How do you choose the best tyres for your car?

carriefire

Jul 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I normally will get some advise from Workshop man and leave him to help me lo... anyway can also ask for friend's opinion and they will sure recommend you one la...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I normally will get some advise from Workshop man and leave him to help me lo... anyway can also ask for friend's opinion and they will sure recommend you one la...
Unless you are really close with the workshop boss and a trustworthy type. Then yes you can get his recommendation.

Even my so called trust worthy tyre shop for 1 1/2 years, also slaughtered me. What's more with you walking in to random workshop for recommendation? I won't trust a shit about what they say anymore. I rather trust my friends with knowledge on it or do some research 1st.

9 out of 10 are all unscrupulous businessmen. Especially when it comes to Tayar Shops. They will slaughter u if you didnt do enough homework before purchasing anything.

Best if you have knowledge like vr2turbo, even tayar workshop ppl have to kow tow to him :adore:
:rofl:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Unless you are really close with the workshop boss and a trustworthy type. Then yes you can get his recommendation.

Even my so called trust worthy tyre shop for 1 1/2 years, also slaughtered me. What's more with you walking in to random workshop for recommendation? I won't trust a shit about what they say anymore. I rather trust my friends with knowledge on it or do some research 1st.

9 out of 10 are all unscrupulous businessmen. Especially when it comes to Tayar Shops. They will slaughter u if you didnt do enough homework before purchasing do doing anything.

Best if you have knowledge like vr2turbo, even tayar workshop ppl have to kow tow to him :adore:
:rofl:
Yup, just like bro. der, his usual shop close or shifted then try new shop got very bad service from them. His complaint in another topic here.
Tyre shop can make money make first loh! sell higher price, sell old stock, recommend slow moving model, the camber thing con, etc. etc.....

No lah! tyre shop where got kow tow to me, in fact got a few complaints especially one said, brother you teaching the members too well. Those days where got customers come in and first thing ask how old the tyres or see the tyre they check manufacturing date first...ha! ha! I told him, good for both sides mah! Customer gets fresh tyres, you all will be on your toes and rotate your tyres so no old tyres get left behind.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, just like bro. der, his usual shop close or shifted then try new shop got very bad service from them. His complaint in another topic here.
Tyre shop can make money make first loh! sell higher price, sell old stock, recommend slow moving model, the camber thing con, etc. etc.....

No lah! tyre shop where got kow tow to me, in fact got a few complaints especially one said, brother you teaching the members too well. Those days where got customers come in and first thing ask how old the tyres or see the tyre they check manufacturing date first...ha! ha! I told him, good for both sides mah! Customer gets fresh tyres, you all will be on your toes and rotate your tyres so no old tyres get left behind.....hahahahaha:biggrin:
Actually should say thanks to those con man tyre shops. If not because of them, customers will not buckle up to learn more knowledge on it :rofl:

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
In my opinion, the best solution for the posted question is to try out any tires that you've heard people mentioning that's good.
Keep remarks of the driving experience as you change the brands. Until you find one that suits your driving style and your budget.
Cuz honestly, everyone will tell you different tires are good at every different time as they change and discover better options.
And it's really subjective to personal driving preference. =D
Cheers !

Btw, I've tried :-
1. yokohama parada ( cheap and nice looking threads ) not bad handling during dry but slippery during wet weather.
2. yokohama a drive ( cheap and normal looking threads ) surprisingly acceptable handling during both dry and wet weather.
3. michelin PS3 ( expensive and normal looking threads ) GOOD. GOOD. But wears off quite fast if you're a spirited driver.
4. currently using Yokohama A drive R1. Ok ok lah...

Above tires are fairly noisy too.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In my opinion, the best solution for the posted question is to try out any tires that you've heard people mentioning that's good.
Keep remarks of the driving experience as you change the brands. Until you find one that suits your driving style and your budget.
Cuz honestly, everyone will tell you different tires are good at every different time as they change and discover better options.
And it's really subjective to personal driving preference. =D
Cheers !

Btw, I've tried :-
1. yokohama parada ( cheap and nice looking threads ) not bad handling during dry but slippery during wet weather.
2. yokohama a drive ( cheap and normal looking threads ) surprisingly acceptable handling during both dry and wet weather.
3. michelin PS3 ( expensive and normal looking threads ) GOOD. GOOD. But wears off quite fast if you're a spirited driver.
4. currently using Yokohama A drive R1. Ok ok lah...

Above tires are fairly noisy too.
That is the problem we face so we are trying to shortlist the tyres candidates. Even myself I have been changing tyres and testing them for years and years and can only test a handful of them, so we need every members to chip in their feedback. Moreover through the years tyre model will change so some feedback are no longer usable. There is only so much one can do on their own, so if more chip in, we can have very good data base....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That is the problem we face so we are trying to shortlist the tyres candidates. Even myself I have been changing tyres and testing them for years and years and can only test a handful of them, so we need every members to chip in their feedback. Moreover through the years tyre model will change so some feedback are no longer usable. There is only so much one can do on their own, so if more chip in, we can have very good data base....:driver:
I can only chip in PP2 and XM2. Falken ZE912 last time i used one was AA traction. Current one Traction A. I can't comment.

PP2 - Very grippy on dry and good on wet as well. Comfortable, road noise. Acceptable.
XM2 - Safe for normal city drive. Grip wise good enough on wet & dry.
Push it harder, it will skid a little.
Road noise, start to be noisier after about 50-60% thread left. Comfortable.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Did you know who is the owner ? Mid age malay issit ? I just want to know what the spec he has done. His car now just telan duit almost 18k...just some internal engine mods to his M50 B25...now..Titaned.....

Question
1. Can install camber kit for BMW ? Factory built doesn't have this ability
2. How much that guy pay for titaned BMW ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience