Info about all round suspension bushing for AE101

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

hon_cs

Known Member
hi guys,

As refer to the topic, my car now is almost 18yrs. Can anyone provide some good info so that i never get chopped :biggrin:

1. Estimated price OEM and ORI
  2. Estimated labour
  3. Recommended workshop
  4. How many bushes i need to buy for all round of suspension

Mcpherson or Super Strut system..? Mcpherson hav front lower arm bush L/R big 2pc, small 2pc, ball joint 2pc, stabilizer bush 2pc, stabilizer link 2pc, did u need 2 change suspention top mount, n exhaust mounting..? Est price around rm600+ for japan part front only.. Any sifu correct me if im wrong..

Toyota bushing seldom "rosak" one...not like Honda's :D :D
except for tie-rod...

I've changed it to local made...including the link bar (dog bone look a like one), it can't last long...

then changed back to "made in Japan" made (chop shop condition) ...and still running strong...
unless you use SuperPro...but this one a bit to harsh on the ride comfort...

bro dayline668
where you bought those bushing with this price? im using mcpherson. i dont think will change suspension top mount. hmm so many parts, i think better go workshop jack up my car and ask the mechanic which bushing worn out. like that easier for me to buy.

bro chin
wont get superpro because too too hard for me. wah dint know chopped shop also can find good condition bushing leh. can i just change tie rod bush? or need to replace the whole thing?

by the way, how to know if the bushing worn out? rubber pieces teared out?

You might find it...but have to check on the conditions...mostly the bushing are still in good conditions...

My bad...corolla's tie rod seldom "rosak" too...i was referring to Civic's ball joint that always fail due to the size of ball joints...not like Corolla's...which is bigger...

For tie rod...you may use 555 brand...or use back the orginal one...based on the conditions...
my old setup...I've used 555, and I must saw, the quality is good, since the engraved the 555 brand on the solid tie rod...made in Japan...now i'm using half-cut condition tie rod and keeping the 555 for back-up... :D

for worn out checking...check the physical symptom...crack, "swollen lips look a like", misalign (seldom happened) n etc...

You might find it...but have to check on the conditions...mostly the bushing are still in good conditions...

My bad...corolla's tie rod seldom "rosak" too...i was referring to Civic's ball joint that always fail due to the size of ball joints...not like Corolla's...which is bigger...

For tie rod...you may use 555 brand...or use back the orginal one...based on the conditions...
my old setup...I've used 555, and I must saw, the quality is good, since the engraved the 555 brand on the solid tie rod...made in Japan...now i'm using half-cut condition tie rod and keeping the 555 for back-up... :D

for worn out checking...check the physical symptom...crack, "swollen lips look a like", misalign (seldom happened) n etc...

555 oldies rokok brand :biggrin:???? many thanks for the info.

hon_cs - please update us here if u already bought the bushes. tq in advance.

555 oldies rokok brand :biggrin:???? many thanks for the info.

hahahaha...
you're talking about this...

555-impreza.jpg

i'm more thinking of this mamak loan book...
but this one is the new book version 5.22.4 :rofl: ...can't find the old book...

555.jpg

but then we are talking about this Three Five tie rod...hahahahaa...

:driver: :driver:

555%20400x506.jpg

That is member price bac a year ago.. better 2 check 1st b4 change.. but the lower arm if u never change b4 and very harden already, better chg it lo.. mine crack n fall out only know, after 13 year of using..

hahahaha...
you're talking about this...

555-impreza.jpg

i'm more thinking of this mamak loan book...
but this one is the new book version 5.22.4 :rofl: ...can't find the old book...

555.jpg

but then we are talking about this Three Five tie rod...hahahahaa...

:driver: :driver:

555%20400x506.jpg

lolol..damn it. that's the one. fuiiyoo some more major sponsored for subaru team. by the way, the packaging of THREE FIVE still the same? buy THREE FIVE ada free this ka??? :thefinger:

555_classic1.gif

That is member price bac a year ago.. better 2 check 1st b4 change.. but the lower arm if u never change b4 and very harden already, better chg it lo.. mine crack n fall out only know, after 13 year of using..

member price? corolla/toyota member? im not sure previous owner changed it or not. but definetely i need to check on this because my car already 18yrs.

hon_cs - please update us here if u already bought the bushes. tq in advance.

bro fute, no problem. sure will update you about the price

just saw the 555 boxes yesterday, forgot to snap a pix. my friend's ae111 changing the antiroll bar bush front & rear. the box is still the same under Sanken Company Ltd if not mistaken. For sure it's from Nippon. :biggrin:

But the price is more expensive than superpro....

just saw the 555 boxes yesterday, forgot to snap a pix. my friend's ae111 changing the antiroll bar bush front & rear. the box is still the same under Sanken Company Ltd if not mistaken. For sure it's from Nippon. :biggrin:

But the price is more expensive than superpro....

good, so i can look back the ori packaging which is easier for me to recognize. how come more expensive than superpro? toyota ori more lasting than superpro? wah if like that, i might consider superpro also.

the ori packaging same as chinozie posted above. about my friends ae111 car, is not the antiroll bar, he change the front/rear link rod & rear stabilizer bush...my mistake....

Last edited:
Any sifu here can tell me.. where can i buy the super strut lower arm bush???
same with mcpherson????? thanks .....

Any sifu here can tell me.. where can i buy the super strut lower arm bush???
same with mcpherson????? thanks .....

i guess is not same for sure..

normally u can get on chopshop for used item lo..

new item i guess some sifu here can get NEW.. but the price i not sure how much

thanks

does any body know where to buys the 555 bushing part for ae101 within klang valley or kl location?.coz last time i purchases other brand the nut already wear of tighten. need to changes ...shit...

bro feipepe, is not that hard to get 555 tie rod. is very common bush replacement. other places i dont knw.i can get this from puchong sparepart shops. else you can try famous toyota spare shop asia at jalan ipoh,and winghin at jalan loke yew.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom