malaysia on April 12, 2011 following the acquisition of Silverstone Berhad.

On May 8, 2013, Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. Chairman, Mr Kenji Nakakura officiated the Toyo Tyre Malaysia Factory Completion Ceremony – a traditionally important event to mark a major accomplishment before commencement of operations.

The state-of-the-art tyre facility costing RM800 million sited on a 148-acre site in Kawasan Perindustrian Kamunting Raya, Kamunting, Taiping produces world-class performance and high quality tyres for passenger car, MPV and SUV / 4 x 4 tyres. It is equipped with the latest manufacturing equipment and uses Toyo Tires’ most advanced technologies – T-Mode and Advanced Tyre Operation Module (A.T.O.M) a highly flexible and automated production system that maintains consistency of product quality at all times, during the manufacturing process.

Toyo Tyre Malaysia’s flagship manufacturing facility is headed by its managing director, Mr Kanji Kasai and is primed to be the largest outside Japan for Toyo Tires, when it reaches full capacity. The factory will produce 2.5 million tyres that will double to 5 million tyres in 2015 and exported to Southeast Asian countries, Middle East, Europe and the US.

The Malaysian tyre facility is strategic in Toyo Tires’ global expansion plan and is an integral component of Toyo Tires’ Mid-Term Business Plan where a global optimal supply system based on its three-region world of Japan, North America and Asia will produce and supply 45 million tyres in 2015.
Too bad no mention of what tyre model is manufactured here. But surely the entry and mid range level will be made there.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope, look closely they have very fine pattern. The one like PS3 is the T-1 Sports
Now that I compared between them, I see the differences already. However if T-1 Sports and PS3, then they are very similar.

haha very likely going lah, was gona ask you, mana tempat makan ke menarik or what to do in ipoh
Family trip of you come by your own? Nowadays, Ipoh is not like few years ago. Got traffic jam already on city area especially Ipoh old town area where the famous street art is located and those other famous eating places. Normal weekend also slightly jam, if public holiday, will be worse but still better than KL. :biggrin:

What you want to eat? If want to drink original old town white coffee, go to Nam Heong at old town. Not the fancy looking franchise but the original shop. If you want to eat the famous taugeh ayam (nga choi kai), then go to Onn Kee which is beside Lou Wong.

As for what to do in Ipoh, there is basically nothing special to do. Most people come to Ipoh to look at street arts, go to caves, eat, relax. Recently, a famous tourist spot would be Qing Xin Ling Leisure & Cultural Village. It is like a park with various traditional items to see. I'll attach a pic of that place here.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

someone told me about it..issit true? whats the engine code,performance , and price like? thanx .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience