how to drift with a proton?

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
No easy to play lehh???
Better find some wide n big place to practice first...
Bcs if u first time slide u will kelam kabut donno what can do....
Practice at wet foolr larr...dry not syiok 1....
At last it only is slide,not drift..

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Originally posted by thteh86@Oct 27 2004, 18:32
a noob here...mind to teach me?
my friend told me to tekan the brake and the accelerator together while cornering wor...like the initial d style
Tekan brake and accelerator together when cornering? :blink:

If your car is manual, you might end up with:
- A burnt clutch
- A broken driveshaft
- Or you gonna be changing brake pads often

And nope, that won't make the car drift. :ph34r:

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
ehhh mr nismo
U hv play FF car drifting arr???if FF wanna slide need how to do only nice n longer lehhh????? is it pull handbrake in nice angle???
thteh86
u join www.drift.com.my larrr..
There hv some FF expert drifter...

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
thteh, wanna slide with a proton or actually any FF cars.. i think the easiest way is to play with ur handbrake, steering and weight transfer ler.. about braking.. to slide.. i think from my experience i accidently did it once.. its when i entering a corner real fast.. then i heavy brake and make da weight transfer to the front of da car.. flick ur steering and ur car should be sliding at that time.. then u throttle and steer back ur car to stable it down ler.. i think that is what ur friend mean .. i dont think by pressing ur brake and throttle at the same time will cause to the car to slide. - just my opinion, sorry if there is any information that i given is wrong-

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
download DriftBible.avi lah...
good tips given..

FF drift ah? go lock LSD first...

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
eh i drifted before in batu 3 with my wira.. not bad gah.. quite nice and cute.. hehehe but must be wet ler.. well you can listen to windz he's saying something right :)

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Originally posted by WinDz@Oct 28 2004, 12:29
thteh, wanna slide with a proton or actually any FF cars.. i think the easiest way is to play with ur handbrake, steering and weight transfer ler.. about braking.. to slide.. i think from my experience i accidently did it once.. its when i entering a corner real fast.. then i heavy brake and make da weight transfer to the front of da car.. flick ur steering and ur car should be sliding at that time.. then u throttle and steer back ur car to stable it down ler.. i think that is what ur friend mean .. i dont think by pressing ur brake and throttle at the same time will cause to the car to slide. - just my opinion, sorry if there is any information that i given is wrong-
Haha WINDZ is expert driver....
I try slide before also,but cannot control back....only can fully stop the car first..
Bcs teh car going left n right...realy cannot handle it..... luckyly all still ok...that my first time slide in wet....realy hong bou.. ;) ;)

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
you dont. drifts are for RWD cars. u wanna pull a quick 180 deg hairpin? thats the handbrake induced slide (grip loss) is used for. it will only be for thrills and fun, coz its not gonna improve much on speed or timing (if u're the racing type)

the term 'drift' doesnt apply to FF cars. some ppl will come down on u bcoz of it. FF drivers like us should just stick to spectatorship until we buy a driftable, FR car ourselves. <_<

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Proton car can drift if u really wan....hehehehe

convert to 4WD with 4G63T and then jammed/locked gear box to become RWD...hahaha....i saw one WRX did it la.... :P

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Originally posted by evo3@Oct 28 2004, 16:59
convert to 4WD with 4G63T and then jammed/locked gear box to become RWD...hahaha....i saw one WRX did it la.... :P
I think drifting originated from 4WD rally cars negotiating gravel or snow filled bends.

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by WAJA2003+Oct 28 2004, 16:28 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WAJA2003 @ Oct 28 2004, 16:28 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WinDz@Oct 28 2004, 12:29
Haha WINDZ is expert driver....
I try slide before also,but cannot control back....only can fully stop the car first..
Bcs teh car going left n right...realy cannot handle it..... luckyly all still ok...that my first time slide in wet....realy hong bou.. ;) ;) [/b][/quote]
about car fishtailing left and right.. that happen to me last time when i still running stock spring becos the car roll left and right too much..now i change to hard spring .. that fish tailing after a slide doesnt happen anymore..

AE80typeD: yea i understood what u trying to say .. tats why all this while i has been saying its powersliding instead of drifting.. ^.^ cheers

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by WAJA2003@Oct 28 2004, 11:49
ehhh mr nismo
U hv play FF car drifting arr???if FF wanna slide need how to do only nice n longer lehhh????? is it pull handbrake in nice angle???
thteh86
MrNismo: hey somebody teaching the expert on how to drift wor......???? i think i can picture ur smiley face laughing liao hehehe....

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by evo3@Oct 28 2004, 16:59
Proton car can drift if u really wan....hehehehe

it is possible for WRX bcos of the engine layout... the flywheel positioning are more or less facing the same side with the FR cars...where by the Evos are not.. there is this aftermarket gadget for STI8 that u can switch the power to RWD....

the WRX u saw in the Japan GT in Sepang couple of years back are running on 2WD and its RWD....

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Originally posted by CarismaGT+Nov 8 2004, 09:33 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CarismaGT @ Nov 8 2004, 09:33 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WAJA2003@Oct 28 2004, 11:49
ehhh mr nismo
thteh86
MrNismo: hey somebody teaching the expert on how to drift wor......???? i think i can picture ur smiley face laughing liao hehehe.... [/b][/quote]
CarismaGT
U mean who teaching drift skill??? i only ask lahhhh... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well known graphic designer Jon Sibal came up with these renderings of the Mclaren MP4-12C GTR. He used several different classic liveries like Fina, Gulf and Marlboro. It's unlikely that the Mclaren MP4-12C GTR will ever be adorned in these liveries, in fact we don't even know if the MP4-12C will be competing in races (though we have absolutely no doubt that Mclaren will contest the car), but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience