If I Were An Automotive Engineer - PROTON

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
If I Were An Automotive Engineer

This is a general car talk thread that reveals ideas, opinions from all ZTHians on creating own car.

We dont know whether Proton guys are coming down to this ZTH.com forum for investigating, and if so .. please take this thread as an idea.

Many thinkings are better than one.. so, let me start.

If i were an automotive engineer of Proton, i would:

1. Do a solid tubbed car, i dont mind of other parts, the capsule where people sits in a car should be crash proofed. Other parts i dont mind loosing in an accident.

2. Do a rubber bumper, remember those old cars? nowadays our car lack of bumper safety, all are plastics now and easily broken rather than doing its own named work. A bumper should "BUMP" and NOT broken!

3. A 150ps road car with limitation of 180kmh cut-off is suitable for our Malaysian road. We arent going to race on public road, right? we need use as a transportation and make-up our ride nicely.

4. Make a fair and square MP3, MP4 and a passenger LCD's as a must for all Proton cars, this is to avoid people stealing from others, right? .. if all have LCD's and fair car stereo's ... why should others want to break in? ..

5. Mild tints, such as 25% tinted by Proton themselves. So, no need to worry those JPJ's interrupting us. This could cut down JPJ work force too.

6. Proton cars must be equpped with light accesories, such as a two inch spoiler, side linings, better plate holder similar to Japan .. seen Japan number plates? ..its universal and sealed by goverment to tat car... fancy plates can be avoided and summons are reduced.

7. Proton should bring up their own tuning sides which offers aftermarket accesories, such as spoilers, bumpers and much more. Something like Nissan's Nismo division. We all can reduce those JPJ's stops and have a legal approved bodykits .. rite?

8. Easy and mild body designs .. something like not like Kancil or a new Perdana V6. Average body size will make everyone can drive, like girls and guys. Easy parking too.. this can avoid our wives crashing when wan to park our cars.

9. Cut down those clips! .. put on some bolts and nuts so .. a stronger feel to the car. Commonly a Wira's bumper will drop down with a mild crash .. shit!

10. Lastly .. affordable pricing .. Cut down those 7 or 9 years repayment! ... who wants to pay until 7years or a 9years to own a car? .. I dont see my ownership on my grant authority paper, its only owned by EON bank! ... not me... i cant proudly say that this is my car, ... i only say "Im just driving and the car is owned by bank for the rest 9years!" make it like RM50k to RM60k car .. and cuts down from our EPF or CPF (Singaporeans).

Bonus : Make a white colour headlamp vision .. i only see orange/yellowish on all cars. Avoid HID's

Thats all my own ideas .. if anyone want to add up .. welcomed. If suitable for sticky type, im very proud mr. admin and moderators.

Please dont put pranks and nonsense posts please guys!​

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
im not proton fan but i got some idea oso

1.make the body stronger
2.design the car nicer (hate savvy,gen2,and neo,design) if possible design a car abit like bubble, car maybe change savvy design in to bubble like car and build it bigger and stronger and bigger CC

3.use good quality parts so it wont create alot problem when ppl buy it
4. light use led instead of bulb for the rear and front use hid

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Great .. i love this part "4. light use led instead of bulb for the rear and front use hid"

LED's have more lifespan than normal bulbs, and hard to spoil also. But the LED's used in Wira aeroback nowadays are low quality and i saw many de-fused :(

Thnx kelvio

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
sakura:welcome,

the problem with proton is that they must take care of there quality, if perodua can make it why not proton
i dont believe that perodua can get good quality parts why not proton ,
somemore perodua uses mostly toyota parts i think the parts is more expensive than proton(do correct me if im wrong)

if quality is good and design is nice and cheap, im sure proton can sell alot and i believe they would earn the same or maybe better

if last time proton sell good quality car i think now they wont have any bad reputation,

lets take wira, cos wira is the hot saler in proton(i think)
if they do better quality wira i think most of the malaysian wont buy second hand honda,toyota,etc, as family car any more(cost around rm55k)
but because of the "today come out from factory,tomorrow go back in" reputation thats y ppl rather chose to buy secondhand car even its more expensive

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
Ask VW to come back and take over...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
- tougher chassis
- nicer exterior complete with decent bodykits as standard
- make everything last longer
- mp3 player and on-board screen as standard
- lightweight spoke rims
- better tyres
- semi-bucket seats
- minimum of 150bhp
- minor tints
- HID
- sporty exhaust with minor bassy sound
-

kelvin---

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Sarawak
SkYwAlKeR said:
- tougher chassis
- nicer exterior complete with decent bodykits as standard
- make everything last longer
- mp3 player and on-board screen as standard
- lightweight spoke rims
- better tyres
- semi-bucket seats
- minimum of 150bhp
- minor tints
- HID
- sporty exhaust with minor bassy sound
-
aiyo..if like this...proton wil b more expensive than honda, toyota, and so on..lol

satriaSssEeeZzz

Known Member
May 12, 2005
K.L/Cyberjaya
my suggestion is...

-stop play politic in proton...
-want to make serious bussiness, think smart... think how KIA can be succesfull... -dun choose stupid plastic interior... i know larrr those engineer at proton salary high2 one wont use proton car...only build for "rakyat"...like we all who can't afford to buy expensive car..but please think for us lah...
-NEO is ok but for the next car if lack of quality...suggest better just sell proton...and tanam jagung

HidSeller

500 RPM
Sep 30, 2004
satriaSssEeeZzz said:
my suggestion is...

-stop play politic in proton...
-want to make serious bussiness, think smart... think how KIA can be succesfull... -dun choose stupid plastic interior... i know larrr those engineer at proton salary high2 one wont use proton car...only build for "rakyat"...like we all who can't afford to buy expensive car..but please think for us lah...
-NEO is ok but for the next car if lack of quality...suggest better just sell proton...and tanam jagung
yah u rite ... stop politic ...
Just start to think why and accept other's opinion.
we need R&D not R&C (research and Copy), know every single purpose on every single item ......

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Good thread sakura !!! We pray and hope proton would really open their eyes and listen to what public want from 'em.

If i were an automotive engineer of Proton, i would:

- Stop working to show how I much I hate the management of Proton.

Engineers in proton some of 'em are smart but not the company.Perhaps proton engineers did come across several good ideas on how to improve but due to lack of support from high rank people their creativity is very limited. Those bunch of stupid people who actually have to be sacked and change to better management which no corruption and no politics involved. Always speaking of lack of financial , where the money goes ? Into their own bloody hell pocket. And proton engineers left with small amount of budget to build car, how to build a proper car then ? EVEN if they came out with outrageous ideas, but sources and financial are limited so they are forced to build vehicle that suits the requirement. And no or lack of fund for proper R&D. How to come out with better car then ......

And my writing really dont intend to fire anyone, just voicing out my opinion.Sorry if anyone offended.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
too many crony going on le. where got company as stupid to use the same power window supplier whose products keep failing one? answer rather obvious la.

proton cars are designed for the ease of its suppliers. in other words, designed to fulfill the needs of their suppliers, not the users.

where got possible that other car manufacturers can built a car and sell it for the same price as proton, and yet be leaps and bounds ahead in terms of quality and features?

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
kelvin--- said:
aiyo..if like this...proton wil b more expensive than honda, toyota, and so on..lol
ahahaha, true true...
then ppl prefer buy a 2nd hand rx7 fd than proton lo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

Got nothing much to do that day so play with car air filter.

guys, you're all think which one is better im term of power and smooth ride..

i use HKS super flow = power wise okie only. Low RPM below 3K suck.. ride not smooth below 3K rpm

Ori air filter box with K&N drop in = smooth ride but can't feel the power kick in after 3K rpm like using HKS.

Ori air filter with proton ori filter = smooth ride, power wise same as K&N drop in ..

hehe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience