How To Clean Up Bird Shit?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Use tar remover... I'm using CarPlan Tar Remover... works wonders. But not on metallic paint though...

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
I just use a piece of cloth soak with some water, just rub the surface hard, because the shit is like harden liao. Today kena birdshit, today you have to clean.

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
simplythebest said:
I just use a piece of cloth soak with some water, just rub the surface hard, because the shit is like harden liao. Today kena birdshit, today you have to clean.
rub too hard will scratch ya paint dude..put some water on the Shit first..let the shit soak with the water for a while before u buff off...if still can't remove..use acbc technique

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
i think the best thing to do is to keep a small bottle of water inside your car all the time. as soon as you see a bird dropping on your car, i've read somewhere @ ZTH that you must clean it up immediately, 'cause later on it'll harden and eat up your paint. after that i suppose use CarPlan's Tar Remover a bit to clean up the rest, dunno i'm right or wrong here, but the "cleaning with water immediately" part is correct though..

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
wah the bird shit is quite concentrated ar...need tar remover to remove.... :biggrin:

the best way is wat bro say, keep a bottle of water, quickly rub it off b4 it harden, it timing not ngam.. then no choice lo..

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
kelvin--- said:
try usin soft drink to clean it...read bout it from a book last time..but never try it..whoever tat try it...remember to tell me the results..peace
wah, who dare to try this, i've heard using Coke to clean ( i forgot what, on clothings i think? ) clothes but bird droppings on paintwork? I could be wrong, but I've heard some ppl says bird droppings ( like bat droppings ) contains slight amount of methane. And COke or most soft drinks contains plenty of those fizzy stuffs...

this, concentrate our thoughts onto it, we must..

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
u have to carry a water bottle and a tissue box with u all the time lar bro (i have already learned my lesson). make sure the tissue is really wet when u want to wipe the droppings. i have this mark on my roof which looks like permanent due to the bird droppings. tried to polish it out also cannot. ne one here knows how to remove the mark? :biggrin: .

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
volvo850 said:
u have to carry a water bottle and a tissue box with u all the time lar bro (i have already learned my lesson). make sure the tissue is really wet when u want to wipe the droppings. i have this mark on my roof which looks like permanent due to the bird droppings. tried to polish it out also cannot. ne one here knows how to remove the mark? :biggrin: .
you can try meguairs tar remover and see..if the shit is already etch..then try scratchX..if still tak boleh...do a bit of sanding lor..

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
kelvin--- said:
try usin soft drink to clean it...read bout it from a book last time..but never try it..whoever tat try it...remember to tell me the results..peace
ya..read it somewhere...use Coca Cola

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
i just clean those shit with tisue paper. bloodly bird, shit it 30 seconds after i wash my car. It's still hot when i wipe it.

sherwin

Aug 11, 2004
Keep a bottle of Meguiar's Quik Detailer for such emergencies... spray on and wipe