Honda jazz drivetrain problem

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
hi all,

anyone can help , recently my honda jazz clock 85000km, i found a faint sound 'tack tack tack tack' when i turn at slow speeds for example in the car park.... i got my drive shaft heads at both ends (left and right) changed then the sound still persist... i then changed the front stabiliser links...but the problem still persist...

can anyone tell me what to do next?

i m one hi lo soft hard adjustables.... same ride height for one year but recently this sound came up....

HELP I M LOST>>>

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
very simple :biggrin:

it's the CV joints mate!

(Constant Velocity Joints)

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
what is a CV joint? where is it?
please enlighten me more thanks

Bump: i already know where the other 2 cv joints are they are in the centre....outside near the wheel got two both left and right but the inside 2 >>> can these 2 be replaced or must the whole drive shaft be replaced?

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
i already changed the outer joints....inner joints can be changed?

nivek6

Nov 17, 2008
i'm having the same problem when making left turning. the most stupid thing is i went to 2 Honda Service Center and both of them said there is nothing wrong with the driveshaft. One of them even jack up the right side of the car and let the wheel spin left and right to show me there is nothing wrong with the drive shaft because there is no sound.

So i went to outside workshop and the foreman told me its definitely the drive shaft. He is gona check the part price for me.

Last edited:

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
after i changed all the drive shaft parts the sound still exists. So i changed wheel bearings and the problem was solved. Now no more sound already, but wasted all the drive shaft changoh.

nivek6

Nov 17, 2008
you mean the 'tak tak tak tak' sound gone after you have changed the wheel bearing?

nivek6

Nov 17, 2008
wheel bearing should be giving out a low humming sound like u try blowing a hollow steel pipe?

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
I think the "drift shaft" mentioned by TS refers to CV joints....
Coz i have came across many mechs that refer the CV joints as "drive shafts"...
My car is also suffering from the same problem, but mine is not a jazz, just an EG...:rolleyes:..
Changed the left and right CV joints, but problem still persists.... "tak tak tak" sound from the wheels there when accelerating under full turns.... Maybe i should change the wheel bearings?:hmmmm:
Coz im also suspecting the wheel bearing kong coz my wheels are damn heavy...:bawling:

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
confirm wheel bearings my friends bacause i changed evrything dont work...untill i changed 2 bearings problem solved no more sound.....3 weeks of headache

Bump: confirm wheel bearings my friends bacause i changed evrything dont work...untill i changed 2 bearings problem solved no more sound.....3 weeks of headache

nivek6

Nov 17, 2008
mine also fix already and guess what, the tak tak tak sound came from the universal wheel spacer i put on. Took that spacer out and the sound is gone.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this is a way how u can get yr glasses clean n smooth water flows when driving in rain for better visibility

this, a window which juz cleaned with juz water, can easily see the water is sticking on the glasses, perhaps until it dry, where earth;s gravity does not help to pull the water down

i clayed the glasses, using ONR as lubricant...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience