Dec 18, 2004
is there any modification...

that we can port our valve hole to bigger one
and change the valve?

yinho

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by xtracooljustin+Jan 29 2005, 09:12 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xtracooljustin @ Jan 29 2005, 09:12 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by yinho@Jan 29 2005, 05:25
<!--QuoteBegin-sam1741
@Jan 28 2005, 21:30

cause more torque i can save more fuel.. :D

there is no way u can increase torque without sacrificing fuel.. lightening ur car is the best solution :lol:

shoot me!
however wif more low end torque... u do not need to press da accelerator so much just to get moving, so u can cut down on fuel consumption la...

so torque is quite important u c....

many ppl out there r after high end or maximum hp but do they really know that torque is just as important?

i'll custom build or throw in a supercharger anytime...but i dunno much about da engine u r talking about [/b][/quote]
but a supercharger will definitely increase the FC a lot because supercharger compress both fuel n air compare to turbo which only compress the air...
but maintainance wise.. supercharger is way ahead :rolleyes:

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by rollakid@Jan 29 2005, 10:17
my memory isn't good, can't remember the formula for sure, but if not mistaken its something like 1lb-ft of torque at 5252rpm = 1 hp, mean if you have 200lb-ft of torque at 5252rpm then you have 200hp at that time.

so with the equation you probably can calculate the rest already. and dyno machine can't measure hp, they mesure torque only, and use that formula to calculate the hp from it.

btw OHV is pretty hard to gain much torque, except go for bigger displacement
yaaa..this is what i'm talking about..yeah. very good point man.
increase torque will also increase HP. and the HP value will always be the same as torque value at 5252rpm..if it is not..than the dyno graph is unreal (bogus)
but if u r talking about increase torque at only low rpm..u r not gaining MAX HP at all.

OHV...busses also use OHV hehe...but i dunno much how to modify it. that examples that i stated periviously is for most engine..dun care if it is OHV or OHC

if u change the valves to bigger one...is there any bigger one ? i dunno much about ur engine. if u manage to get one...then get it

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Alot of cars that require low end torque tend to retain OHC or pushrod and 2 valves per cylinder configuration.
See even when most modern engines have 4 valves, Merc still retain 3 valves per cylinder to provide better torque.

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by flamefox850+Jan 29 2005, 15:00 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (flamefox850 @ Jan 29 2005, 15:00 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rollakid@Jan 29 2005, 10:17
my memory isn't good, can't remember the formula for sure, but if not mistaken its something like 1lb-ft of torque at 5252rpm = 1 hp, mean if you have 200lb-ft of torque at 5252rpm then you have 200hp at that time.

so with the equation you probably can calculate the rest already. and dyno machine can't measure hp, they mesure torque only, and use that formula to calculate the hp from it.

btw OHV is pretty hard to gain much torque, except go for bigger displacement
yaaa..this is what i'm talking about..yeah. very good point man.
increase torque will also increase HP. and the HP value will always be the same as torque value at 5252rpm..if it is not..than the dyno graph is unreal (bogus)
but if u r talking about increase torque at only low rpm..u r not gaining MAX HP at all.

OHV...busses also use OHV hehe...but i dunno much how to modify it. that examples that i stated periviously is for most engine..dun care if it is OHV or OHC

if u change the valves to bigger one...is there any bigger one ? i dunno much about ur engine. if u manage to get one...then get it [/b][/quote]
hi,

nice formula. so how can we increase for torque and HP? for turbo car?

up boost? up ignition timing?

Thank you...

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
turbo...up boost also increase torque and HP hehe..very easy lah. but have to maintain the correct a/f ratio la..that's why after upgrading bigger turbo bigger intercooler and so on..have to upgrade fuel part also. timing ignition is critical for turbo cars. for fine tuning the ignition..have to tune it with aftermarket knock sensor...so advance the timing until got the slight knock..then back off a little. see dyno graph also

anything will make ur car feel a better pick up...increase hp and torque la..dun say lightening body lor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, does anyone have information about changing geran?
Yesterday I went to post office to renew my roadtax, but because of the roadtax renewal space was full (at the back of the geran letter) so the post office guy said I cant renew it in post office, I have to go to jpj to change to new geran letter, my question is what is the process of changing the geran? What should I prepare and how much it will cost me? Does anyone experienced this before?

Really appreciate your help,
Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience