Inquiry on Legacy B4 RSK

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Hi to all,:wavey:

It seems like this model not so popular a.k.a very rare in our shore...

I'm getting this model (2001 manual 5spd) soon. Just curious about the availability of the spare parts for this model in Msia.
Since it's using ej20 (i guess mayb its similar with V7), maybe most of the engine parts are on sharing basis/inter-changeable.

How about other parts ? e.g. brake pads, rotor, suspension n transmission parts ?

Since this model using sequential twin turbo, is it effective n efficient (in terms of cost vs bhp) to modify to single turbo ? pros and cons on doing this ? or maybe got some other route/alternative to improve its performance...

all the advise/poisons/opinions :nurse: are well welcome and appreciated.

and lastly, dont shoot me (if this topic quite boring or had been discussed b4).. i was searching the infos on this model and unfortunately, not many well discussed (in fact i did browsed in SCM)...

this gonna be my first subby (tired with my proton mutated mitsu oredi :thefinger:).. it's time for some growly rumbly bubly noise...hehehe...:driver:

tankspeed

From Facebook
Dec 22, 2009
I always hear about people who put WRX or STi stuff on the Legacy, even turbos, so i'm quite sure you can look at some Impreza parts too.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Thanks tankspeed:biggrin:

any particular common problems that always happened in this model ?

some forums did mentioned about the prone of the top part of the radiator to get leaking...
is it common problem to imprezza as well, or just in case of legacy ?

other common problems ?

I always hear about people who put WRX or STi stuff on the Legacy, even turbos, so i'm quite sure you can look at some Impreza parts too.

tankspeed

From Facebook
Dec 22, 2009
I dunno about reliability bro, sorry:wavey: help bump incase anyone knows anything here.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
No problem, mate:biggrin:

To be honest, i'm taking quite some risks because i'm lacks of knowledge/info/experience with boxer engine (especially this phase 2 boxer TT)..

It happened because i love that burbly rumbly boxer sound and also got very good offer for the price of the car...

Love WRX so much, but unfortunately couldn't afford for it. Moreover, i need some comfortable family sedan (but with some grunty engine, of course) for family outing.

Guess, i will slowly learn to understand it more from time to time.

Thanks anyway, bro :shakehands::shakehands:

I dunno about reliability bro, sorry:wavey: help bump incase anyone knows anything here.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is more personal than car security, but since the two are often related, I will place this post here.

This is something I picked up yesterday from the Safety Campaign Demo.

If some bloke harrasses you, but he is wearing this kind of helmet with visor:

where are you gonna to pepper spray? Or can we pepper spray him at all?

P.S. Please don't stray away from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience